Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pericarditis following Covid booster
Previous  1  2

oakandfig19

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:32 pm
OP I’m so sorry that sounds so stressful.

People are being alarmists here. He is young and healthy otherwise there’s a good chance it can be reversed.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:41 pm
oakandfig19 wrote:
OP I’m so sorry that sounds so stressful.

People are being alarmists here. He is young and healthy otherwise there’s a good chance it can be reversed.

Yes, there is a good chance it can be reversed... but no question the vaccine caused damage. Although some people will never want to hear that. (btw. I'm vaxxed)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:42 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Op- pericarditis is not mild and does not resolve on its own. Its quite serious. What motivated him to get the booster exactly at age 20? This is so crazy. So many adverse effects being hidden from people.

Thank you for your 'reassurance' and empathy.

Much appreciated (NOT).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:44 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
Oh no... A new covid thread... I'll grab the popcorn.

I would not be getting popcorn if Chalila someone in your family was not well.

But to each their own.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:45 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
Aside from expecting this thread to become very confusing, I wish you peace of mind and your son a refuah shleima.
Just imagine if he had a major case of covid how you would feel as well. It's all in the hands of Hashem. He will have a refuah shleimah and find his bashert soon.

Amein. Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:46 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Refuah shelaima but false. As false as saying "there are no adverse effects to this vaccine". The truth is he is now at increased risk of heart attack for the rest of his life. You deserve to know the truth so you can react accordingly.

Source please?

I am scared enough. Do you feel that this was really necessary?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
Stop taking those vaccines. You are not any better off than the unvaccinated.

My son is an adult and makes his own decisions.

I can only daven and be supportive -- even when I sometimes disagree with some of the decisions he makes.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:49 pm
Frumnurse2021 wrote:
Hi,
I wanted to share my own experience and also want to reassure the mom who is concerned about her son after receiving the booster. I am a young nurse (and therefore had to get vaccinated). I received the first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine, and about 36 hours after began having excessive chest pain, rapid heart rate, and shortness of breath. My doctor, who is an excellent diagnostician, said my symptoms are most likely related to myo/pericarditis; he stated that he is seeing other young patients presenting with these symptoms. I also saw a cardiologist who stated that my symptoms may be an adrenergic (fight or flight) response to the vaccine and not a cardiac issue at all, he even told me I can receive the second dose.
He is not an alarmist and didn't even recommend I see a cardiologist- he recommended I take baby Aspirin for 30 days to prevent any clotting, as well as NSAID's as needed for pain. It took 6 weeks for my symptoms to resolve. BH, I am feeling completely back to myself.
My PCP is not an alarmist on any level, so it kind of scared me when he strongly advised against me getting the second dose.
Even though it may not be 100% detrimental to my health to get another dose, having such a severe reaction to this, or any vaccine, is not a normal immune response- please consult with daas torah and your doctor about vaccinating your young adults, as the risk for a severe reaction from the vaccine may outweigh any benefit the vaccine offers.

I am so sorry you went through this. It must have been so scary and painful.

I am so glad that B"H you are feeling better.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Source please?

I am scared enough. Do you feel that this was really necessary?

She’s wrong don’t worry about it.

oakandfig19

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 9:01 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
Yes, there is a good chance it can be reversed... but no question the vaccine caused damage. Although some people will never want to hear that. (btw. I'm vaxxed)

No one doubted that, including the OP.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 12:36 am
A happy update:
DS saw a cardiologist today, and B"H it was a false alarm! All his tests came back totally normal. B"H NO inflammation of the heart! He must have pulled a muscle. I am relieved and grateful beyond words.
Thank you to all those of you who were supportive and caring.
(And to the woman who was going to get the popcorn as my son was facing a heart condition: I am sorry -- you will have to find your entertainment elsewhere. Also, popcorn can be a choking hazard when used for unintended purposes. You may wish to proceed with caution. words carry meaning.)

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:01 am
BH!!! I’m so happy your son is ok, and now you can breathe a little easier.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics