Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3  38  39  40

number

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 5:04 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
That's actually not good for the witness. It undermines their credibility to speak like that and actually can weaken their testimony.

That's the thing with court--the lawyers can speak however they want, but if the witnesses lose decorum, it's their words that are evidence. When lawyers push buttons and get snarky responses, it's on purpose.
This is a jury trial, so it depends on the jury whether they see it that way. People sitting in the courtroom think the jury is fed up with that lawyer and is happy when she gets shown her place a little bit.

But you’re right that it can go both ways.

number

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 5:06 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Not talking about TMZm
Talking about the witness they had last.

They are working on this case for a few years already.
It is very telling that from the few witnesses that say Amber was violent, they bring someone they hadn't yet had lined up before, and her major story is that Amber pulled off someone's necklace while she was drunk.

It just adds to the comical part that she literally only contacted them with her major story the night before.

(And what's her big story. We all know that it isn't very hard to tear a necklace just with a little tug.
People do become more touchy when they are drunk. It doesn't mean Amber was violent.
I'm reminded of the time I tugged at a girls shoulder to get her attention and pulled along her bra strap by mistake. From this story no one better use it against me as s-xual assult. I was mortified.)

But we already knew that story happened. They just didn’t have a witness to testify about it for the jury. It’s not like it’s a brand new story that she made up out of thin air.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 5:10 pm
number wrote:
This is a jury trial, so it depends on the jury whether they see it that way. People sitting in the courtroom think the jury is fed up with that lawyer and is happy when she gets shown her place a little bit.

But you’re right that it can go both ways.

If the jurors are trying to explain their positions or try to achieve consensus, the will rely on attempting to objectively discuss evidence, according to the rules they've been presented etc.

typically, when jurors are seated, the questioning process has assessed they will objectively judge the evidence according to the rules etc. Now, people are human and bring what they bring, but I would expect the lawyers took into account having objective rule follower types on the jury.

Also, it leaves things open for appeal when objectively things can be argued about the evidence presented vs. the claims vs. the determination.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:07 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
He said they would shove each other around.
In many families that’s acceptable form of playfully wrestling during sibling rivalry.
If he claims she was physically abusive toward her sister, than yes I would expect him to say that she would beat her up. Not some normal amount of shoving around.

They are trying to prove he was physically abusive with others other than him. Bringing Whitney as proof while he says nothing to prove that is useless to their case.

When Whitney moved in with them she was already broken up from her boyfriend.
In any case it is odd to talk so favorably on a sil over a wife.

Ex-wife. Remember that?

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:32 pm
number wrote:
I think she was just less prepared. She obviously spent a very long time prepping for the Heard cross which is why she was able to do such a good job.

These 2 were crucial witnesses and she could've been more prepared.

She couldn't find the right words to ask to not getting objected

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:49 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Interesting how depps confidence changed from the last time he was on the stand.

He looks worn off and tired fighting to keep his eyes open.

Mr rottenborn did a great job during the cross examination

Imagine sitting in a chair in a courtroom while someone tells the world you ‘*’d them w a bottle, hit them again and again and so on…

It’s exhausting, I tried it. In multiple settings. Having my abuser state one horrible lie after another about me.

I appreciate that you are aware of how exhausted he looks.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:54 pm
number wrote:
Yes I believe him. What’s stopping his wife from picking up his phone and sending a few texts?

If she can say ‘I hit u I didn’t punch you ….no one will blv you…’ then yes number is 180% correct.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:58 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Imagine sitting in a chair in a courtroom while someone tells the world you ‘*’d them w a bottle, hit them again and again and so on…

It’s exhausting, I tried it. In multiple settings. Having my abuser state one horrible lie after another about me.

I appreciate that you are aware of how exhausted he looks.

I didn't ask for your appreciation

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:05 pm
Speaking of lying.
Do you truly believe that the explicit text messages on depps phone wasn't sent by him??
He was a coward while being cross examined

Maybe it was. Maybe it wasnt.

I don't think that's even Depp's biggest fan is under the impression that he's a malach. He's a Hollywood star who's slept around like all of them, had transactionalized relations and women, like of them, and has been married and divorced a bunch of times like all of them. This "locker room talk" isn't a shock.

Plus he's admitted to (and we've seen a boatload of evidence showing) being drugged out of his mind half the time.

Bottom line, while it was ugly, it comes down to whether it was ugly enough to sway the favor against him.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:06 pm
Some posters on this thread claiming there spouse abused them. Got me thinking, if they weren't the one abusing there spouse. 🤔

The signs are out there. Post after post.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:10 pm
I didn't ask for your appreciation

I didn’t give it. I stated it.

Again. Much appreciate that you recognize how abuse breaks down a human being.

amother
Dill

amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Some posters on this thread claiming there spouse abused them. Got me thinking, if they weren't the one abusing there spouse. 🤔

Omg. Same thought going on in my head right about now.

NotInNJMommy

I wouldn’t take this route if I were you. It’s pretty cruel.

Oh also, “their” not “there”.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:14 pm

And you are one of the posters who I was referring to who wouldn't believe my side had my I gone to court with my ex even I have backing from prominent doctors and psychiatrists

And yes,depp definitely had an influence on the cruelty of your post towards victims of abuse

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:14 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
It’s possible to like someone a lot as a friend and not romantically or s-xually. And still value their advice and companionship.

This. It sounded like he sincerely loved Whitney as a sister in law. And while his relationship with amber was stormy and abusive, he felt love and care for her, like a little sister. That sounds pretty normal to me. Avuncular or parental love is calm, the love between spouses potentially is much more fiery with ups and downs.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:22 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
Omg. Same thought going on in my head right about now.

And now it's being reported, lol

Clear sign

weasley

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:22 pm
This thread has turned really nasty

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:25 pm
Stating the obvious.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:25 pm
I hope the thread doesn't get closed. I'm obsessed with the trial and enjoy reading other people's impressions.

After 40 pages I think this thread can close. You can start a new one when there is new information to discuss
Page 40 of 40   Previous  1  2  3  38  39  40 Recent Topics