Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Does a 4 year old need a swim dress
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok never mind, the morah clarified that they are walking through some backyards to get to the pool, and there are lots of men around.

Anybody who thinks that a 3.5 year old should have to wear a cover up because there are men around is sick in the head.

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:00 am
What about a 4.5 year old? I'm having second thought on what I should be getting her. I just got a bathing suit and a terrie robe. When do they have to start wearing a cover up?

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:04 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
If it's in full view of the public, it makes sense that they need some sort of cover up. Maybe a t shirt is enough. Ask others that send there.

Why does it make sense that 4 year olds need a cover up?

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:05 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Anybody who thinks that a 3.5 year old should have to wear a cover up because there are men around is sick in the head.

Why sick in the head? It's normal to put something on when walking to a pool at a different location.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:06 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Why does it make sense that 4 year olds need a cover up?

It's a sensitivity I guess. They don't need a cover up. But if they're swimming on the street out in public, there's nothing wrong with the extra sensitivity of putting on a t-shirt.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:06 am
Why sick in the head? It's normal to put something on when walking to a pool at a different location.

If it's only because it's at a different location, then yes. If you make it about there being men around then it becomes disturbing.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:13 am
Why a swim dress? Why not a terry robe?

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:13 am
If it's only because it's at a different location, then yes. If you make it about there being men around then it becomes disturbing.

She said they're walking to a different location.
Even if not, there's nothing wrong with having the sensitivity of putting on a tshirt if there are men around. Each to their own. There's no one right way.

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:24 am
Even if not, there's nothing wrong with having the sensitivity of putting on a tshirt if there are men around. Each to their own. There's no one right way.

These are 3-4 year olds! The term 'sensitivity' doesn't even begin to apply. If men are 'sensitive' to 3-4 year olds, then I don't even have words for that!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:24 am
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
These are 3-4 year olds! The term 'sensitivity' doesn't even begin to apply. If men are 'sensitive' to 3-4 year olds, then I don't even have words for that!

I have a word for that. Pedophile

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:25 am
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:

It's not about the men. I'm not even going to try to explain it to you when you obviously don't want to understand.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:26 am
It's not about the men. I'm not even going to try to explain it to you when you obviously don't want to understand.

OP said the morah literally said it was about the men.

Rubies

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:26 am

I'd think the sensitivity should be about teaching kids to be appropriately dressed in public areas. Same as not going out in underwear. Self-dignity.

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:27 am

There are tzinius guidelines for a 3 yr old.
At that age we stop with sleevless and pants.

While it would be appropriate for my child to swim in a bathing suit even in an open are I don’t feel it would be appropriate to have her walk around down the street in a bathing suit.

If my child was walking through multiple yards I would want them to not be in a bathing suit only.

It is a sensitivity to teach the child. Nothing to do with what other ppl see.

Rubies

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:28 am
And any kind of cover up would suffice. Swim dress is actually neither here nor there.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:34 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Why a swim dress? Why not a terry robe?
I wonder if they are wearing the dress in the pool

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:35 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
There are tzinius guidelines for a 3 yr old.
At that age we stop with sleeves and pants.

While it would be appropriate for my child to swim in a bathing suit even in an open are I don’t feel it would be appropriate to have her walk around down the street in a bathing suit.

If my child was walking through multiple yards I would want them to not be in a bathing suit only.

It is a sensitivity to teach the child. Nothing to do with what other ppl see.

And op said the group is also going into primary so I’m sure there are 5 year olds in the group. They shouldn’t be walking in public spaces in a skimpy bathing suit. But I would probably use a cheap cotton short sleeve dress instead of an official swim dress.

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:17 pm
Rubies wrote:
I'd think the sensitivity should be about teaching kids to be appropriately dressed in public areas. Same as not going out in underwear. Self-dignity.

As I think about it, what's throwing the conversation here is the reference to the 'swim dress' cover up. I'm assuming that mothers automatically either send a robe or towel for their children. That's pretty much a need for a child coming out of the pool. So what was the Morah's intention here? Was it to request that the parent's send a robe rather than a towel since they'll be walking a short distance? Or was she specifically requesting a 'swim dress' type of attire?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:41 pm
Yes

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:52 pm
There are those that hold that starting at age three elbow knees legs etc are erva. So yes the men in the area shouldn’t have to be subject to seeing erva if they hold that way.

Besides for the other reasons posted above about teaching tznius and stuff.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries