Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Texas Shooting
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

GiGichai

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:03 am
We need to get the frum shadchans to do background checks on all people getting guns. Lol. They would find out EVERYTHING.
Unstable children and adults will exist forever and it is extremely difficult to make sure that all get the help they need.
There needs to be a better way to prevent those people from accessing a gun.

pause

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:04 am
GiGichai wrote:
Why do we have so many guns? It's horrible!
I'm firmly republican but enough is enough! Noone who is 18 needed a gun to defend themselves! And absolutely NOONE besides the army should be allowed legally to own a machine gun!
I dont know the solution but NRA has alot to answer for (apparently they are raising millions of dollars right now for texas...sounds like guilt money to me)

Me too.

I agree with most Republican stances but I strongly disagree on gun control and abortion. Why do 32% of Americans own guns? When was the last time Israel had a mass shooting? With all the terrorist attacks, there are less than 10% of civilians there who own guns. It's time for better screening for potential gun owners (including mental health issues being off limits for gun ownership), limited sales of guns nationwide per year, and a mandatory renewal of gun license every few years.

freilich

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:08 am
exaustedmom wrote:
"Friends said he was a quiet kid who was bullied and had become increasingly unstable and violent as he got older, purchasing two rifles for his 18th birthday earlier this month - one of which was found in the school"

How does this happen??

How can an 18 year old be sold "2" rifles at once. There must be better ways to uphold the constitution.
It should not be black or white.

exaustedmom

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 6:20 am
freilich wrote:
How does this happen??

How can an 18 year old be sold "2" rifles at once. There must be better ways to uphold the constitution.
It should not be black or white.

Reading another article about him, I was floored to read that there were a million red flags about this monster. He was extremely mentally unstable. How did no one pick up on this?

BokerTov

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:07 am
imachild wrote:
don't schools have security guards?

Do all our schools, yeshivos, and shuls have armed guards?
Not where I live.
What are we doing to prevent this from happening again?

Mindfully

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:15 am
1. His grandmother is still alive.

2. I am just so grateful that he wasn't another white supremist like the guy in Buffalo. If he were, the Jews would be a target and the blacks would have more reason to hate whites, feel inferior and G-do forbid, riot.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:49 am
I’m totally indifferent to school shootings in America it happens too often. But I can’t expect more of a country where u can buy guns at Walmart and every nut head can get them… I can’t by law even walk with a big knife if I have no reason for it but u can carry an automatic weapon in the USA just for fun… I will certainly not visit the south where every bloke thinks they achieved something like heb they carry a gun.

sushilover

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 8:48 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I’m totally indifferent to school shootings in America it happens too often. But I can’t expect more of a country where u can buy guns at Walmart and every nut head can get them… I can’t by law even walk with a big knife if I have no reason for it but u can carry an automatic weapon in the USA just for fun… I will certainly not visit the south where every bloke thinks they achieved something like heb they carry a gun.

Wow. So many lies you have been fed. I'm sorry.
1) Mass killings happen in Europe too. Basically at the same rate per capita as America.
2) Even when Walmart did sell guns, buyers were required to pass a background check and waiting period.
3) There are literally thousands of gun laws supported by the NRA and gun owners. (they are often not enforced. We have been screaming about this for years. But the left just wants to blame the right and make even more laws and then, I guess, not enforce them either.)
4) Automatics are basically banned in the US.

gold21

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:33 am
Raisin wrote:
The shooter bought the gun legally the minute he turned 18. Crying

Does not seem racially motivated, both shooter and victims (those whose names have been released) names sound Latino in origin. (and the town is decribed as mostly Latino) Just another random mass shooting on a regular tuesday in the USA, where guns and money are worth more than 8 year olds.

Very similar to Sandy Hook - in this case he shot his grandmother before the school.

OK. As I understand it, the minimum age for a gun license in Texas is 21. It seems that a license is required to purchase a handgun but not to purchase a rifle? Anyone who can clarify?

I actually DO support increased restrictions on gun ownership. I believe I posted about this in the past when the subject came up. But not until we seal our southern border. The countries from which most illegal migrants are coming have crazy high rates of gun crimes. The stats on these countries are insane. El Salvador, for example, has the highest rates of gun crime in the WORLD, followed closely by Honduras, Guatemala, Venezuela, and other South American countries. If we restrict access to legal guns, then the majority of people with guns will be those who obtained them illegally via the border. Not a good idea.

gold21

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:37 am
Next question- where was the school security? Same question about Sandy Hook. No security?

gold21

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:40 am
And finally, take a look at stats on knife crimes in countries with low gun crime, such as the U.K. While knives are less likely to be used to carry out mass murder, because they are not as fast-acting, the glaring lack of security at the schools that sustained mass murder attacks cannot be ignored in light of the possibility of attacks by other weapons.

How do parents send children to schools with no security personnel?

Take a look at rising knife crime stats in the U.K. Its crazy.

fmt4

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:42 am
Mindfully wrote:
1. His grandmother is still alive.

2. I am just so grateful that he wasn't another white supremist like the guy in Buffalo. If he were, the Jews would be a target and the blacks would have more reason to hate whites, feel inferior and G-do forbid, riot.

Yes, this is what matters. So much to be grateful for as 20 children are buried. Let’s somehow make this all about jews being the target even though that has zero to do with this or the situation in Buffalo.

STMommy

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 10:49 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Reading another article about him, I was floored to read that there were a million red flags about this monster. He was extremely mentally unstable. How did no one pick up on this?

Exactly. Some of his fights with his mother were so loud, the neighbors called the police, who came to the home and documented their fighting.

After that, HOW WAS HE LEGALLY ABLE TO BUY GUNS?!?!?!

mha3484

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 10:52 am
I posted this on another thread but it applies here too.

There are currently 8300 child psychiatrists for 15million children who need to see one. My local hospital has 2000 children waiting for an appointment. I called for one of my kids they quoted me a minimum 6 month wait list but most likely a lot longer. If your a parent of a child that is severely mentally ill or sociopathic there is very little help for you and if you cant pay cash or have the highest tier health insurance good luck. I think most parents who see troubling signs in their children want to help them but we have failed as a society to provide them a means to do so.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 10:56 am
pause wrote:
Me too.

I agree with most Republican stances but I strongly disagree on gun control and abortion. Why do 32% of Americans own guns? When was the last time Israel had a mass shooting? With all the terrorist attacks, there are less than 10% of civilians there who own guns. It's time for better screening for potential gun owners (including mental health issues being off limits for gun ownership), limited sales of guns nationwide per year, and a mandatory renewal of gun license every few years.

Americans own guns because of out of control crime because government refuses to
put criminals in jail or prosecute people who openly rob stores.

But main reason Americans own guns is because 100 MILLION MURDERED BY GOVERNMENT
who first took away guns from their people:

Soviet Union, China, North Korea, Cambodia, Turkey, Nazi Germany

Fox

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 11:31 am
mha3484 wrote:
I posted this on another thread but it applies here too.

There are currently 8300 child psychiatrists for 15million children who need to see one. My local hospital has 2000 children waiting for an appointment. I called for one of my kids they quoted me a minimum 6 month wait list but most likely a lot longer. If your a parent of a child that is severely mentally ill or sociopathic there is very little help for you and if you cant pay cash or have the highest tier health insurance good luck. I think most parents who see troubling signs in their children want to help them but we have failed as a society to provide them a means to do so.

I just want to emphasis this.

Even for well-heeled parents who can afford the best, the options are significantly limited. Not to mention the fact that once a child turns 18, he is legally an adult and check himself out of any facility or treatment program.

More than a gun problem, we have a problem admitting that there exist a small number of seriously and/or violently mentally ill people who are dangerous to others.

Alternative

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 11:49 am
Fox wrote:
I just want to emphasis this.

Even for well-heeled parents who can afford the best, the options are significantly limited. Not to mention the fact that once a child turns 18, he is legally an adult and check himself out of any facility or treatment program.

More than a gun problem, we have a problem admitting that there exist a small number of seriously and/or violently mentally ill people who are dangerous to others.

So there are a number of violently mentally ill people. Probably more than in other countries.
Why do they have access to guns?
Why does everyone else have easy access to guns, considering there are so many violent unstable people in their midst who can seize those guns?

sequoia

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 11:50 am
https://www.center4research.or.....kill/

This is not the article I was thinking of, but it makes similar points.

exaustedmom

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 12:13 pm
I support restrictions, background checks and all that.

However, the fake outrage.

Biden and the liberal do not care about hundreds of minority kids being slaughtered in their own bed or while playing on their streets in cities like Chicago.

They support killing viable healthy babies in the third trimester.

They support killing innocent Afghanistan in targeted killings.

They support child trafficking and murder by keeping our borders wide open.

They support crime against children by calling to defund the police.

So don't fake outrage unless ALL kids matter.

STMommy

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 12:15 pm
Alternative wrote:
So there are a number of violently mentally ill people. Probably more than in other countries.
Why do they have access to guns?
Why does everyone else have easy access to guns, considering there are so many violent unstable people in their midst who can seize those guns?

Exactly. Hence my (I guess rhetorical) question upthread.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics