Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dress with sheer sleeves
1  2  Next

happy chick

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:40 am
I got a dress thats all tznius, but the sleeves are sheer. I dont have time to have them lined before I need to wear it. any creative ideas for how to do this aside for having to wear another layer under?

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:43 am
There's a product that I believe is called sleevies. Its just a sleeve that you slip on to cover the arms. I'm not sure if its still sold but when I had a similar dilemma, I remember coming across that. FWIW, I ended up buying a sheer shell to go underneath and between the 2 layers of sheer, it was enough coverage.

OBnursemom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:46 am
I just wear a cropped shell with sleeves. It’s not a full shirt, so it’s more comfortable.

happy chick

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:54 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
There's a product that I believe is called sleevies. Its just a sleeve that you slip on to cover the arms. I'm not sure if its still sold but when I had a similar dilemma, I remember coming across that. FWIW, I ended up buying a sheer shell to go underneath and between the 2 layers of sheer, it was enough coverage.

cool. never saw such a thing, but I see them on amazon. I think ill give it a try. thank you

happy chick

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:54 am
OBnursemom wrote:
I just wear a cropped shell with sleeves. It’s not a full shirt, so it’s more comfortable.

I dont want the neck of the shell to stick out from the dress.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:55 am
happy chick wrote:
I dont want the neck of the shell to stick out from the dress.

I think they make low neck shells

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:59 am
hey cool! I helped somebody today! Nice Smile
You are so welcome!

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 10:49 am
My girls have such a dress. I cut a shell so that basically only the sleeves and top part were left. You can cut around the neckline so it shouldn't stick out.

Aurora

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 10:53 am
My sister likes to cut the crotch out of a pair of stockings and use those as sleevies sometimes. She also cuts off the bottoms and "cuffs" them. Since time is an issue, maybe give it a shot?

acemom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:06 am
Aurora wrote:
My sister likes to cut the crotch out of a pair of stockings and use those as sleevies sometimes. She also cuts off the bottoms and "cuffs" them. Since time is an issue, maybe give it a shot?

I like this idea!!

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:16 am
Aurora wrote:

Stockings are see through. They're not adequate for sleeves.
And how do they not roll down from on top? Do they properly cover the top of the arm/shoulder/underarm area?

Aurora

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:18 am
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
Stockings are see through. They're not adequate for sleeves.

You can get opaque stockings. Do you call them tights?

You cut out the crotch, but leave in the elastic waistband connecting the legs. It fits over your back, then slide your arms down the legs.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:19 am
Aurora wrote:
You can get opaque stockings. Do you call them tights?

Opaque is see through as well.

Aurora

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:19 am

I think we may be talking about two different things.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:23 am
Aurora wrote:
I think we may be talking about two different things.

The only tights/stockings that aren't see through when worn, is cotton tights. Even opaque gets see through when worn.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:34 am
Aurora wrote:
That brings back memories of high school and girls cutting the feet off their socks to cover their arms. Laugh

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:35 am
Spanx sells what is basically stockings for arms and chest, with a low cut neck. Obviously I wouldn't wear it on its own but for under sheer sleeves the two layers together make it full coverage.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:35 am
The only tights/stockings that aren't see through when worn, is cotton tights. Even opaque gets see through when worn.
Blackout tights are definitely not see through. But even regular tights aren’t see through if they are a slightly larger size.

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 12:52 pm

The definition of opaque is the opposite of see through/transparent. I know the tights/stockings I buy are not see-through. Maybe you get a different brand that is thinner, but I think my stockings would totally work to do that. I love the idea, so simple and easy.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 1:04 pm
Pretty sure Sleevies don't pass the armpit. They won't cover your shoulders.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics