Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Root cause of enuresis??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:07 pm
I asked a few weeks ago about Botox for bladder and a few posters advised me to look for the root cause of enuresis instead. Before I go the Botox route what would be the root cause? It’s behavioral enuresis caused by adhd. OT is no help. I looked into pans and pandas but I don’t think that’s what I’m dealing with. Any other ideas??

GiGichai

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:31 pm
U can also look into mold in ur child's room...that can also be a root cause...

amother
Maple

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:36 pm
For my kids when I had their adenoids removed it was overnight magic. Slept without the pull-up and never had another accident.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:41 pm
Mold
Strep
Other infection
Allergy
Irritating food such as citrus, carbonated drinks, could be others but those are common irritants

Eta, like amother above said about adenoids, could also be enlarged tonsils, both of which could be attributed to infections, allergies, oral ties

amother
Vanilla

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:49 pm
Have you considered chronic constipation (possibly impaction)? It can lead to the bladder not emptying properly, which in turn leads to enuresis.

amother
Maple

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:52 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
For my kids when I had their adenoids removed it was overnight magic. Slept without the pull-up and never had another accident.

Forgot to mention. They first had a sleep study which showed a slight case of sleep apnea. Doctor said any level of sleep apnea is unacceptable in children and warrants the adenoid removal. Sleep apnea can also be a cause of enuresis . Even, rarely , in adults . Go to an excellent ENT to explore this if you think it might be the case.

luckymom1

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 9:17 pm
Constipation

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 9:54 pm
We ruled out constipation. Like I said it’s somehow tied to her adhd. I don’t think it’s mold because we’ve moved a few times and nothing has changed. She has enuresis both day and night so could sleep apnea be a cause?

shnitzel

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 9:58 pm
Id put my money on genetics. Most of the kids I know with this issue have a close family member that had the same problem.

Rubies

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:19 pm
Could be anxiety or lack of self-awareness.
Have you tried a set schedule?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:29 pm
No such thing as behavioral enuresis caused by adhd. No kid wants to be wetting themselves. More likely both the adhd and enuresis are being caused my some other factor affecting his nervous system, or more likely a combination of factors. Some possibilities are:

Strep
Lyme
Mold
Parasites
Yeast
Gut dysbiosis
Allergies
Tongue tie
High palate
Enlarged adenoids
Methylation issues
Magnesium deficiency
Thiamine deficiency
B12 deficiency
Neuroinflammation
Retained primitive reflexes
Food dyes
Glutamate
Histamine
Mcas
Poor vagal tone
Gluten and or dairy intolerance
Thyroid dysfunction
Adrenal issues

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:30 pm
shnitzel wrote:
Id put my money on genetics. Most of the kids I know with this issue have a close family member that had the same problem.
There may be a genetic piece but chances are there is an environmental factor playing on the genetics that could be controlled for.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
No such thing as behavioral enuresis caused by adhd. No kid wants to be wetting themselves. More likely both the adhd and enuresis are being caused my some other factor affecting his nervous system, or more likely a combination of factors. Some possibilities are:

Strep
Lyme
Mold
Parasites
Yeast
Gut dysbiosis
Allergies
Tongue tie
High palate
Enlarged adenoids
Methylation issues
Magnesium deficiency
Thiamine deficiency
B12 deficiency
Neuroinflammation
Retained primitive reflexes
Food dyes
Glutamate
Histamine
Mcas
Poor vagal tone
Gluten and or dairy intolerance
Thyroid dysfunction
Adrenal issues
Thanks for typing all that do you have a suggestion of who would help me test for all of it? I’m in Lakewood but will see anyone who works virtually. Can travel if they’re really good.

imamom7

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:35 pm
How do you determine what the issue is?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for typing all that do you have a suggestion of who would help me test for all of it? I’m in Lakewood but will see anyone who works virtually. Can travel if they’re really good.
Before I try to make recommendations I’m curious to know why you don’t think it’s pans or pandas? What does your child’s adhd look like?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:56 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Before I try to make recommendations I’m curious to know why you don’t think it’s pans or pandas? What does your child’s adhd look like?
Inattentive. Not hyperactive at all. Very lost in her own world a lot of the time. Constantly forgets where she’s up to, struggles to start and continue tasks. She doesn’t have a history of strep or other infections which is why I don’t think pandas makes sense.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:58 pm
If you think it's behavioral I have a therapist I spoke to you regarding this exact issue. Her name is devorah Phillip. I didnt use her because I wanted someone local to me that could meet my child but she is in lakewood.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:02 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
If you think it's behavioral I have a therapist I spoke to you regarding this exact issue. Her name is devorah Phillip. I didnt use her because I wanted someone local to me that could meet my child but she is in lakewood.
It’s not only behavioral because she’s worked with a therapist and it hasn’t been helpful at all. Something else is going on. I don’t know what. Super frustrating.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s not only behavioral because she’s worked with a therapist and it hasn’t been helpful at all. Something else is going on. I don’t know what. Super frustrating.

Does she sleep with her mouth open?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 11:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would start by going off dairy and gluten, adding in magnesium, methylated b complex + lipothiamine, getting a look at tonsils, adenoids, tongue tie and palate, doing some craniosacral therapy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics