Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
My autistic son just lays around all day

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 4:02 pm
Anyone else experience this with their child? No repetitive behaviors, stimming or anything like that.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 4:04 pm
My son does this also sometimes. Just for context he's extremely HF more asperges type. He looks like he's always deep in thought. Probably thinking about what a million plus a billion is. Hes 6.

naomi2

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 4:18 pm
He may need help finding ways to occupy his time. Try to get a rotation of family members or a schedule where you can play with him or do an activity with him and build up his bank of play skills. Teach him how to use his toys, one by one. It doesn't have to be 24/7 but maybe 2 activities an evening for 15 or 20 minutes plus supper bath and homework and a bedtime story etc. So you know he is not understimulated. Make a list with him of activities he can do when he is bored.
Also is it possible he's depressed? You didn't Write how old he is so I'm guessing school age
Also if you live n NY you can get a bcba or comhab worker to come to the house and work with him
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)