Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Polio Vaccine for the Unvaccinated
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Mommy1:)

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:01 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
We could all have polio without knowing.
Polio could also be regular cold symptoms.
Tiny minute percentage possibility of getting paralyzed.

Ppl in past had more reactions of the vax than disease alone.

No polio vax for my kids!

my grandmother aleha Hashalom lived through the polio epidemic. Her mother locked her in the apartment or on the roof top and covered her with raw garlic so the kids would all stay away from her. She was so lonely and had no friends. But she lived. And she wasn't sick. She would talk about how it went through the schools, the neighborhood, the shul, the building. Everyone got sick. So many paralyzed for life. Many young children and even adults died. It was so heartbreaking. Even years later, wedding pictures had childhood polio survivors with braces or in wheelchairs or sitting down for family photos because they were not mobile, and more stories of those who didn't make it or didn't have weddings of their own, and others who struggled in every aspect of life because they were paralyzed or were caring for a paralyzed family member. And other long term side effects (not everyone ended up in an iron lung but there were often long term impacts from this illness...

Senseless tragedy when people get polio today. especially when there is a safe and effective vaccine available.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:14 pm
You know, when people were dismissing COVID as no big deal and a minor cold for the majority of people, I argued that polio is also a mild virus for the majority of people. Except, you know, for the people who died or were paralyzed for life from it. And sure enough, here are people resuscitating that very same argument...

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:33 pm
Jeanette wrote:
You know, when people were dismissing COVID as no big deal and a minor cold for the majority of people, I argued that polio is also a mild virus for the majority of people. Except, you know, for the people who died or were paralyzed for life from it. And sure enough, here are people resuscitating that very same argument...
There is plenty of research as to what makes someone at risk for adverse events from Covid. Not so for polio. They want you believing anyone can drop dead. The way we believed it about Covid at the beginning, before we had data. Which is exactly my point. Polio has been around for sooo long, the only reason we don’t understand it better is because of the false security of vaccines. To be clear, I think polio vaccines are more effective than Covid vaccines, but the safety profile of all vaccines currently on the market leaves plenty to be desired.

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:23 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
There is plenty of research as to what makes someone at risk for adverse events from Covid. Not so for polio. They want you believing anyone can drop dead. The way we believed it about Covid at the beginning, before we had data. Which is exactly my point. Polio has been around for sooo long, the only reason we don’t understand it better is because of the false security of vaccines. To be clear, I think polio vaccines are more effective than Covid vaccines, but the safety profile of all vaccines currently on the market leaves plenty to be desired.

As opposed to the safety profile of all the viruses? Also, most vaccines are not profitable at all (except for new diseases like COVID).

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:28 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
What is your contingency plan?

Most doctors will tell you there is no cure or treatment for polio or measles.

I don't have any young children, but knowing what I know now,

I am not worried about measles - it is a relatively minor childhood disease.

If there was a polio outbreak in my area, I would vaccinate for polio.

And There ARE natural treatments for polio, measles and other viruses, including:

Polio and Prevention: High doses of Vitamin C, Magnesium, Vitamin B, nebulized saline

Measles and Prevention: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Turmeric, nebulized saline

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:30 pm
Cannot compare “Covid vax” multiple times and polio vax which is truly effective B”H against much higher risks for kids.
Risk benefit ratio
Conflating the two makes people not want to vax for polio 😭

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:36 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
Why should they make that assumption? They aren’t forcing anyone to vaccinate. They make risk assessments based on the current facts on the ground, not theoretical realities.

And no, clearly not everyone is at risk, because 95% of cases are asymptomatic and 5% present with cold or flu symptoms. We just don’t know who is at risk because that research isn’t being done. Clearly there is some factor or a group of factors that in certain individuals allow the virus to access the nervous system, even though for most people their immune system is able to clear it just fine.

Of course pharma isn’t interested in pursuing this line of research, because it’s a lot more profitable for them to vaccinate the entire world population and keep promoting the narrative that vaccines are risk free. That’s why I said it’s a pipe dream.

So you would like them to spend millions or billions of dollars in researching something that might not have an answer but is not a real risk to people since polio was eradicated in the USA (and is only back due to people not vaccinating) and if everyone fully vaccinated NO ONE will get paralysis from polio. Instead of focusing that research money on fighting cancer, muscular dystrophy, orphan diseases, or other diseases that have no vaccine and no cure (and often no treatment to help) that KILL kids and adults every year.
Priorities. Banging head

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:46 pm
Jeanette wrote:

This is when I became confident about vaccinating my kids for polio measles etc.

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:47 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:

The polio vaccine is not a false security.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:49 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
The polio vaccine is not a false security.

False security - this is ridiculous.

Polio vaccine provides lifetime protection against getting polio.

What is false about the secure feeling one gets knowing that you or your family won't die or be paralyzed?

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:43 am
You guys are all missing the point.

It’s not a false hope because it doesn’t work. It’s a false hope because it comes with a price. And because you don’t even know if you would have been at risk to begin with. Not every body is at risk.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could have ways of protecting those at risk from paralysis without simultaneously risking the health of the rest of the population? This doesn’t have to cost millions and billions of dollars.

Vaccines aren’t the answer if our pursuit is increased health.

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:47 am
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
You guys are all missing the point.

It’s not a false hope because it doesn’t work. It’s a false hope because it comes with a price. And because you don’t even know if you would have been at risk to begin with. Not every body is at risk.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could have ways of protecting those at risk from paralysis without simultaneously risking the health of the rest of the population? This doesn’t have to cost millions and billions of dollars.

Vaccines aren’t the answer if our pursuit is increased health.

We do! It's called the Polio vaccine!!!!!

God, even if we found some way of preventing polio that wasn't a vaccine, you antivaxxers would make up things against it too, because it will be pushed by the medical establishment.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:53 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:

We do! It's called the Polio vaccine!!!!!

God, even if we found some way of preventing polio that wasn't a vaccine, you antivaxxers would make up things against it too, because it will be pushed by the medical establishment.
Vaccines come with risks. They are designed to hyper stimulate the immune system. They contain unsafe levels of aluminum which the body has a very hard time getting rid of. I am not opposed to pharmaceuticals with good safety profiles. And again, if we can precision point who is at risk, we can precision treat. 95% of people with polio have ZERO symptoms. 5% present with flu like symptoms. It’s only about 1/500 that experience paralysis, and not all of that is permanent. Wouldn’t it be nice to know why?? What is that factor that makes something so benign in most of the population such a huge risk in a small percent? And why do we believe that hyper stimulating the immune system of the entire world population using heavy metal adjuvants is the answer forever? Maybe it’s the best we had 70 years ago, and it saved many people from paralysis. But why can’t we move on from there ? We know better now. And we also realize that we can’t keep adding vaccines for every pathogen out there.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:57 am
The medical establishment destroyed their credibility with pushing covid vaccines that don't work, and are dangerous, supporting lockouts and masks that don't work.

And by parroting BS like "a man can get pregnant "

Medical establishment are just government shills.

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:29 am
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
Vaccines come with risks. They are designed to hyper stimulate the immune system. They contain unsafe levels of aluminum which the body has a very hard time getting rid of. I am not opposed to pharmaceuticals with good safety profiles. And again, if we can precision point who is at risk, we can precision treat. 95% of people with polio have ZERO symptoms. 5% present with flu like symptoms. It’s only about 1/500 that experience paralysis, and not all of that is permanent. Wouldn’t it be nice to know why?? What is that factor that makes something so benign in most of the population such a huge risk in a small percent? And why do we believe that hyper stimulating the immune system of the entire world population using heavy metal adjuvants is the answer forever? Maybe it’s the best we had 70 years ago, and it saved many people from paralysis. But why can’t we move on from there ? We know better now. And we also realize that we can’t keep adding vaccines for every pathogen out there.

Fun fact: aluminum is present in the food you eat as well. The risk of polio (that 1/500 number) far outweighs any risk from aluminum.

Here's a great article by a doctor that goes into the actual risks:

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/arti.....cines

Of course, he's probably a big pharma shill.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:51 am
amother [ Birch ] wrote:

I’m on the fence about vaccines, and wish that I would be able to selectively vaccinate. Vaccines come with risks, but so do many of the diseases they prevent. As someone else said, vaccines do not contain more aluminum than many of the foods we eat. The polio vaccine DOES have a good record. Until there is a way to determine who is more at risk, the vaccine is the best option at protecting EVERYONE. You make it seems as if new, mandatory vaccines are constantly being added to the US vaccine schedule, but that’s not really the case.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:59 am
#BestBubby wrote:
The medical establishment destroyed their credibility with pushing covid vaccines that don't work, and are dangerous, supporting lockouts and masks that don't work.

And by parroting BS like "a man can get pregnant "

Medical establishment are just government shills.

Give me a break. Big Pharma and doctors aren't claiming men can get pregnant. They just don't want to be sued. It's politicians and biased media that are making stupid anti-science claims.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:16 pm
My grandmother outlived all of her peers who got polio, however, she still died prematurely, and needed a wheelchair most her life from getting polio.

*ETA - None of them were vaccinated.

Last edited by MrsDash on Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:16 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’m on the fence about vaccines, and wish that I would be able to selectively vaccinate. Vaccines come with risks, but so do many of the diseases they prevent. As someone else said, vaccines do not contain more aluminum than many of the foods we eat. The polio vaccine DOES have a good record. Until there is a way to determine who is more at risk, the vaccine is the best option at protecting EVERYONE. You make it seems as if new, mandatory vaccines are constantly being added to the US vaccine schedule, but that’s not really the case.

new vaccines are constantly being added to the schedule. Please google cdc vaccine schedule 2022 and compare it to 10 years ago, then 20 years ago, and then 40.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:23 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Give me a break. Big Pharma and doctors aren't claiming men can get pregnant. They just don't want to be sued. It's politicians and biased media that are making stupid anti-science claims.

They JUST don't want to be sued? The medical establishment is unable to speak FREELY!

They also JUST don't want to lose their medical license for spreading "misinformation" I.e. the Truth,
About vaccines.

In such an environment, people can no longer trust the Medical Establishment.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics