Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Oldest daughter 12. New to this.
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 12:29 am
So my 12 year old daughter is bh developing. Her public hair is starting to really bother her. But I'm wary to let her start shaving. I was thinking of having her cut it short for now and see if she's more comfortable. Any girl moms have any tips for me?

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:29 am
Take her for a waxing

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:38 am
Following

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:42 am
Tell her the options she has, and the downsides of each. Let her decide.

Cutting it short is a great first try, if that's not comfortable let her try something else. I would NOT do waxing as a first attempt, it can be very painful and embarrassing. If she shaves and likes it, then she can consider waxing as a way to get the same results for longer.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 8:46 am
Let her decide. It's her body, and none of these decisions are permanent.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 8:56 am
I mind my own business when it comes to my girls' bodies. If they want to shave, they shave. I stock the gillette venus razors in the bathroom as I think they are safer than the BIC ones.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:04 am
How do you prevent ingrown hairs when shaving? It can be very itchy for some people.
Following

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:08 am
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
How do you prevent ingrown hairs when shaving? It can be very itchy for some people.
Following

Short hair is itchier, imo
OP please let her decide. My mom left it up to me, so first I tried cutting it short - which was an itchy disaster then I ended up shaving
Waxings I only started at about 16 years old (I am light though - if she is dark haired she might wanna start earlier)

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:15 am
I don't encourage my girls to do waxing on their legs, etc... (they do wax eyebrows/upper lip). IMVHO it ends up leaving bigger pores, especially on the legs. They shave till they are old enough to laser.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:17 am
Why does she need to do anything? Her body is beautiful as it is. Why is it bothersome? Because all of a sudden it looks different and she is no longer a baby? Or does it bother her in a sensory way

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:20 am
I am waiting for my daughter to ask about shaving or say she wants it off. Right now I am dealing with encouraging a bra...

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 11:35 am
Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Moisturizing Razor for Women with Bikini Trimmer,1 Count https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....5RG0C

I use this. Or an older version. I find it easier to just trim the hairs short and there's the shaving options available.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 12:04 pm
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
Following

If you shave often enough it doesn't itch.
It itches when the hairs start growing in.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 12:06 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
I am waiting for my daughter to ask about shaving or say she wants it off. Right now I am dealing with encouraging a bra...

You may as well mention it.
Many girls don't know that removing is an option and are embarrassed to be hairier than others.

Roots

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 1:32 pm
my dd is 9 (!!!!) and already with hair under arm and down there
I showed her how to shave her armpits and told her she can whenever she wants and down there she didnt mention yet, I think ill tell her to trim and when shes older ill give her other options... shes only in 4th grade.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:18 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Why does she need to do anything? Her body is beautiful as it is. Why is it bothersome? Because all of a sudden it looks different and she is no longer a baby? Or does it bother her in a sensory way

It bothers her in a sensory way. Also she likes to feel clean. She bathes regularly. The hair annoys her. I'm afraid shaving will irritate her skin.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:32 pm
singleagain wrote:
Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Moisturizing Razor for Women with Bikini Trimmer,1 Count https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....5RG0C

I use this. Or an older version. I find it easier to just trim the hairs short and there's the shaving options available.

Thanks. Might try this.

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So my 12 year old daughter is bh developing. Her public hair is starting to really bother her. But I'm wary to let her start shaving. I was thinking of having her cut it short for now and see if she's more comfortable. Any girl moms have any tips for me?

DONT LET HER CUT IT!
Will just get thicker and bushier and unmanageable.
Remove it through any other method...

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:49 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
DONT LET HER CUT IT!
Will just get thicker and bushier and unmanageable.
Remove it through any other method...

Not true for me at all. Definitely thinned out through the years.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 8:29 pm
Since when has it become the norm and acceptable for young girls to remove pubic hair?
There was recently a thread bemoaning that it became the norm for kallahs, and now we're talking about young 12 year old girls??
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children