Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Have you heard of a situation that looked bad but was good
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:46 am
Let me give an example.

When my daughter got engaged I really wasn't happy. I felt the Chosson would not fit in with our family. I know he had good Middos but his clothing was modern and he had friends who wanted to fit in with the latest trends. I was very distressed about this and didn't want the two of them to marry each other but my daughter was happy with him so I put my feelings aside.

Forward many years later and I was so so wrong. Her husband has turned out to be a real gem and a fine man who learns regularly, is an incredibly good father. I could not have asked for a more perfect daughter and son-in-law.

So this story had a wonderful ending.

Over to you for Chizzuk stories.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:26 am
Yes

I was disappointed when a guy I was dating them rejected me because of my family. Fast forward a bunch of years turn he married and he became one of those famous get refusers

Meanwhile I met and married dh who bH is extremely kind to me and a true mentsch
(Btw my dh also dresses more modernly than my family in some ways but has been my true soul mate, taking such care of me and putting so much work into making our marriage a good one. He’s so mature.)

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:30 am
My husband lost his 1st job in his field after only working there for 3 months. Another company wanted someone with 2 years experience, but after meeting my husband (with less experience) hired him. A better salary and great place to learn and grow in his career.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:48 am
My husband lost his job very suddenly and was out of work. He got a much better job in a slightly different field that he had been trying to switch to for years.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:51 am
amother OP wrote:
Let me give an example.

When my daughter got engaged I really wasn't happy. I felt the Chosson would not fit in with our family. I know he had good Middos but his clothing was modern and he had friends who wanted to fit in with the latest trends. I was very distressed about this and didn't want the two of them to marry each other but my daughter was happy with him so I put my feelings aside.

Forward many years later and I was so so wrong. Her husband has turned out to be a real gem and a fine man who learns regularly, is an incredibly good father. I could not have asked for a more perfect daughter and son-in-law.

So this story had a wonderful ending.

Over to you for Chizzuk stories.

Can I ask, if at the time you were not a fan, why did you approve his resume and the shidduch?
(Or did they meet on their own?)

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:53 am
My former boss let me go right after my baby was born. I was devastated then, which normal person just fires someone PP with no warning especially after I worked there for years and gave my all to his company?
Fast forward a few months and I landed another great job that's a lot more family friendly. I was too much of a coward to leave my old job that really wasn't geared toward women with a family to care for so Hashem orchestrated it for me!

Last edited by Goody2shoes on Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:57 am
I got a bad medical test result that made it appear that our baby was very sick. Turns out there was a typo and bh our baby is healthy!

oneofakind

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:58 am
Was outbidded for a house so I ended up renting, getting to know many more people in the new city and then bought.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:02 pm
I was dumped by the first boy I dated which of course is so devastating and hurtful in the moment (I was also 19 lol)
in hindsight I shudder to think that almost married him (nothing specifically wrong. but just with hindsight and maturity I realize he was so wrong for me!) and then would have lost out on DH who is the most incredible person.. and my in laws who I love!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:06 pm
There was a promotion that I was confident about getting because I basically created that job. The position was given to my coworker that I had trained in. It stung.
I ended up being offered a freelance job that I was only had time to do because I didn't get that promotion.

The freelance job has led to many more opportunities than the promotion would have, and I love what I do.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:55 pm
I got pregnant again 3 months post partum. I wasn't devastated since I knew it could happen, but wasn't too happy either. (Long story, but basically I was on BC, but went off it because it wasn't working for me and decided to rely on nursing which obviously didn't work)

Fast forward 4 years later when COVID hit. By then my babies were 4 and 5 years old. They played so nicely and kept eachother so busy. It was actually a very nice time for our family. I thanked Hashem every day. He obviously knew what He was doing.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:32 pm
Goody2shoes wrote:
My former boss let me go right after my baby was born. I was devastated then, which normal person just fires someone PP with no warning especially after I worked there for years and gave my all to his company?
Fast forward a few months and I landed another great job that's a lot more family friendly. I was too much of a coward to leave my old job that really wasn't geared toward women with a family to care for so Hashem orchestrated it for me!

Are you me? Lol.

Had the exact same scenario. Mine also goes back a few years where I had originally planned (love how we plan our lives lol) a different career path for myself.

Now, with the direction life has taken me, I am able to be more flexible for my family. I would probably have been too invested in my career to be able to cut down. I am a very driven person, but now I was able to channel that energy into my family.

And it gave my DH the opportunity to pursue his career (he couldn’t have done it had I been too busy) and he can grow farther (being the male in the house), giving me even more flexibility.

Sometimes, we see clearly how it all works out to our benefit. But, not always. We need to remember these times so we can trust that even if we do not see it, there is Someone that sees the full picture.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:39 pm
amother midnight,

I wasn't a fan of this young man but the first meeting really didn't get off to a good start but it still continued so I felt I couldn't discourage my daughter and she felt so good with the Shidduch that I put my feelings aside.

My son-in-law cares so so much for his family and for everyone in the Kehilla

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:41 pm
I cried over so many house I wanted to buy that fell thru and then ended up I my house which I originally wasn’t even going to look at because a little out of it , bH ended up on nicest block( people moved in after ) can’t imagine myself in any other house those block are such a diff crowd I thank HaShem all the time for all those No’S that fell thru

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:43 pm
My son didn't get into the school we initially wanted to send him to and I remember crying from the rejection.

It would've been such a bad fit for him and for our family.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:52 pm
Dh was laid off. He went on to open his own business & is much happier bh. He would never have taken the initiative to do that while getting a steady paycheck. The beginning was very very very hard. Bh things are getting easier.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 2:00 pm
This is my favorite thread I've ever read on imamother! Thanks so much for sharing such amazing hashgacha stories!

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 2:05 pm
Kudos to all the women on the thread because I’m sure I have such stories too though I can’t think of one now- it’s all in the perspective.
I need to shift my mindset.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 2:11 pm
Another job story. I was working at a job for a few years and was told that they were cutting back and my job would be switched from full-time to part time at an hourly rate instead of a salary. My overall pay would be cut to about 1/2 of what I was making but I would only be working a few hours less. A short term position came up in another similar company and I decided to take it even though it was a leave replacement for only a few months. It's been 15 years and I am still at the "temporary" job BH which has a higher salary and better benefits than my original job.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 2:36 pm
two with the same house. our mortgage broker made a mistake and did variable mortgage instead of fixed and we ended up saving a lot of money that way. initially we were so upset at him.

when it came time to sell the house the buyer was stringing us along for a while. in the end he decided he can't afford it and we were livid at how he can do such a thing. in the end we ended up selling the house for a few hundred thousand more...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics