Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Challah maker?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:39 pm
I have a small bread machine. And a kitchen aid. Neither makes 5 lbs. I really want to make challah often but it’s so hard to do it by hand. What do you all use? Any links?

crema

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 11:07 am
I use a Bosch mixer. You can find them on sale online usually. It kneads 5 lbs. of flour easily. I also got the sifter attachment from Duddy's in Brooklyn to presift my flour (not for whole wheat or whole grain flours). This one is on sale:

Everything Kitchens Bosch Universal Mixer

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a small bread machine. And a kitchen aid. Neither makes 5 lbs. I really want to make challah often but it’s so hard to do it by hand. What do you all use? Any links?

Sell your kitchen aid and get a Bosch. It does everything you need and it makes my making challah so easy! You don’t need both unless you’re this massive professional baker.

cbg

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 1:49 pm
crsofnj wrote:
I use a Bosch mixer. You can find them on sale online usually. It kneads 5 lbs. of flour easily. I also got the sifter attachment from Duddy's in Brooklyn to presift my flour (not for whole wheat or whole grain flours). This one is on sale:

Everything Kitchens Bosch Universal Mixer

How fine is the sifter
Is it good for checking that the flour has no bugs

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Sell your kitchen aid and get a Bosch. It does everything you need and it makes my making challah so easy! You don’t need both unless you’re this massive professional baker.

How do I sell it?

crema

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:27 pm
CBG: The sifter has a hechsher and instructions by the Rabbi Shea Katz Rav of K'Hat Magrov (718) 338-4925. It has a very fine mesh screen assembly. Have to make sure after you are finished with the sifting not to tap the screen assembly and very carefully remove it and dump out the dross into the trash...tapping and moving the sifter across the screen. Warning: It is very important not to get this screen wet, ever! The screen is so fine and any flour there will block it up if you get it wet. His letter is attached within the instructions for the sifter. Runs about $90.00 plus tax.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:53 pm
if you already have both machines, use them both. you'll be fine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 8:11 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
if you already have both machines, use them both. you'll be fine.

Neither does the full amount
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics