Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
What should I put in a guest basket in guest room?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:14 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

In general I hope and guess guests bring their own stuff. It's a home and not a hotel.

True. But it might help to have the extra of the types of things people tend to forget

imasinger

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:16 am
One of my later but important additions was a prominently placed note saying, "Welcome! These are for you to use as needed."

saybesser

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:19 am
Mini fridge
Coffee
Tums
Water water water

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:20 am
Negel vasser set
For the one who said sparkling water, I will disagree and say regular water. I personally dislike fizzy water. Maybe some chocolates too.
Mirror

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:31 am
Should most water and drinks be available in the kitchen I mean I wouldn't necessarily want anyone drinking and eating in my guest room

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:38 am
singleagain wrote:
Well don't impose your holding on someone else. I think having a toothbrush for those who might forget is a good idea

I don't impose in anyone. You asked a question and I answered. That wasn't me who said not to put one. I only wrote that I don't use one when you asked if people don't. I for sure put a mini tooth paste and tooth brush in mine but didn't write it because the suggestion was already given.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:39 am
saybesser wrote:
Mini fridge
Coffee
Tums
Water water water

Mini fridge? shock
I don't mind to accommodate a mini fridge in the room as long as my guests are willing to bring it themselves Smile
Any medications like tums or Advil I will give if someone asks for it. House with small children needs to store any medication away from them.

mommy2x

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:43 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
Mini fridge? shock
I don't mind to accommodate a mini fridge in the room as long as my guests are willing to bring it themselves Smile
Any medications like tums or Advil I will give if someone asks for it. House with small children needs to store any medication away from them.

I didn't suggest the fridge but I assume that the person is offering suggestions, not musts. I don't for a fridge but whenever I go to my mother and there's a mini fridge in the hall, I love have a cold water bottle in there vs a room temp water bottle on the dresser. It's definitely a treat!
Totally agree about the advil. I try to show guests where it is, or they can ask. Would not want it lying around.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 7:45 am
singleagain wrote:
Should most water and drinks be available in the kitchen I mean I wouldn't necessarily want anyone drinking and eating in my guest room

Agree. We only eat in the kitchen or at the Shabbos table.

mommy2x

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:03 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Agree. We only eat in the kitchen or at the Shabbos table.

Same here. But we do put out water bottles in case someone is throaty in middle of the night. It's just water and would feel bad inconveniencing our guests to get dressed and come down for a drink. More than that, I show them where the food and snacks are before they go to bed.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:26 am
A small bowl of sucking candies. I don't want people eating in the bedrooms, but hard candies are a nice treat and don't make a mess.

sari00

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:40 am
Mini fridge with water and drinks, small mini snacks, napkins, cups on a tray
alarm clock, shabbos lamp, TV if you approve;)
ac/heat - how to use

Lots of fresh towels, extra blankets, pillows, extra sheets, portacrib, baby linen, baby blankets,

disposable laundry bag, small bags for trash
Tylenol, advil, tissue boxes, lots of toilet paper, feminine products, room air freshener for bathroom

Enough for all guests- small soaps/ shampoo/body wash/ deodorant/mouth wash/floss picks/ hand cream

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:50 am
Tray of nuts and chocolate

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:50 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
A small bowl of sucking candies. I don't want people eating in the bedrooms, but hard candies are a nice treat and don't make a mess.

Choking hazard for children

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:11 am
newima wrote:
Mini fridge with water and drinks, small mini snacks, napkins, cups on a tray
alarm clock, shabbos lamp, TV if you approve;)
ac/heat - how to use

Lots of fresh towels, extra blankets, pillows, extra sheets, portacrib, baby linen, baby blankets,

disposable laundry bag, small bags for trash
Tylenol, advil, tissue boxes, lots of toilet paper, feminine products, room air freshener for bathroom

Enough for all guests- small soaps/ shampoo/body wash/ deodorant/mouth wash/floss picks/ hand cream

Is this to be taken seriously or as a personal wish list? Confused
If I provide all of the above, may I charge you (in cash) before my bell boy shlepps your luggage to your car? Wink

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:16 am
My mother puts in a pregnancy test. TMI

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:21 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Choking hazard for children

Okay, I hear you. My youngest are teenagers and I have not had anyone with little kids in my guest room in years so was not thinking along those lines. We mostly host singles coming to our town for dates or older couples for simchas. I take it back if there are children around!

essie14

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 10:23 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:

Inappropriate !!!!
Why ever would she do this??
Scratching Head

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:01 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:

Seriously? Surprised
Is she the type for whom it's important to be the first one to know about the pregnancy?
Only in the frum world... Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

mfb

Post Thu, Nov 18 2021, 12:12 pm
Nail clipper , q-tips
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics