Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 38  39  40  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:37 pm
He is a solid older guy. He never abused anyone. She abused her partner and admitted to hitting him. She is just very mean.

lamplighter

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:05 am
I've been watching the trial.
I don't find him charasmatic. I have only been following the facts. So far it seems pretty clear that she is a liar and gaslighting. I don't think he's perfect at all but in this case, he lost everything because he was male. If he wins this case, it won't prove that he is a good guy, it will be a win for male victims of domestic abuse.
I look forward to watching the defense.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:47 am
Well said lamplighter.
Yes.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 6:37 am
Dr Shannon Curry diagnosing Heard with BPD and histrionic personality disorder rings true.
The fascination is seeing a charming dangerous manipulator unmasked. While Depp is no angel or model of health Heard's deception and false claims of domestic abuse undermine legitimate victims of domestic violence. It is scary how someone can fool others and get away with criminal behavior R"L. At least for a while. Reassuring that there are still means of getting at the truth B"H.

These broader societal implications are what keeps me interested. Like what is the ACLU doing penning Heard's fake domestic abuse claims in sync with her film opening?

Truth coming out indeed.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 6:48 am
So I wasn't watching the trial until I open this thread and people said that Johnny Depp said some really funny things throughout the trial. So I watched some clips from the trial and they were quite entertaining so thank you for the recommendation.

I haven't read through the entire thread but something that I haven't seen mentioned is that in some of the recording that Amber's team brings as evidence you can hear it how hysterical she is and how calm Johnny is throughout a lot of the recordings. I find it very interesting.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 6:59 am
Good point.
And thanks to CA no fault divorce law and her negotiations/threats of extortion to go public with accusations documented which seemingly she did anyway, she walked off with about
$14 million after a marriage of about a year :0
side note for me in the scheme of things but interesting to know thats how the law works in that state

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:09 am
I think its also interesting to me because originally I dismissed it as the usual "it takes two to fight" and they are just ongoing litigating for the sake of fighting; whereas now it has taken on a feeling of good for him for being willing to expose all this dirt which sure doesn't make him look good either in order to right a wrong. Her false allegations amplified by the ACLU and media served to get him fired and blacklisted from work as well as personally smeared.
Good for him for fighting back.
Its chilling to me and reminiscent of other abuse stories R"L when she is heard threatening him that were he to go public about whats going on no one would believe him.
Classic predator intimidation threat.
Glad to see it disproven. Hope it strikes fear in the hearts of any predators out there.
Tzedek Tzedek Tirdof

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:03 am
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
Good point.
And thanks to CA no fault divorce law and her negotiations/threats of extortion to go public with accusations documented which seemingly she did anyway, she walked off with about
$14 million after a marriage of about a year :0
side note for me in the scheme of things but interesting to know thats how the law works in that state

It was more then $14 million bec he was responsible for all taxes on the money also.

Most of the money went to pay off her debts.
The rest she promised to charities. They get very little of it in the end.

The recordings of

No one will believe you bec you are Johnny Depp
No one will believe you bec you are male
Look what you made me do
I didn’t punch you only slapped you

All sound really bad

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:46 am
It’s interesting that many posters are more inclined to believe a man than a woman.

Genius

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:53 am
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
It’s interesting that many posters are more inclined to believe a man than a woman.

I didn’t watch any of it, but from reading this thread it sounds like people are basing their opinions on evidence presented in court. It doesn’t sound like a “he said, she said” situation where such an evil inclination would be protest worthy.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 6:42 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
So I wasn't watching the trial until I open this thread and people said that Johnny Depp said some really funny things throughout the trial. So I watched some clips from the trial and they were quite entertaining so thank you for the recommendation.

I haven't read through the entire thread but something that I haven't seen mentioned is that in some of the recording that Amber's team brings as evidence you can hear it how hysterical she is and how calm Johnny is throughout a lot of the recordings. I find it very interesting.

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 18 2022, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 7:23 pm
Genius wrote:
I didn’t watch any of it, but from reading this thread it sounds like people are basing their opinions on evidence presented in court. It doesn’t sound like a “he said, she said” situation where such an evil inclination would be protest worthy.

It’s exactly he said she said.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 7:36 pm
As a rule, it's a dangerous thing when the public decides, as a mob, who is the guilty party. The way this case has taken the world by storm and started a "men can be victims of abuse too" movement is ringing alarm bells in my head.

Depp was not a healthy person or a good partner, let's not kid ourselves. And despite (and, dare I say, because of) the fact that he has charmed so many people with his wit and calm demeanor in court, he displays some characteristics of a narcissistic and/ or abuser. So I'm not comfortable with the way that Heard is being painted as a raging psycho b-tch and Depp as a poor, beaten man.

Let's remember that Depp is a rich, famous and good-looking guy with lots of status. This doesn't mean it is impossible for him to have been abused. It just makes it less likely.

I also don't like the way people are using Heard's personality disorder as "proof" that she was abusive. A large percentage of the population has personality disorders and are not abusive. And when people are abused, they can sometimes become hysterical, unreasonable, and even violent. So I'm not sure how much those recordings prove.

I guess we have to wait and hope that justice prevails and the right party is found guilty. But let's not go along with mob mentality over here.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 7:42 pm
Its not about believing a man or a woman.
Its about facts putting together a history and a picture.
Lets see how the verdict plays out.
Hopefully the truth comes out in all its nuanced shades.

The mob mentality was when he got cancelled based on her op Ed in the newspaper claiming she was abused.

number

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:05 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Couldn't she have been evaluated by an independent party? Why be evaluated by someone who met with Depp before?
That psychologist was hired by Depp. Heard hired her own psychologist who diagnosed Heard with PTSD and said she doesn’t have cluster B disorders. Apparently having a neutral party evaluate her isn’t really a thing.

number

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:09 pm
Genius wrote:
This. All the neutral witnesses (the cops who responded to 911 calls, the doorman, the nurses, etc) testified that they didn’t see any sign of Heard being abused. Heard’s side’s argument is that she was just really good at makeup. They also keep talking about Heard using “amica cream” but they apparently mean arnica cream. Bottom line, Depp has actual evidence while Heard so far just seems to have makeup on her side.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:23 pm
number wrote:
This. All the neutral witnesses (the cops who responded to 911 calls, the doorman, the nurses, etc) testified that they didn’t see any sign of Heard being abused. Heard’s side’s argument is that she was just really good at makeup. They also keep talking about Heard using “amica cream” but they apparently mean arnica cream. Bottom line, Depp has actual evidence while Heard so far just seems to have makeup on her side.

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 18 2022, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:09 pm
Makeup on her side that the company itself came out and declared hadn’t been existed until after her marriage was over rather than during her marriage when she claimed to use it

number

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:41 pm
Rubies wrote:
What evidence does Depp have? Were there neutral witnesses testifying with evidence?

Is there such a thing as a neutral witness?
Heard’s friend called 911 twice because Heard claimed Depp was abusing her. 2 separate pairs of cops responded and saw 0 proof of abuse. Those cops are neutral witnesses because neither Heard nor Depp hired them.

Other neutral witnesses included the representative from the ACLU who dealt with Heard’s donations and her editorial (he testified that Heard didn’t donate most of what she had pledged, and that she helped write the editorial and signed off on it) and Heard’s nurse (I only watched part of her testimony but she never witnessed Heard being abused, and did witness Heard taking illegal substances, and if I remember correctly I think she saw Heard attack Depp? Not sure about that)

As for Depp’s evidence he has witnesses that saw Heard throw things at him, saw injuries on Depp, saw no injuries on Heard, saw Depp try to run away when Heard started fighting and Heard chasing after him to keep the fight going. A lot of Depp’s witnesses are on his payroll, or have worked for him in the past, but they are all under oath and they come across as sincere.

You can watch the entire trial online if you’re so inclined, the entire thing is taped.

Oh they also played audio clips, one where Heard is saying that she didn’t punch Depp but she hit him, another where she’s yelling at him for hiding in the bathroom when she wants to discuss things because he’s a baby, and yet another where she says he should try telling the world that he’s abused and to see if anyone believes him (that clip was pretty mind blowing)

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:59 pm
number wrote:
Heard’s friend called 911 twice because Heard claimed Depp was abusing her. 2 separate pairs of cops responded and saw 0 proof of abuse. Those cops are neutral witnesses because neither Heard nor Depp hired them.

Other neutral witnesses included the representative from the ACLU who dealt with Heard’s donations and her editorial (he testified that Heard didn’t donate most of what she had pledged, and that she helped write the editorial and signed off on it) and Heard’s nurse (I only watched part of her testimony but she never witnessed Heard being abused, and did witness Heard taking illegal substances, and if I remember correctly I think she saw Heard attack Depp? Not sure about that)

As for Depp’s evidence he has witnesses that saw Heard throw things at him, saw injuries on Depp, saw no injuries on Heard, saw Depp try to run away when Heard started fighting and Heard chasing after him to keep the fight going. A lot of Depp’s witnesses are on his payroll, or have worked for him in the past, but they are all under oath and they come across as sincere.

You can watch the entire trial online if you’re so inclined, the entire thing is taped.

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 18 2022, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 4 of 40   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 38  39  40  Next Recent Topics