Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid booster for 15 year old..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 7:59 pm
I live in MD. Looking for a place that will give my 15 year old a booster. we are going to Israel for DS wedding. Is there any place that will give a booster?? Can't seem to sign up online.. any suggestiopns??

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:03 pm
Only 18 and up are currently eligible for booster shots. If you really want one I guess you can try a Frum place that will look the other way? Or maybe once you get to Israel they’ll give it to younger there?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:06 pm
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
Only 18 and up are currently eligible for booster shots. If you really want one I guess you can try a Frum place that will look the other way? Or maybe once you get to Israel they’ll give it to younger there?

He can't get in to Israel without it. I figure If Israel is giving booster to kids it has got to be safe...

I guess some place that looks the other way is what I am looking for unfortunately

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:08 pm
It doesn’t make sense that booster shots would be required for teenagers to travel from US to Israel if they are not yet eligible to get booster shots here. Are you sure that’s the case?

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:13 pm
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:

If it's not given for that age yet I wouldn't look for a dif way to get it. There is obviously a reason it's not given

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He can't get in to Israel without it. I figure If Israel is giving booster to kids it has got to be safe...

I guess some place that looks the other way is what I am looking for unfortunately

Halevai that were the case.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:18 pm
Israel started giving teens vaccinations after America did. December is only 6 months from when teens started becoming eligible for the vaccine to begin with... He's probably only reaching 6 months from the second dose soon, right?
So Israel isn't up to boosters for teens.

(I have a similar dilemma but it's months away and the playing field will probably change a million times by then...)

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:21 pm
Boosters aren't approved yet for that age. I personally would not give my child a booster.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:23 pm
Apparently if you say your child has an health issue then you can get a booster

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 8:29 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Israel started giving teens vaccinations after America did. December is only 6 months from when teens started becoming eligible for the vaccine to begin with... He's probably only reaching 6 months from the second dose soon, right?
So Israel isn't up to boosters for teens.

(I have a similar dilemma but it's months away and the playing field will probably change a million times by then...)

I live in israel and my 15y.o. got the booster this week

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I live in israel and my 15y.o. got the booster this week

Its required????

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:07 pm
It was just approved for 16+ in America, so probably coming soon for younger teens is my guess...

Mistyrose, when was your child's first set of vaccines?

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:15 pm
An organization called chaim vchessed helps people with this kind of thing- paperwork, rules etc for going to Israel

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:57 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It was just approved for 16+ in America, so probably coming soon for younger teens is my guess...

Mistyrose, when was your child's first set of vaccines?

early June
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics