Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Are you turned over yet?
1  2  Next

Are you turned over yet?
Yes, did it all last night  
 65%  [ 89 ]
Yes, did it last night and this morning  
 18%  [ 25 ]
Yes, did it this morning  
 2%  [ 3 ]
No, not yet, I was home but too tired last night or this morning  
 9%  [ 13 ]
no, not yet, we were away  
 3%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 135

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:55 am
Are you turned over yet?

Eta - meant there to be another option - no, not yet, we were away

added option -mod

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:57 am
Nope
Not planning on turning over until tomorrow when the cleaning lady comes
No one is interested in doing it
Also I have a lot of leftovers they can eat

Only adults at home

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:00 am
Nope. Did a lot of it but soooo much stuff has to be washed and DRIED before putting it away. I hate the drying dishes part. Still looking for a solution! (Towel drying takes forever and uses a zillion towels. Air drying takes even longer and uses all available surface space.)

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:03 am
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Nope. Did a lot of it but soooo much stuff has to be washed and DRIED before putting it away. I hate the drying dishes part. Still looking for a solution! (Towel drying takes forever and uses a zillion towels. Air drying takes even longer and uses all available surface space.)

I use paper towels. I also put some pots on the burner for a minute to evaporate the water and let it cool down completely before putting away.
I voted that I finished last night, but left the counter covers on for my husband to take off and put away this morning. We have very minimal stuff and no real dishes.

Last edited by Simple1 on Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total

paperflowers

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:05 am
Other. I got home late last night and have been procrastinating/going slowly today. In the meantime we have pesach leftovers.

amother
White

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:10 am
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:

I used nice plastic disposables this year, was such a vacation for me. I still had a mountain of dishes, but it was manageable. I wash with very hot water, it dries quite fast.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:21 am
All the Pesach stuff is is back in the Pesach pantry — a 4-ft wide closet conveniently positioned in our breakfast room. We turned over last night I but am still looking for a few chometz things that I hid too well.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you turned over yet?

Eta - meant there to be another option - no, not yet, we were away

I voted the last one, but it’s not entirely true. I did a LOT last night, but unfortunately I didn’t get much help from my husband or kids, so it took much longer than it should have and I’m still not done. I’m still in bed because everyone else is sleeping, so why should I work my butt of when they don’t? If they want a not pesach-dik kitchen where they can eat whatever they want, they can help.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:27 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I used nice plastic disposables this year, was such a vacation for me. I still had a mountain of dishes, but it was manageable. I wash with very hot water, it dries quite fast.

I wanted to use disposable for the second days, but my husband hates using plastic.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:38 am
We mostly put away the Pesach stuff last night. We left a few things out to air dry properly. We took out the chometz essentials but many of the things we stashed away we'll only take out again when we need them.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:51 am
We splurged on fancy disposables this year. Best investment ever.

All foods that needed machinery or big things (hand mixed/food processor/extra large pots) I cooked before yom tov, cleaned and put away in their boxes before yom tov. Except the above counter oven. That I lined the shelf with silver foil before putting in only closed disposable pans. Wasn't perfectly pristine but will be good enough this year.

So yesterday I was left with mostly serving utensils, table decor and lots of white pesach laundry, like sink condoms (as my husband jokingly calls them) chair and couch covers, white stuff from seder.... and dish towels.
And counter covers.

Hubby took off the counter covers, (it's drying in his office, where kids have no access) and carrying the heavy stuff up/ down. I just washed the dishes, dried, put it all into one big container. Then now I need to finish folding the laundry, I like ironing the napkins so they are ready for next year.

Took about an hour.
We were home for all of yom tov, no guest, a family of 5 so not that much work.
We were very very very organized. Bh husband was able and willing to help.
Yom tov was very simple this year as I'm 9 months pregnant bh.
And beautiful.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:00 am
I did almost everything. Just need put away the boxes

heidi

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:00 am
BH were all done 2 hours after chag ended. Everyone pitched in

tweety1

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:10 am
I have a pesach kitchen does that count? Don't think so, so I won't vote.

Reality

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:26 am
We mostly finished last night. I put the last things away this morning. I voted the 2nd option but I see that other people like me voted the 1st option.

hodeez

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:31 am
Working on it now almost done!

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:48 am
Last night I washed the dishes and my dd dried them. the other kids took everything else onto the dining room table. This morning we ate in the kitchen. No more eating in the lounge till the peasch stuff are away.bh I have a door to the dining room.

Now, by most of my dishes regular kitchen is put away. It's just all the little things that's annoying

pause

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:49 am
Pesach was out and put away last night, but everything that was lined with disposable lining, like silver foil and shelf paper was left for this morning. Now it's done and we need to re-organize Chometz stuff in the cabinets.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:52 am
We finished turning over last night but we still have some shelves that are covered and didn't rearrange our chometz things yet. Not sure which option to choose.

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 12:09 pm
Tzutzie wrote:

So yesterday I was left with lots of... condoms

Yom tov was very simple this year as I'm 9 months pregnant bh.

And that explains the pregnancy!

(B'shaa tova🙂)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics