Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Kids under wear do you hand it down?

zigi

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:16 pm
do you save it for the next kid or do you buy completely new?

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:18 pm
I pass it down though I do buy or make something new to go with it like tights a new collar, top, etc so the child doesn't feel like a complelte hand me downer LOL

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:18 pm
If they are in decent condition, then yes, I put them away for the next child.

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:20 pm
mummy-bh wrote:
If they are in decent condition, then yes, I put them away for the next child.

Same here.

zigi

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:21 pm
dh thinks that I shouldn't. I do have to buy some new things for the next in line b/c dc did a good job ruining clothing!

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:22 pm
JMTB, actually, I have a few pairs of underpants on rafi's shelf that I don't remember buying, I think they're yours!!! Wink

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:24 pm
Lol u were referring to underwear oh well shows so much for my reading Rolling Eyes
Anyways no that desperate B"h I aint Exclamation

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:28 pm
mummy-bh wrote:
JMTB, actually, I have a few pairs of underpants on rafi's shelf that I don't remember buying, I think they're yours!!! Wink

Rolling Laughter What make are they? I'am sure we have some of Refi and Mendy's underwear here too lol!!!!!

Going back to the thread zigi if they are a mess then chuck them, luckily underwear is cheapish. I usually keep what I have but if they are stained or are full of wholes then I just chuck them. Also depending on what age they are I found that the kids that have just been potty trained do like to have their own new underwear. It makes them feel "big". So as well as the old stuff I will buy them some new. You can never have enough underwear lol!!!

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:30 pm
No.

I have your underwear. You have Mendy's SOCKS Black Eye Banging head Help

Rolling Laughter

zigi

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:31 pm
that is so true I am always buying more! ew of course not the stained or ripped but clean nice looking ones.

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:33 pm
Sure I gave them all back to you!!!!!! Positive actually. Wink Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Better explain mummy and I are SILs and our boys have sleepovers quite often. After we always seem to find each others sons underwear and socks.

rainbow baby

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:36 pm
zigi wrote:
that is so true I am always buying more! ew of course not the stained or ripped but clean nice looking ones.

Zigi keep them but if dh wants to get new ones then get some new ones and have the old ones for a rainy day. e.g. if they have a sore tummy or you are off colour and feel to ill to do washing, or you are going out and need to take a change, etc... Then they will come in useful. By the way how old are the kids we are talking about?

zigi

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 1:09 pm
the oldest is 4 he has a brother who is 3 years younger. j...m..tb thats a good idea I always wind up ruuning out for ds. he likes to change them a million times,
tefila how many kids can you pass down clothing for? the baby things went through 2 kids also dd wore some of them so 3 kids. but so far ds is really hard on everything things his cuffs are ripping and everything he wears to school becomes stained...

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 1:44 pm
zigi wrote:
how many kids can you pass down clothing for?.
depends how worn the item is, and how desparate you are!

My twins have several items that have been worn by all 6 of my other kids!

raizy

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:09 pm
if it clean then I pass it down. bye my forth boy kid I got most of his stuff new how many boys can u go through without getting new stuff.

now my dd stuff. I dont keep I only have one dd and if I have anther dd next I would like to have everything new. o.k. I kept one or two good stuff but everything else I chucked. gave away.

mugsisme

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 12:03 pm
I sort of feel like underwear should be bought new. JMHO.

I pass down tights, pjs, etc. But underwear I chuck.

louche

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 1:37 pm
There was no point not to. they share a room, a dresser and a closet and probably a lot of other things I don't want to know about. they grab whatever comes to hand, so they wind up wearing each other's undies anyway.

Until I had kids I'd have said "eeeew, never!" But after you've mixed up their toothbrushes a few times you get a different perspective on things.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 1:39 pm
I am not up to this point yet. dd #2 is nowhere near up to underwear (and at 14 months- I'm not even interested in thinking about it)

shopaholic

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 9:43 am
Quote:
sort of feel like underwear should be bought new. JMHO.

I pass down tights, pjs, etc. But underwear I chuck.

Same here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics