Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Surfview cottage Ami serial.. Leah is my friend IRL
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 10  11  12  Next

pink bow

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 3:37 pm
Any updates?

pink bow

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:19 pm
Anyone read it today?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:28 pm
Most of us save it for shabbos. Let’s not spoil the suspense since we want to enjoy when we sit down with the magazine on shabbos.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:29 pm
pink bow wrote:
Anyone read it today?

If you enjoy it so much, go buy it.

pink bow

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:30 pm
Kk. I don’t read it shabbos… if I get a minute on shabbos I say some tehillim….

pink bow

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:31 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
If you enjoy it so much, go buy it.

Who said I wont????? Can't Believe It

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 8:34 am
People, its fake...the author is reading our imaginations and rotfl..
OP, I think people similar to Leah do exist, but they are painting her extreme. Telling your friend she must take your kids when you go away, does not sound like something people would normally do.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 8:43 am
amother Pink wrote:
OP, I think people similar to Leah do exist, but they are painting her extreme. Telling your friend she must take your kids when you go away, does not sound like something people would normally do.

I knew someone who would do that. Chances are the author also knows someone like that.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 9:45 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I knew someone who would do that. Chances are the author also knows someone like that.

You know someone that says "my kids are coming to you. If you are a true friend you would take them"...
Yes, there are people that take advantage. But then there's this made up story that's exaggerated just to keep readers going.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 9:56 am
amother Pink wrote:
You know someone that says "my kids are coming to you. If you are a true friend you would take them"...
Yes, there are people that take advantage. But then there's this made up story that's exaggerated just to keep readers going.

Believe it or not there are really people like that unfortunately

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 9:58 am
amother Pink wrote:

Yes, I know people like that. There are all types of people in the world.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 12:28 am
amother Pink wrote:

Apparently you never met any codependent and manipulative people. I personally know both of these types and its so true to life that id say author is almost under exaggerating

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 12:37 am
amother Gray wrote:
Apparently you never met any codependent and manipulative people. I personally know both of these types and its so true to life that id say author is almost under exaggerating

I agree it isn’t exaggerated. It’s a pretty realistic story.

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 12:44 am
amother Gray wrote:

This story is made for me. I pretty much cut my friend out when I got married to make my husband happy, but I miss out on "girl friendship" which my husband can't fill... Sometimes I wish my husband could have looked away from her demands...

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 12:53 am
amother Peru wrote:
This story is made for me. I pretty much cut my friend out when I got married to make my husband happy, but I miss out on "girl friendship" which my husband can't fill... Sometimes I wish my husband could have looked away from her demands...

Why couldn’t you have put your foot down on the demands and still keep the friendship?

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:02 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Why couldn’t you have put your foot down on the demands and still keep the friendship?

she had more smarts, knowledge and know how. she also had tons of sisters, cousins and aquaintences. So lets say to spend time with her I would treat her out. Or I would always drive all the way to her instead of meeting halfway... Just small examples of the larger picture that drove hubby crazy

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:19 am
When I cut my “Leah” out of my life, she never even turned back or tried to contact me again. She just moved on to her next culprit and completely forgot about me. I had scarified so much for her, emotionally, physically, financially… you would think she would put up a fight when I left . She just moved on to the next…
There’s no middle ground with “leahs”. It’s either ‘her way’ or the highway. After many, many years of doing things her way, I chose the highway.
It’s really not possible to have a person like leah in your life if you want to have a decent marriage.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:36 am
Do you feel Rikki's DH is 100% right for not coming for Shabbat? In my heart I feel bad for Rikki cause she is afraid to leave, afraid to say no. But I just want to squash Leah. Is she cruel, or just really bad Middot.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:42 am
I feel so bad for Rikki she’s way in over her head and now alone for shabbos. But I understand her husband but not so ok . But Leah won’t even feel bad if she hears Yittzy didn’t show she wold just say bad things about him . She keeps telling Rikki to stand up for herself but at the same time she puts her down . And Leah won’t even care if shabbos was hard and would never help Rikki with her kids .

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:48 am
Can anyone post this weeks for those of us that didn’t get it.
Page 5 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room