Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Conversation with cardiologist re Covid vax for kids
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:20 pm
Listen to this podcast on Spotify and you may change your mind:
https://open.spotify.com/episo.....b04Qz

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:25 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
**disclaimer-
I’m not here to convince anyone to vaccinate. I’m not giving the Covid vaccine to my kids (at least as of now- unless something drastically changes)
But, it was interesting to hear his perspective and if anyone is being pushed to make a decision I’ll share his thoughts in case this helps anyone (reputable senior pediatric cardiologist).

In short, he explained to me that the myocarditis he’s been seeing with Covid is way worse than the myocarditis he’s seeing with the vaccine. So in other words, he’s not denying the potential side effect, but still preferring that, as it’s less intense and temporary than the Covid virus effect.

Gezinta winter to all!

Was this a pediatric cardiologist?

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:56 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Was this a pediatric cardiologist?

Yes

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 8:09 pm
And I heard the opposite from our Dr.
That's why this whole thing is so confusing.
There literally are opposing views from Drs who have the same titles, and same education level. I use 2 primary doctors, can ask them the same question and get 2 opposite answers regarding the topic of Covid. I honestly don't know what to do.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 8:09 pm
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
Like the data shows, as his cardiologist said, the vaccine lessens the impact of covid on those who get it.

There is scant data showing that the vaccine confers additional protection to someone who has natural immunity.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 8:41 pm
And my daughters cardiologist said as long as she has antibodies and no one is forcing her to take it, let other kids be the guinea pigs.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 8:48 pm
My cardiologist says its fine for someone not to take vaccine of you have antibodies. She herself won't take it until she no longer has antobodies

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:01 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
But does getting the vaccine give an added benefit to the immunity he already has from having had covid? There's no clear data that it does.

There's general science that's worked into vaccines. They're not reinventing the wheel here with vaccines. As a general scientific rule, vaccines & boosters benefit immunity levels, especially in cases where natural immunity is thought to wane.

Since this is the standard norm for vaccines, the way to discount this would be to show clear data that it DOESN'T.

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:03 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
There is scant data showing that the vaccine confers additional protection to someone who has natural immunity.

The problem with this is that natural immunity wanes for a good many people. Unless you're going in to frequently check your antibody level, you don't know when your levels are too low to confer immunity.

PSmommy

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Listen to this podcast on Spotify and you may change your mind:
https://open.spotify.com/episo.....b04Qz

Yes! I just heard it today. So worth it. So much good information and this guy is top notch. He has do much knowledge and experience.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:46 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
The problem with this is that natural immunity wanes for a good many people. Unless you're going in to frequently check your antibody level, you don't know when your levels are too low to confer immunity.

Id rather check monthly than take a medical intervention with risks (and even normal side effects like fever) that I dont need

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:03 pm
PSmommy wrote:
Yes! I just heard it today. So worth it. So much good information and this guy is top notch. He has do much knowledge and experience.

I was thinking of starting a thread just to put this out there, but didn't want any bashing. This was the perfect place to put it Wink

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:13 pm
There's general science that's worked into vaccines. They're not reinventing the wheel here with vaccines. As a general scientific rule, vaccines & boosters benefit immunity levels, especially in cases where natural immunity is thought to wane.

Since this is the standard norm for vaccines, the way to discount this would be to show clear data that it DOESN'T.

Actually, it's not the standard norm for vaccines, it's a complete departure from accepted medical protocol.

We NEVER vaccinate someone for whom there is reason to believe may have immunity.

When measles was going around a few years ago, I went to my pcp for the measles vaccine. Dr. insisted on drawing titers to check whether I still had antibodies from 35 years ago, rather than risk giving me a vaccine that I might not need.

And the measles vaccine has had way more years of safety monitoring than these vaccines, and has an established, excellent safety profile.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:15 pm

My issue is with a doctor who doesn't at least recommend checking antibody and T-cell levels first. This approach flies in the face of all prior medical protocol as related to vaccines.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:42 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
My issue is with a doctor who doesn't at least recommend checking antibody and T-cell levels first. This approach flies in the face of all prior medical protocol as related to vaccines.

That’s why I liked this talk https://jewishpodcasts.fm/jowma/20398 I think she’s very balanced and not pushy and acknowledges the natural immunity for about a year or so.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 10:44 pm
PSmommy wrote:

Who is this guy?

PSmommy

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 7:36 am
Sunny Days wrote:
Who is this guy?

I'm not good at explaining so I won't do this justice. But he is an American cardiologist and wrote hundreds of not thousands of journals.
He was the first person possibly in the world to think of and create a protocol that would treat patients for Covid before they get to the hospital. He treats many patients a day and is very successful. The thing is, America didn't want to accept it for their own reasons, mainly because they wanted to promote the vaccine that would be coming out soon.
He was literally in touch with the white house, CDC, FDA... He was "fighting" with them to help people who just got Covid because once you get to the hospital it's almost too late. He said most of the deaths were preventable, but the government (or whoever is in charge) had a goal to promote the vaccine so they didn't want to treat people early, and they want to create fear...
It's a long podcast, but this man isn't just an average doctor. He has all the knowledge in the world, and he personally knows all the data about Covid that there is.
Of course the media will say he's controversial... But that's because again, they just want to promote vaccines, but he is trying to actually save people with safe medication and keep them out of the hospitals.

Sorry for this long response. I can go on and on but I recommend just listening to the podcast. It's so worth it.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 7:59 am

A study frim Israel said that natural immunity is 13 times stronger than vax immunity and that natural immunity lasts longer than cax immunity.

Vax immunity starts waning immediately and within a few minthsvis cimpletely gone.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 8:39 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:

False.

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 8:57 am
Thanks PS mommy. It looks like a long podcast and didn’t have the time and I also like knowing who I’m getting my info from. The podcast I posted above- I personally know the physician.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics