Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which carseat for the Bug Cameleon

amother

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:40 am
For those of you with the Cameleon, which car seat do you recommend? I really liked the maxi cosi but I read a review saying that the peg perego was awful because of the bugaboo adapters and that it's better to get the graco carseat. The peg perego adaptors are very similar to the maxi cosi, so it made me rethink my decision.

So I wanted to know from the women here who have this stroller, which carseat did you go with and why? Was it difficult to use with the cameleon frame?

And please, only helpful comments from people who know about this stroller - I'm not posting this to get into a discussion about the cost, wether the stroller is worth it, etc. Thanks!!

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:46 am
amother wrote:
For those of you with the Cameleon, which car seat do you recommend? I really liked the maxi cosi but I read a review saying that the peg perego was awful because of the bugaboo adapters and that it's better to get the graco carseat. The peg perego adaptors are very similar to the maxi cosi, so it made me rethink my decision.

So I wanted to know from the women here who have this stroller, which carseat did you go with and why? Was it difficult to use with the cameleon frame?

And please, only helpful comments from people who know about this stroller - I'm not posting this to get into a discussion about the cost, wether the stroller is worth it, etc. Thanks!!

I have a graco snugride & enjoyed using it with this stroller. I will add the disclaimer that my baby was born in March 07 with all that consumer report original crash tests (before they were revised) that had everyone running for snugrides. the graco was backordered everywhere & perego wasn't looking so hot at the time. maxi cosi did not arrive in the us until august or september & while it looked nice, I wasn't going to ditch a perfectly safe carseat for an as of yet unproven hype (just b/c it was high rated in europe I mean- we got a totally different seat). I haven't seen any ratings on the maxi cosi at all yet. I wouldn't want to buy it unless I saw crash test results (although admittedly it looks really cool)

shoy18

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:47 am
I have the maxi cosi, I got it because graco just keeps getting recalled and I didn't want to have to worry about it. the peg perego is much heavier than the rest so it ruled itself out, the adapters I find are easier than the graco one which is a huge piece, rather than two separate small pieces that you can just throw in the under basket of the stroller.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:49 am
shoy18 wrote:
I have the maxi cosi, I got it because graco just keeps getting recalled and I didn't want to have to worry about it. the peg perego is much heavier than the rest so it ruled itself out, the adapters I find are easier than the graco one which is a huge piece, rather than two separate small pieces that you can just throw in the under basket of the stroller.

the recent graco got recalled b/c of the seat pad- not because of the car seat. it was easily fixed. the graco adapter is big- but I found it easy to attach. why do you keep it in the stroller? I either attach it to the stroller when the car seat is on or I leave it in the car for the next time I go out.

amother

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:53 am
When you test the stroller in the store, are you able to try it with the different adaptors so you can figure out with car seat you want?

I was interested in the maxi cosi because it was the lightest, but the graco is still at least lighter than the peg perego I think.

I'm still early in my pregnancy so I feel a little awkward walking into a store until closer to my due date so I haven't been yet.

shoy18

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:54 am
chaylizi wrote:
shoy18 wrote:

the recent graco got recalled b/c of the seat pad- not because of the car seat. it was easily fixed. the graco adapter is big- but I found it easy to attach. why do you keep it in the stroller? I either attach it to the stroller when the car seat is on or I leave it in the car for the next time I go out.

whether its the pad or the seat, either way it was recalled for being unsafe, why bother with it. I keep them in the bag because I take the stroller inside with the carseat and sometimes I use the stroller seat and leave the car seat in the house, if I left the pieces in the car Id have to shlep the stroller and the car seat separately.

shoy18

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:56 am
also, maxi cosi has awesome customer service, my hood wasn't working properly and they sent me a whole new car seat, no hassle just a few short questions and info and certain parts of the old seat they wanted and it was done.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:59 am
shoy18 wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
shoy18 wrote:

whether its the pad or the seat, either way it was recalled for being unsafe, why bother with it. I keep them in the bag because I take the stroller inside with the carseat and sometimes I use the stroller seat and leave the car seat in the house, if I left the pieces in the car Id have to shlep the stroller and the car seat separately.

I'm sorry that is very simplistic of you. 1000's of products are recalled every year. do you throw out everything you have b/c it has been recalled or do you get the retro fit kit. not everyone has the luxury of throwing out a brand new car seat. they aren't disposable.

shoy18

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 8:02 am
chaylizi wrote:
shoy18 wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
shoy18 wrote:

I'm sorry that is very simplistic of you. 1000's of products are recalled every year. do you throw out everything you have b/c it has been recalled or do you get the retro fit kit. not everyone has the luxury of throwing out a brand new car seat. they aren't disposable.

why would you throw it out once you bought it? of course get it fixed but when purchasing new why by a brand that constantly gets recalled?

same with the toys made in china, I simply dont buy toys made in china why worry about it when u can avoid it, but am I chucking every toy Ialready have.. no

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 8:06 am
shoy18 wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
shoy18 wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
shoy18 wrote:

why would you throw it out once you bought it? of course get it fixed but when purchasing new why by a brand that constantly gets recalled?

same with the toys made in china, I simply dont buy toys made in china why worry about it when u can avoid it, but am I chucking every toy Ialready have.. no

I love my graco- until a new brand is proven it is suspect. I want to see a crash report before I buy a new carseat. it's like a new seminary- no one wants to go the first year. they want to watch & see.
most of us have become pretty careful with our toys lately. the oppenheim toy portfolio refused to publish for this year- b/c they didn't want to be endorsing anything that would later be recalled. I guess I can't blame them.

shoy18

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 8:13 am
maxi cosi is not a new brand, its European and only came to America recently.

Im not here to argue, I was just simply staying why chose what I did, thats what the op asked for. I don't view buying a graco as a crime or anything so don't worry Smile

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 8:19 am
shoy18 wrote:

Im not here to argue, I was just simply staying why chose what I did, thats what the op asked for. I don't view buying a graco as a crime or anything so don't worry Smile

that's fine. btw the american car seat is not the same as the european one. it had to be a different model b/c european & us standards are very different. it is also illegal to use a car seat in the us that isn't manufactured for the us standards. I've used it in europe though- it's nice.

shoy18

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 8:22 am
chaylizi wrote:
shoy18 wrote:

that's fine. btw the american car seat is not the same as the european one. it had to be a different model b/c european & us standards are very different. it is also illegal to use a car seat in the us that isn't manufactured for the us standards. I've used it in europe though- it's nice.

yes I know that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics