Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Nausea Alert!!! Bedbug Update
Previous  1  2

Einikel

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 11:37 pm
Look into heat treatment options.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 11:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One of the best exterminators in Brooklyn thoroughly sprayed my apartment (he did the most spraying in the bedroom, where I found the bedbugs). Exterminator doesnt know yet, but I found a live bedbug in my living room today.

Im guaranteed for 4 months. I read up on threads talking about bedbugs and Id like to know:

1- Exterminators who treat bedbugs, spray more than one time? He sprayed once and charged over $1,000.

2- Im thinking of supplementing with Cimexa, that was used by Imas and they swear by it, but someone wrote that you need a mask, because it can go into the lungs. Is it any more dangerous than the spray the exterminator used? Probably not.

If Id want to supplement with Cimexa, whats the easiest way to do it?

Any advice will be appreciated.

The people that I know that treated for bedbugs had to pay around $5000 to treat there house. Bed bugs are hard to get rid of

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:16 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]One of the best exterminators in Brooklyn thoroughly sprayed my apartment (he did the most spraying in the bedroom, where I found the bedbugs). Exterminator doesnt know yet, but I found a live bedbug in my living room today.

Im guaranteed for 4 months. I read up on threads talking about bedbugs and Id like to know:

1- Exterminators who treat bedbugs, spray more than one time? He sprayed once and charged over $1,000.

I had this in monsey this past week I paid an estimator 1200 dollars he said he will come back another 2 times to spray my whole house I throw out my box springs since thats where it was infested bh non of my other rooms had it

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:22 am
[quote="amother [ Lightgreen ]"]
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One of the best exterminators in Brooklyn thoroughly sprayed my apartment (he did the most spraying in the bedroom, where I found the bedbugs). Exterminator doesnt know yet, but I found a live bedbug in my living room today.

I had this in monsey this past week I paid an estimator 1200 dollars he said he will come back another 2 times to spray my whole house I throw out my box springs since thats where it was infested bh non of my other rooms had it

I trust that he knows what hes talking about when he told me that because he treated the mattresses and box springs in the master bedroom, and in addition, I bought top quality bugbed-proof protectors, so "nothing can go in and nothing can get out" so he said theres no need to throw out. Im thrilled because I love these mattresses, they dont make them as good any more.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:31 am
Get an opposum.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 8:14 am
I am so sorry you are dealing with this!!
I unfortunately have bedbug experience. Bedbugs cannot be gotten rid of with an exterminator coming 1 time. Call a few exterminators to get quotes. The amounts listed above are more than I paid.
The exterminator needs to come at least 3 times. 1 week apart. In addition, every cloth item must be put in the dryer on high heat for an hour and then placed in a plastic bag. Its a pain, yet it works. Any exterminator who tells you he can get rid of it in a 1 time spray, I wouldn't trust.
Get mattress Protectors to put on once your beds are sprayed.

The heat treatment is good but cannot be done alone as it only kills the developed ones, not the eggs. If you only do heat, you need to do it a few times. It can damage paint/wall paper/wood floors.
Advantage is, you don't need to use plastic bags.

Good luck! You will get through this!

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 8:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, we'll call him early tomorrow.

I bought Cimexa on Amazon but DH says not to use it because exterminator can say if we treated with anything ourselves, we ruined his job, and he will void the 4 month warranty.

Omg use it ASAP. You will save yourselves thousands.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries