Home

Need to ask a shaila about getting induced- who to ask?
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:01 pm
?
Back to top

amother




Starflower
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:04 pm
your own rav, unless he will be unneccesarily machmir or isn't medically knowledgeable.
Are you litvish? chassidish? JPF?
Back to top

amother




Lavender
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:05 pm
Rabbi Forchheimer - just hard to get through. You can try in evening.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
your own rav, unless he will be unneccesarily machmir or isn't medically knowledgeable.
Are you litvish? chassidish? JPF?


Litvish. We don’t really have a rav to ask shailos too 🤷🏼‍♀️

The person we ask Niddah shailos to just does that.
Back to top

amother




Petunia
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:13 pm
Rabbi Munk
Rabbi greenfield
Back to top

amother




PlumPink
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:14 pm
The best thing is to call the Bais Horaah. They will connect u to a RAV that will be able to be continual guidance. We did this when we first moved to Lkwd. Very helpful to have a RAV in your life ...
Back to top

amother




Chocolate
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:15 pm
If your Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons but you still want to ask, you can just ask any Rabbi and let them know that Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons.

I am assuming it's not that straightforward and that's why you are asking here?
Back to top

amother




Antiquewhite
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:15 pm
Make sure you say all pertinent information and why your Dr wants to induce. Once any rav hears my history they tell me to follow medical advice.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
If your Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons but you still want to ask, you can just ask any Rabbi and let them know that Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons.

I am assuming it's not that straightforward and that's why you are asking here?


Yeah it’s not so straightforward.

It’s convenience together with precipitous labor and a special needs child that will benefit from having arrangements made beforehand.
Back to top

amother




Hibiscus
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
If your Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons but you still want to ask, you can just ask any Rabbi and let them know that Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons.

I am assuming it's not that straightforward and that's why you are asking here?


No, because inducing is a very serious shaila, even for medical reason. Our dayan (chassidish) never allowed it for me, even when I had leaking waters for several days. But my doctor was always accomodating. People need a rav and doctor who know their circumstances.

Hatzlacha, OP.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:27 pm
Can I ask what halachically wrong with including?
Back to top

amother




Hibiscus
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:37 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Can I ask what halachically wrong with including?


You're bringing on labor, every child has a mazel when they are supposed to be born, inducing interferes with the mazel, things like that. I don't know if it is halacha or hashkafa or both, but I was never allowed and have had doctors tell me I must. I had to get a medical referal agency on board to get the doctor to accomodate but the doctor I changed to afterward has always been fine with it.
Back to top

amother




Chocolate
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
No, because inducing is a very serious shaila, even for medical reason. Our dayan (chassidish) never allowed it for me, even when I had leaking waters for several days. But my doctor was always accomodating. People need a rav and doctor who know their circumstances.

Hatzlacha, OP.


BH sounds like it worked out well in your situation.

Unfortunately I know someone who had a tragic ending of the story, due to not listening to medical advice with this specific question. Most mainstream rabbanim defer to trustworthy doctors with regard to medical decision making.

(But anyways, not to derail OPs thread since this is a whole separate discussion and totally not what she's asking)
Back to top

amother




Antiquewhite
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
No, because inducing is a very serious shaila, even for medical reason. Our dayan (chassidish) never allowed it for me, even when I had leaking waters for several days. But my doctor was always accomodating. People need a rav and doctor who know their circumstances.

Hatzlacha, OP.


This is not the norm.
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:47 pm
I remember when I discussed inducing with my practitioner (I was 10 days overdue with my DD - B"H went into labor on my own before actually needing induction) she told me that she has never had any issues with "your Rabbis" when she felt that induction was medically necessary.
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:54 pm
I can't imagine a competent rav going against medical advise.

I've been told by my rav to induce when necessary, but when my obgyn said we would like to induce you Monday, if you prefer I can squeeze you in this week my rav said wait until Monday.
Back to top

amother




Brass
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:55 pm
I don’t understand why this is a question I was induced with every birth all for different reasons. I never asked my fav snd yes I ask Things that I feel I need to and I don’t think he would’ve disagreed with my doctors anyway. If you’re rav It’s not comfortable answering such a question he will guide you to someone who can.
Back to top

amother




Lavender
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:57 pm
The only pushback to getting induced I ever got from my rav is to make sure dr is scheduling for right time and not to early for his convinience.
One of my friends once asked and dr explained could wait 2 more days. But that is the super bowl.

Most drs who service many frum women know they ask. A funny story - my friend dr told her she needs support hose. She asked where to get. He said call the wife of the rabbi you all call about being induce. (Many years ago Mrs Forchheimer was the only place to buy support hose in lkwd)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 3:00 pm
The thing is that my dr didn’t say I have to get induced.
She said medically I can be induced because of how quick my labors are.
It also really works for me due to my trauma from previous labors because of how fast and intense they were plus my SN child can be placed in a safe accommodation if I know when I’m going to have the baby.
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 3:26 pm
There is a Chabad rav in Australia - rabbi yehoram Ulman - who is very well versed in fertility and women issues and is really kind and great to speak to.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Im "following" certain threads I post on, and not getting
by amother
6 Thu, Aug 11 2022, 10:49 pm View last post
Getting evicted
by amother
17 Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:35 pm View last post
Getting rid of groundhogs 7 Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:18 pm View last post
Anxiety-induced nausea... what is there to do?
by amother
7 Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:16 pm View last post
Laptop Charger getting very hot!
by amother
4 Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:39 pm View last post