Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Need help choosing

granolamom

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 10:14 pm
I need help choosing a stroller. I was hoping we were all set, but our (very old) combi is starting to give out.
I already have a jogging stroller for walks, and I wear the baby for short trips in/out of the car. I need something to keep in the car for those times that I find myself at the mall or the park or the zoo, or somewhere I might not want to wear the baby the whole time.
so its got to be small and light, but easy to push (I do oftentimes end up wearing the baby and pushing the 4 yo in the stroller).

what do you very knowlegable women suggest?

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 10:16 pm
I like the Maclaren Volo for quick easy trips and simple folding for storage.

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 10:22 pm
Granola mum u should be banned for Pesach from this site with a name like that LOL
Anyways there are lots to be said about strollers are they u'r main wheels or do u have a car etc?

newmom

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 10:26 am
Tefila, read the post. She explained what she needs it for.
Why do people always respond without reading first?

square_peg

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 10:44 am
Get another combi. Just so easy to get in and out of the car. I have the combi urban (I think)

Maya

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 10:53 am
I'll be getting a small Maclaren now, either the Volo or the Triumph. They're lightweight, easy to push and small. The difference is that the seat of the Volo does not recline, while the Triumph does.

granolamom

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 10:06 pm
so its between the maclaren or another combi, then?

I guess I could just get another combi, I just wish they made them as light as they used to. mine is 7.7 lb, I have to do more research, but I think the lightest now is 11?
and I *do* end up slinging the thing over my shoulder every now and then, so weight matters (how else do you get up all those steps at the kotel???)

is the volo lighter than the triumph? or smaller? or cheaper? why else would they make it with a nonreclining seat?

thanks ladies

ais567

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 4:31 pm
definitely maclaren is the best, best quality and most lightweight!!!!!!

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 4:34 pm
well there are lightweight chiccos which are cheaper than macs. I didn't like the volo, I found it too short. I have a quest. I am 5'8" though & maybe the handle height changed in the past couple of years. volo is the lightest & then the triumph & then the quest. the quest is only 12 lbs tho. inglesina swift is also supposed to be light.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 5:58 pm
I'm really happy with my Chicco. Cost me about $50.00 so far it's been to a zoo, 2 parks, and on some quick walks around brooklyn when we were visiting my parents over the first days of yom tov.

Graco has a new stroller--it's about $80 and I've seen it around--supposed to be an imitation of the maclaren.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 6:01 pm
manhattanmom wrote:
I'm really happy with my Chicco. Cost me about $50.00 so far it's been to a zoo, 2 parks, and on some quick walks around brooklyn when we were visiting my parents over the first days of yom tov.

Graco has a new stroller--it's about $80 and I've seen it around--supposed to be an imitation of the maclaren.

there are 2 graco lightweights- the ipo & the mosaic

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 6:13 pm
I would get another combi. I have one - really old - and I love it. I also need to replace it. Its not just the weight - it takes up hardly any space as well. Plus it has lasted really well - I bought it second hand 9 years ago and have used it a lot. it is still working fine but is really shabby.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 7:19 pm
Raisin wrote:
I would get another combi. I have one - really old - and I love it. I also need to replace it. Its not just the weight - it takes up hardly any space as well. Plus it has lasted really well - I bought it second hand 9 years ago and have used it a lot. it is still working fine but is really shabby.

I heard combi raised the handle height for 2008 models. I'll admit I've never bothered looking at the combis. to me it feels like pushing a doll stroller.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics