Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Need to ask a shaila about getting induced- who to ask?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:47 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
FYI, the posted saying that her chassidish rav never allows induction, is NOT the norm, even with chassidish rabbanim! I'm imagining this leading to some more chassid bashing, and it really isn't regular!
My (Belz; ultra chassidish) Rav always asked if doctor is jewish/knows about our beliefs in inductions, and as soon as I confirmed that doctor was Frum, or that my other doctor is familiar with the way we do things, said to go ahead with whatever doctor feels necessary.
In my case, I was cleared for induction due to precipitous labor, even once when I was 5 days early but open 5cm, to avoid taking the chance of delivering in the car. In that case I did make sure Rav knew why I was being induced. With my second, I was using a frum doctor who wanted me induced 2 days overdue because of my history of preeclampsia/toxemia. Rav then didn't ask any details. He just said if a frum doctor wants to induce me for medical reasons, go right ahead with it.
I will say that when I told that to my Dr, she was so happy to hear that, she wanted to call my rav and thank him personally. She said "you have no idea how many times I have patients putting themselves in danger, because the Rav doesn't really get what's going on." She sometimes gets the phone number of the Rav and talks to him, when she feels it's really important, and generally gets clearance for patient.

What if the doctor is not frum but feels induction is necessary for medical reasons. What does frum have to do with it.

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:51 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
What if the doctor is not frum but feels induction is necessary for medical reasons. What does frum have to do with it.

Then the rav would have asked more details to make sure there's a MEDICAL reason, and not just a convenience. When we called, Rav didn't wait to hear reason, because he is familiar with the doctor and knows she wouldn't induce for non-medical reasons.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:56 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
Then the rav would have asked more details to make sure there's a MEDICAL reason, and not just a convenience. When we called, Rav didn't wait to hear reason, because he is familiar with the doctor and knows she wouldn't induce for non-medical reasons.

They usually make it clear what the reason is but ok.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries