Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
S/O Guineas records: Being underweight is not a good thing.
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:34 pm
No, I am not "jealous" of your BMI under 18.5, nor should I be. If you're 5"8 and your BMI is in the 90s, that means it's under 15.2! That's not healthy.

Reality

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:45 pm
I stopped reading that thread when posters were handing out awards for the heaviest poster. I couldn't believe how mean and cruel that was.

I'm glad I left when I did. I have no tolerance for encouraging eating disorders.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, I am not "jealous" of your BMI under 18.5, nor should I be. If you're 5"8 and your BMI is in the 90s, that means it's under 15.2! That's not healthy.

Applause Thank you. I can't believe so many posters were jumping in to say how normal and fine it is. It's sad.

kenz

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:52 pm
Reality wrote:
I stopped reading that thread when posters were handing out awards for the heaviest poster. I couldn't believe how mean and cruel that was.

I'm glad I left when I did. I have no tolerance for encouraging eating disorders.

I agree it's tactless but the poster did volunteer the information - it's not like someone nominated her and everyone else started cheering.

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:58 pm
These kinds of things shouldn't be posted on public forum. Sometimes it's an eating disorder, other times it could be hyperthyroidism or another health issue or maybe nothing but in any event it doesn't lead to good things. For anybody.

Reality

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:04 pm
kenz wrote:
I agree it's tactless but the poster did volunteer the information - it's not like someone nominated her and everyone else started cheering.

I can't imagine she didn't regret it. My heart goes out to her.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:06 pm
Reality wrote:

As another poster said, she nominated herself for the award! Sheesh...

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:22 pm
Looks really pro-ana to me those amothers in that thread. However I know of women who are naturally really thin and also underweight, who try to get some fat on them by going to a dietician and doctors. Also don’t forget that some ethnicities are more thin then the others, I know of a non Jewish woman who got a baby with someone who is from Sri Lanka and when she went for check ups the nurses found the baby too thin (he didn’t really looked Asian as a baby) they were afraid this woman didn’t feed her baby well or let him starve cvs… she kept saying her baby was part Asian and then he was put on an asian curve and everything was ok…

Being severely underweight is not a good thing as being severely obese. Too bad I see many many women who are really thin in frum communities I have been in Antwerp and really some women looked really underweight

Reality

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:28 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
As another poster said, she nominated herself for the award! Sheesh...

Don't sheesh me. There's a big difference between someone posting about themselves and then having a bunch of other posters repeating it and handing out trophies.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:29 pm
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
These kinds of things shouldn't be posted on public forum. Sometimes it's an eating disorder, other times it could be hyperthyroidism or another health issue or maybe nothing but in any event it doesn't lead to good things. For anybody.
Amen. Assuming it’s not an eating disorder it’s hard to get help for being underweight. I had doctors accuse me of eating too little and ordering me to eat more fat. A few years later I started gaining weight and they finally figured out I had a thyroid issue. Better to be informed and to insist that you get checked out now and not just brushed off with “oh you’re under eating”

And certainly no one is jealous of your weighing under 100 lb!

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:43 pm
I'm one of the heavy posters who posted on that thread.
It was meant to be a very light thread.
My obesity is such a heavy topic, no pun intended, that it was fun to joke about it in a light way (anonymously, of course).
Am I happy to be so heavy? Of course not.
Am I doing everything I can to lose weight? Of course.
But that's my lot in life (yes, there are factors causing the obesity that are out of my control) and sometimes it feels good to make a light joke about it.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:47 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
My obesity is such a heavy topic, no pun intended, that it was fun to joke about it in a light way (anonymously, of course).
But that's my lot in life (yes, there are factors causing the obesity that are out of my control) and sometimes it feels good to make a light joke about it.

love that healthy attitude! there is so much more to you than your weight

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:55 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
love that healthy attitude! there is so much more to you than your weight

Thank you! Heart

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:59 pm
I'm the OP of that thread. In my original post I didnt ask whose the heaviest or even who has the most kids because I didnt want to offend anyone even by mistake. But so many posters thought of that trophy idea on their own and nominated themselves.. were having fun!
If someone posts that they're 400 pounds am I supposed to respond
No you dont deserve a trophy you need to lose weight
Or am I supposed to ignore them
I'm assuming they're human and just want to be treated like everyone else ...

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:11 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
That’s how I read it, and I admire your attitude. I don’t think any of us should project our feelings around weight on others.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:12 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
I’m assuming we are all human and the aliens have a site of their own

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:13 pm
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
That’s how I read it, and I admire your attitude. I don’t think any of us should project our feelings around weight on others.

Agree hundred percent

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:14 pm
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
I’m assuming we are all human and the aliens have a site of their own

Lol yes!!! Was being sarcastic

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:19 pm
Reality wrote:
Don't sheesh me. There's a big difference between someone posting about themselves and then having a bunch of other posters repeating it and handing out trophies.

They're repeating it and handing out trophies because that was the whole point of the thread!

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:04 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
I'm the OP of that thread. In my original post I didnt ask whose the heaviest or even who has the most kids because I didnt want to offend anyone even by mistake. But so many posters thought of that trophy idea on their own and nominated themselves.. were having fun!
If someone posts that they're 400 pounds am I supposed to respond
No you dont deserve a trophy you need to lose weight
Or am I supposed to ignore them

That thread seemed to be in good spirits. I think you responded well. I don't know why people are taking offense. The info was volunteered so obviously people shared what they were comfortable with. It's ok for people to joke around a bit....life is serious enough.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise