Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Natural sunscreen
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:43 pm
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
There are a number of clean mineral sunscreens. Wellness mama has a good list with reviews. But honestly the best sunscreens are the ones you eat to protect your cells from free radical damage, because the sun is so important and it’s a shame to block it all out.

clean mineral sunscreen has zinc oxide in it.

can you list top foods that protect from free radical damage?

the sun is very important. dont we get some benefits being out in the sun even with sunscreen?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:44 pm
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
Carrot seed oil is specifically supposed to have a decent SPF factor.

being a oil wont it burn?

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:47 pm
You get your body used to the sun slowly, every day a little more and you won't sunburn.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:47 pm
Is this the same OP who was asking about more nourishing foods? Yogurt vs labneh, whether Parmesan was a more nutritious cheese?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
clean mineral sunscreen has zinc oxide in it.

the sun is very important. dont we get some benefits being out in the sun even with sunscreen?

Zinc oxide isn't a bad ingredient at all, according to my knowledge. Also, sunscreen needs to be reapplied every 1-2 hrs. It's not something you apply in the morning and lasts for the day. If you're out in the sun, you should reapply.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
being a oil wont it burn?

Many online claims say it has an SPF of about 40. It is often combined with zinc to make natural homemade sunscreens. I've never tried it personally but if you just want it as anti aging, I think it could work. I dont think I'd use it for a day at the beach. For that you need zinc or the chemical based ones

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:53 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
You get your body used to the sun slowly, every day a little more and you won't sunburn.

Many like protection for anti-aging. The sun causes sun spots and accelerates aging

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:53 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Zinc oxide isn't a bad ingredient at all, according to my knowledge. Also, sunscreen needs to be reapplied every 1-2 hrs. It's not something you apply in the morning and lasts for the day. If you're out in the sun, you should reapply.

its not , I know, but a professional recently told me it actually destroys uva protection.

go figure.

miami85

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think there's only so much that's humanly possible. My father-in-law was doing everything possible to reduce free radical damage because he lost several relatives to cancer. He passed away from cancer earlier this year--despite all his salad eating, green tea-drinking, eating dark chocoloate etc. he got one of the least treatable and most deadly cancers

I have another relative who was also super cautious about radiation, and ended up getting 3 different cancers.

Ultimately Hashem runs the world.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:57 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:

You may not burn, but you are not protected from yhe sun's uv rays that can cause skin cancer.

MummyT

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 2:58 pm
Ive been using this one for years, https://shopnow.foreverliving......CREEN
for the whole family! Its great, not had any issues..and lasts quite long on. One is officialy supposed to reapply every 2-3 hrs anyway but this one is waterproof and as an added bonus it moisturises the skin too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 3:03 pm
MummyT wrote:
for the whole family! Its great, not had any issues..and lasts quite long on. One is officialy supposed to reapply every 2-3 hrs anyway but this one is waterproof and as an added bonus it moisturises the skin too.

thanks for posting.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 3:58 pm
MummyT wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodiake-Forever-Living-Products-Sunscreen/dp/B000T3ANSW

seemed to have changed the formula. reviews are no good.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 4:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodiake-Forever-Living-Products-Sunscreen/dp/B000T3ANSW

Are you willing to use zinc or not? If you are, look up badger sunscreen. Its super clean.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 4:26 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Is this the same OP who was asking about more nourishing foods? Yogurt vs labneh, whether Parmesan was a more nutritious cheese?

I would imagine so.

Can you list top foods is a red flag.

MummyT

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The one I use (see above link) doesnt look the same as yours and the reviews are all very positive!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 5:01 pm
MummyT wrote:
The one I use (see above link) doesnt look the same as yours and the reviews are all very positive!

yes I can see. those reviews are good. I wonder which product I will receive. will contact them.

thanks.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 5:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yes I can see. those reviews are good. I wonder which product I will receive. will contact them.

thanks.

The reason I know so much about it is also because I sell natural health products (these & others) from home. If you want to, (no pressure at all!) purchase it from my link - its my online shop and ill send you this really good one...where are you based btw?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 5:09 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
The reason I know so much about it is also because I sell natural health products (these & others) from home. If you want to, (no pressure at all!) purchase it from my link - its my online shop and ill send you this really good one...where are you based btw?

oh so you know about the new formula?

if I click on this link I am going to receive the old formula?

MummyT

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 5:12 pm
Yes I am almost 100% certain you will. But where do you live - UK US? For what its worth ive never actually seen this other one in real!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise