Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
LinkedIn Ladies & Men
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 9:34 pm
I am on LI for work and I sometimes cringe from the ladies and men interacting/ commenting on eo posts.
As a yeshivish lady how do you handle using LI properly to generate contacts but not going out and commenting in that free (dare I say flirty) way.

If you disagree with my sensitivity no problem! Please do not knock it I am asking opinions and advise from imas who share this sensitivity.

TYIA

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 9:58 pm
I try not to kibbitz.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:10 pm
The line between commenting liking & kibbitzing is very grey no?

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:13 pm
I'm on LinkedIn and all of the people that I interact with are very professional. I have not come across what you describe, but I'm sure it's dependent on the field.

Last edited by cnc on Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:18 pm
I go through my husband's LinkedIn account and it's all very professional.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:20 pm
In my feed all the time. And don't start with the ladies posting pictures of themselves fully made up.....
That's not the point though, I'm not looking to do that I'm talking regular commenting liking

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:31 pm
We clearly have different connections and feeds. Smile

The men I interact with are all respectful. As a 'thing' for myself, I make it a point to always tag men by their full names - @Moshe Stern - while ladies I will delete their last names - @Goldy.

I actually have men in my feed who go so far as to delete the first name and replace it with Mrs. - Mrs. @Berkowitz.

(I also have a policy of never liking any posts with words I wouldn't say in public. So even if it's a great post and a great message, if they wrote any inappropriate words, I ignore it. I also don't like posts with not tznius pictures, because I know that I have frum men in my feed, and I don't want them seeing something like that because of me.)

But I mean it about the connections. And if someone's posts are bothering your sensitivities, that's totally your right. And you can block their posts so you don't need to see what they're posting.

STovah

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:37 pm
I’m more bothered by the videos posted , I just unfollow/block updates from the offenders.

1ofbillions

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In my feed all the time. And don't start with the ladies posting pictures of themselves fully made up.....
That's not the point though, I'm not looking to do that I'm talking regular commenting liking

Lol do you want women to only post their faces when they’re not wearing makeup? Or do you believe in the erasure of women’s faces completely?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:44 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

The men I interact with are all respectful. As a 'thing' for myself, I make it a point to always tag men by their full names - @Moshe Stern - while ladies I will delete their last names - @Goldy.

I actually have men in my feed who go so far as to delete the first name and replace it with Mrs. - Mrs. @Berkowitz.

(I also have a policy of never liking any posts with words I wouldn't say in public. So even if it's a great post and a great message, if they wrote any inappropriate words, I ignore it. I also don't like posts with not tznius pictures, because I know that I have frum men in my feed, and I don't want them seeing something like that because of me.)

But I mean it about the connections. And if someone's posts are bothering your sensitivities, that's totally your right. And you can block their posts so you don't need to see what they're posting.

Thank you great tips I appreciate it

Einikel

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:47 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

I agree with all of these points.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 10:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Agreed, totally cringe. These ladies posts basically scream " Look at me!" And the commenting and interacting back n forth is gross. Even if it's all done "respectfully".

Signed,

Someone who has worked closely with (frum) men and regrets it deeply.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 11:13 pm
I work in non Jewish company with men and women

I’m often shocked by the kibbitzing and banter between genders within the comments onLI. It’s respectful but I have a hard time believing they speak to the opposite frum gender this way in real life.

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 11:33 pm
You can't control what others do. Keep your own interactions professional and set a good tone.

I've only seen LI used for professional, job-related communications. Sounds like your office can use another platform for more day-to-day chat-chat. Perhaps Slack?

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Feb 04 2022, 6:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The line between commenting liking & kibbitzing is very grey no?

You can press like. I'll even support. But I won't love a man's post.

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Feb 04 2022, 6:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There's a lot of discussion, not on LI, about using pictures or not. A lot of women will do caricatures.
But fully made up? Maybe that's up for interpretation. I think the ones I've seen are basically made up but yeah, of course looking good. Just like they would at a business meeting, nothing more.

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Feb 04 2022, 7:37 am
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
I go through my husband's LinkedIn account and it's all very professional.

Why be on LinkedIn if you don't have your own account and you aren't networking for career purposes? Not judging, just curious.

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Feb 04 2022, 7:45 am
I'm on LinkedIn just to have a presence for my career and for networking, but relatively new to it. Honestly, I felt very uncomfortable adding men, especially men in my community, as connections but it seems it's a normal thing. I've never spent time looking at feeds and commenting. Is this just for fun or is there a purpose to being more active on LinkedIn?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Feb 04 2022, 7:46 am
I generally just see people's profiles on LI, so today I looked at my home page feed to see the conversations. A lot of job announcements (employment anniversaries, new jobs, promotions) and other professional announcements about events and organizations, interspersed with a few "inspirational" messages. People with photographs have professional head-shots - yes, with makeup - appropriate for business. There is no off-topic conversation. I don't see a problem.

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Feb 04 2022, 7:48 am
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:
Why be on LinkedIn if you don't have your own account and you aren't networking for career purposes? Not judging, just curious.

I go through it on his phone for interest and entertainment sake. He likes to show me posts.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics