Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Good Inside- Dr. Becky
1  2  Next

StrongMomma

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 9:59 pm
Is anyone here part of the Good Inside community?
I haven’t encountered too many identifiably frum people there, so I was wondering if anyone here is on there and what you think of Dr. Becky and her mindset.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 10:12 pm
I'm thinking of joining but haven't made up my mind yet... I listen to her podcasts. How is the membership so far?

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 10:29 pm
I’m a fan just listened to her latest episode now. Have not joined her platform yet, thinking about it. How is it?

Anon bc I talk about her all day IRL

StrongMomma

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 10:31 pm
great, I’m really enjoying it.
I’ve already watched 2 of the workshops, so that’s for sure worth the amount I paid for 3 months’ membership. I’m already seeing progress in my daughter’s sleep BH.

I’m finding the community extremely helpful, open and non-judgmental.
There’s a lot of content; it’s really impossible to consume everything in there, so you’ll figure out how you’ll best benefit.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 10:32 pm
Thanks strongmomma for the feedback. Sounds good!!

StrongMomma

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 10:38 pm
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:

Anon bc I talk about her all day IRL

Seems there are a few of us lol, you won’t be so easily spotted.

StrongMomma

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 10:39 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Thanks strongmomma for the feedback. Sounds good!!

Np, see you inside!

smss

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 10:49 pm
I've followed her on IG for a while already, read her newsletters, listen to any podcast episodes that sound relevant/interesting to me and have bought a couple of her courses. I really like her approach! Have been thinking about signing up for the new platform but didn't do it yet... maybe in a month or two when expenses go more back to normal Wink

StrongMomma

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 11:16 pm
smss wrote:
I've followed her on IG for a while already, read her newsletters, listen to any podcast episodes that sound relevant/interesting to me and have bought a couple of her courses. I really like her approach! Have been thinking about signing up for the new platform but didn't do it yet... maybe in a month or two when expenses go more back to normal Wink

Sounds right, I had the same thought to wait, but it lasted just a couple of days lol.

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 12:29 am
I listen to her podcast on my way to work. I'll take any content from her that's free. Not so sure about paying membership. I'm a bit eclectic in my parenting approach and I'll take good ideas whatever I find them. The problem with identifying too much with one particular parenting style is that it can become rigid and you want to parent your kids like Dr Becky (or whoever) when really the goal is to parent like YOU.

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 12:44 am
I've been following her since she joined IG and before she blew up Smile I follow tons of parenting pages (I am one too) and she does have some unique tricks and also her perspective is great. I think the people who idolize her just haven't been exposed to more parenting content. There are so many very good parenting pages and professionals.
(Sorry doesn't answer your first question, just my perspective on her)

DustyDiamonds

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 12:52 am
mushkamothers wrote:
I've been following her since she joined IG and before she blew up Smile I follow tons of parenting pages (I am one too) and she does have some unique tricks and also her perspective is great. I think the people who idolize her just haven't been exposed to more parenting content. There are so many very good parenting pages and professionals.

Just curious if you remember how her account blew up? I just heard her say on a podcast that she only started this during Covid!

I would join her membership in a heartbeat, it’s really a bargain, except that I have SO MANY books and programs that I’m in middle of! If her membership would be a private Spotify Chanel, I’d sign right up! But having another website to log into is too much of a headache for me currently. Maybe I’ll change my mind.

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 8:28 am
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
I listen to her podcast on my way to work. I'll take any content from her that's free. Not so sure about paying membership. I'm a bit eclectic in my parenting approach and I'll take good ideas whatever I find them. The problem with identifying too much with one particular parenting style is that it can become rigid and you want to parent your kids like Dr Becky (or whoever) when really the goal is to parent like YOU.

I hear you, this resonates with me.
I actually am very interested in the psychology and understanding, and I’m a little bit of a geek that way.
So it’s important to listen and read with an open mind, and toss whatever doesn’t sit well with you.
Personally, most of what she says does work for me, although I’ve had a few times when I felt differently as a frum person.

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 8:31 am
mushkamothers wrote:

Np, I’m happy to hear what you think (I was waiting for you to pop in here lol.)
I’ve checked out your page but I’m not on IG regularly so I don’t get to hear much from you. Do you have a website or newsletter?

Also, I’d love to hear about other like minded professionals, if you can share.

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 8:33 am
DustyDiamonds wrote:
Just curious if you remember how her account blew up? I just heard her say on a podcast that she only started this during Covid!

I would join her membership in a heartbeat, it’s really a bargain, except that I have SO MANY books and programs that I’m in middle of! If her membership would be a private Spotify Chanel, I’d sign right up! But having another website to log into is too much of a headache for me currently. Maybe I’ll change my mind.

I think Covid is what made her so well know. She was very accessible and grounding, and she was featured a few times in the news.

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 9:48 am
StrongMomma wrote:
Np, I’m happy to hear what you think (I was waiting for you to pop in here lol.)
I’ve checked out your page but I’m not on IG regularly so I don’t get to hear much from you. Do you have a website or newsletter?

Also, I’d love to hear about other like minded professionals, if you can share.

A ton of people started their accounts in covid, I did too as a hobby. I watched so many of them take off especially those that started with a strategy (I didn't) like Biglittlefeelings that now has a few million followers, I never followed them but I found them at literally 100 followers.

2 years ago the best way for growth was posts being reshared and now it's reels. She had really good shareable posts, they were widely spread, then the news oppportunies happened.

I'm glad she's reaching a big audience bc it's definitely needed. There are also so many other accounts that are golden so its just funny to me to see people on this site quote just Dr Becky and biglittlefeelings... there's a whole world out there.

Dr Becky is especially good for slightly older children not just the preschool age so I think that's also why so many people are drawn to it.

Depending on what exactly you're looking for... ourmamavillage. Seed.and.sew. thrivinglittles. Theempoweredfamily. Babiesandbrains. Consciousmommy. The.conscious.healing.mama. sternasuissa.

I'm working on an improved site (it's mymotheringmindset.com) and a podcast... I just made a whatsapp group finally bc I keep getting asked. It's here https://chat.whatsapp.com/GcEB.....5WMQJ
And if you sign up for email then you'll get a newsletter if/when I start it eventually, hoping for after pesach

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 9:57 am
I listen to her podcast and really enjoy it. As with not things it's not perfect and needs some adjusting. I do not have IG. I'm not sure what the purpose of the membership is.
My parenting struggles are more about me being in an ok place and being consistent. Finding new ideas and more new ideas isnt where the magic is. Baby steps that are consistent and fine tuned as my own is more valuable.
I personally find her approach so pleasant I enjoy listening to her. Not sure I would hire her to teach me how to parent per se.

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Apr 14 2022, 3:47 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
A ton of people started their accounts in covid, I did too as a hobby. I watched so many of them take off especially those that started with a strategy (I didn't) like Biglittlefeelings that now has a few million followers, I never followed them but I found them at literally 100 followers.

2 years ago the best way for growth was posts being reshared and now it's reels. She had really good shareable posts, they were widely spread, then the news oppportunies happened.

I'm glad she's reaching a big audience bc it's definitely needed. There are also so many other accounts that are golden so its just funny to me to see people on this site quote just Dr Becky and biglittlefeelings... there's a whole world out there.

Dr Becky is especially good for slightly older children not just the preschool age so I think that's also why so many people are drawn to it.

Depending on what exactly you're looking for... ourmamavillage. Seed.and.sew. thrivinglittles. Theempoweredfamily. Babiesandbrains. Consciousmommy. The.conscious.healing.mama. sternasuissa.

I'm working on an improved site (it's mymotheringmindset.com) and a podcast... I just made a whatsapp group finally bc I keep getting asked. It's here https://chat.whatsapp.com/GcEB.....5WMQJ
And if you sign up for email then you'll get a newsletter if/when I start it eventually, hoping for after pesach

Thanks for sharing those resources.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:53 am
Can’t decide if I should join.
I listen to her podcasts - sometimes. I’ve listened to about 4 so far. I like them, but I’m not always in the mood.
Is it worth joining when I still have so much free content I could listen to?

On the other hand, her workshop about sleep and anxious children look good.

Are the workshops just like the podcasts?

Thoughts?

StrongMomma

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:22 am
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
Can’t decide if I should join.
I listen to her podcasts - sometimes. I’ve listened to about 4 so far. I like them, but I’m not always in the mood.
Is it worth joining when I still have so much free content I could listen to?

On the other hand, her workshop about sleep and anxious children look good.

Are the workshops just like the podcasts?

Thoughts?

It really depends on what you’re looking for.
Like you said, there are a lot of free resources that have a lot of really great content.

The workshops are a much fuller overview on a topic, with “big ideas” and strategies, and usually an accompanying workbook.
I personally have so far taken the potty training workshop, the sleep one, and I’ve started the anxiety one and I’ve found them all very enlightening (in terms of the big ideas) and very actionable. I see direct and measure-able results from those, so to me that’s already worth what I paid. (Something like $28, I think.)

But if you don’t specifically need those, then yes, there’s a lot to gain from just the podcasts and newsletters (I screenshot them all the time, there’s really a lot in each one.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics