Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
When saying many chapters of Tehillim

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:20 am
I have noticed that when I have many chapters of Tehillim to recite, I do not exactly say word by word. I will skim the chapters quickly and say the Tehillim words in my mind. I am not saying the words out loud, but in my head I see them and say them in my mind. Is this completely wrong? If I am not rushed I will say the words aloud.

Hidden

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:50 am
The most important part of תפילה is דבור - that's what makes the words a reality.
While you can always daven to Hashem in your mind, you will need to say the words of Tehillim in order for them to "work".
Just like you can't make a bracha to yourself in your mind, tefilla needs to be actually spoken out

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:50 am
Thank you for your reply.

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:02 pm
OP, you are so normal!! That's why I don't like joining these tehillim groups. The amount assigned is too much to actually concentrate and say. I much prefer saying a few kapitlach and actually be able to say every word. Why don't you try that instead?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed