Home

Name something you learned in school.....
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Pandabeer




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:39 pm
That you have never used in your adult life
Add current age for the fun


Last edited by Pandabeer on Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:43 pm
Pandabeer wrote:
That you have never used in your adult life
Add age for the fun

Does it count if you were taught something but didn’t actually learn it?
Pre/calculus, 12th grade….or maybe 11th….
Back to top

#Happymom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:48 pm
photosynthesis!!!
carbon dioxide and water makes glucose and oxygen.
Back to top

bigsis144




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:58 pm
(I know this is a game but it makes me a little sad… just like you don’t have to do push-ups or lift barbells or run long distances “in real life”, but exercise still benefits your body, I don’t think any learning is ever “wasted” just because you didn’t become an engineer or a Chumash teacher. Your brain learns to learn, your horizons are broadened even briefly, it’s good for you!)
Back to top

iammom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:59 pm
Sohcahtoa
Back to top

Zehava




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:04 pm
Hilchos tekias shofar
Back to top

Living Princess




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:06 pm
Why is this a game? Maybe move to a more fitting forum.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:07 pm
I learned detailed halachot about shechting cows.
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:16 pm
The map of the United States in the 4th grade. I find myself using it in my job a lot. Sometimes my coworkers will ask me “What state is MO, or MA?” Etc. I still have that 4th grade eagerness in me, to answer those questions.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:17 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
(I know this is a game but it makes me a little sad… just like you don’t have to do push-ups or lift barbells or run long distances “in real life”, but exercise still benefits your body, I don’t think any learning is ever “wasted” just because you didn’t become an engineer or a Chumash teacher. Your brain learns to learn, your horizons are broadened even briefly, it’s good for you!)

Who said anything about wasted learning?
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:18 pm
Living Princess wrote:
Why is this a game? Maybe move to a more fitting forum.

Because it’s supposed to be something fun, like a game.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:18 pm
Diagraming sentences...
Back to top

Reality




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:28 pm
Proving a triangle
Back to top

Lovable




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:41 pm
Parshos & details of tefillin
Trigonometry math
Back to top

theoneandonly




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 3:19 pm
Calculus. I enjoyed learning it though so it's not a complaint.
Trigonometry. That I did not enjoy learning.
Math proofs.
Chemistry.
Philip II of Spain's palace was called the Escorial. When will I ever need to know that, I have no idea.
Back to top

KeeGay




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 3:34 pm
theoneandonly wrote:

Philip II of Spain's palace was called the Escorial. When will I ever need to know that, I have no idea.

Reminds of the Renaissance during the sixteenth century. I learned it in 8th grade.
Definitely a waste of time. I could've learned more important things in that time.
I don't bemoan learning Trigonometry and Calculus since these exercise the brain. It was a challenge which I even enjoyed.
But filling up the brain with useless info. Whatever for?!
Back to top

Pandabeer




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:23 pm
Living Princess wrote:
Why is this a game? Maybe move to a more fitting forum.

I thought it might be fun- the goal is not a complaint
Back to top

Success10




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:24 pm
Sine Cosine Tangent
Krebs Cycle
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:32 pm
Macbeth. Twice.
Back to top

theoneandonly




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:32 pm
KeeGay wrote:
Reminds of the Renaissance during the sixteenth century. I learned it in 8th grade.
Definitely a waste of time. I could've learned more important things in that time.
I don't bemoan learning Trigonometry and Calculus since these exercise the brain. It was a challenge which I even enjoyed.
But filling up the brain with useless info. Whatever for?!

I feel like it's important to know history to be a well rounded person, understand references that come up in conversation, etc. But it's the random factoids within the history that sometimes seem pointless.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games

Related Topics Replies Last Post
S/O Last letter, name a mood swing or feeling
by simcha4
1404 Today at 11:28 pm View last post
by Elsa
Last Letter Name a Place 2645 Today at 11:25 pm View last post
S/O Last Letter First Name 2258 Today at 11:25 pm View last post
Last Letter Last Name 1599 Today at 11:25 pm View last post
Switching from Jewish school to public school
by amother
45 Yesterday at 11:54 pm View last post