Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Just one shabbat

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 7:10 am
what does everyone think here?

does this mean that every single jew has to keep one shabbat with feeling and ferver or just to keep it so that we can have moshiach come?

I was thinking about this before. what if it was the later? then we could each invite over not frum relatives and friends for a shabbat and they will then by default by being in a frum persons home keep shabbat. they might not have the spirit of shabbat in them, but they will be keeping it. what do you think? is that what one shabbat means?

HooRYou

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 8:12 am
I have also thought about this. In kind of an amusing way I put a bunch of random information together in my head and came up with this:

So what we need to do is to organize through evey Jewish organization possible (and some covert ones that will find the non-affiliated, non-praciticing Jews as well) and offer practically free weekend trips to vacation type tropical islands (many people would not want to travel to Israel) amd pre-rig the hotel so it would be nearly impossible to break Shabbos in most ways, (electricity, carrying etc). I don't know if we could anything about nail biting, borer, etc. and you wouldn't if you had your relatives over either.

As I said that this amuses me to plan. Also, I am not sure what would happen if we tried to "force" the Geula this way. There are stories of other failed attempts to do so.

Seraph

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 8:50 am
I heard it has to be everyone keeping it at once, not everyone keeping it at some point in their life.

gryp

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 9:15 am
It's all Jews keeping Shabbos at the same time.

Btw, there is an organization that plans Shabbatons and invites all Jewish people to be a part of keeping Shabbos. I hear their ads from time to time on WCBS.

Quote:
then we could each invite over not frum relatives and friends for a shabbat and they will then by default by being in a frum persons home keep shabbat.

you got the right idea. Wink

found this:
http://www.oneshabbatoneworld.......html
Looks like it's run by Chabad, actually. I wasn't sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics