Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Do you wash every single clothing coming back from camp?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 7:51 pm
Dad wants me to wash everything since there were bugs in camp. Do you wash everything even the fancy Shabbos dresses that need hand wash?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 7:51 pm
Yes. It all comes back with that camp smell.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 7:53 pm
My kids never went to camp ( I did) but yes no question I would wash everything !

amother
RosePink

Yes. I wash every single item. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Ema of 5

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dad wants me to wash everything since there were bugs in camp. Do you wash everything even the fancy Shabbos dresses that need hand wash?

Every. Single. Thing.
Why wouldn’t I wash the shabbos stuff?

amother
Daisy

amother [ OP ] wrote:

I would take it on a case by case basis. If everything has that moldy camp smell then yes I probably would

amother
Blush

Of course the luggage goes straight down to the laundry room and everything gets washed!

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 7:54 pm
Yes

But I've has maybe one dress that needed handwaahing from my daughters over the years, winter and summer.

I put in mesh bags and wash on "hand wash" cycle.

If it made it through camp it will likely hold up.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:14 pm
I was everything, Shabbos clothes were all worn so that’s not extra for me.
If by bugs out mean bed bugs you should be dry cleaning anything that can’t be dried in the dryer. Otherwise it won’t kill the bugs.

Chavas

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:15 pm
Everything is washed and the duffel bags disinfected.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:21 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
Yes

But I've has maybe one dress that needed handwaahing from my daughters over the years, winter and summer.

I put in mesh bags and wash on "hand wash" cycle.

If it made it through camp it will likely hold up.

Dd have this kind of dress it also said wash separately do you wash it separately or with other hand wash dresses?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:24 pm
I washed everything. All linen, towels, clothes shabbos and weekday. And they got home Monday so just finished their laundry yesterday and then did all the rest of the family’s laundry before 9 days. Exhausting

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:43 pm
Yes!!!!! But if she’s old enough to go to camp presumably she’s old enough to do most of it herself.

exaustedmom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:56 pm
Everything!

Make 3 piles

To wash
To throw
To pack away for next yesr

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dd have this kind of dress it also said wash separately do you wash it separately or with other hand wash dresses?

95%. It's been so hard and I've been under so much pressure doing so many different loads of laundry. Yes separate load for the shabbos delicate top. Separate for the hand wash shabbos dress. Load after load after load for days straight and saw no end in sight. Full time work during the day. At the end, I didn't get to do the last few shabbos maxi skirts. They needed to be carefully washed separately, they weren't dirty but I needed to wash them anyway. Decided those will be OK, not dirty not on skin, and will have to be done after the 9 days.
Tees and weekday skirts, robe, shabbos tops, some shabbos clothes, and all underwear and linens and towels all had had to be done before.

Tranquil

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:14 pm
Yes x 1,000,000

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:24 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
I washed everything. All linen, towels, clothes shabbos and weekday. And they got home Monday so just finished their laundry yesterday and then did all the rest of the family’s laundry before 9 days. Exhausting

Yes!! My son came home late Tuesday night. The last two days have been a nonstop laundry marathon, literally. I’m relieved that it’s done now and my house is a lot less smelly LOL

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:45 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Yes!! My son came home late Tuesday night. The last two days have been a nonstop laundry marathon, literally. I’m relieved that it’s done now and my house is a lot less smelly LOL

Good for u!! Dd coming next week iyh and need to wait till after 9 days to wash everything. And I dont space for it . Last year was same thing but it was toward end of 9 days and this time around just at the beginning. Besides the usual laundry after 9 days I have all the camp stuff.

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:02 pm
I wash everything washable even if DD says she never wore or used it. The duffle bags go straight down to the basement and I sort the laundry into loads right there.

I only have 1 child away in camp at the moment. My mother, when a bunch of us all came home from camp in the same week, used to take all the laundry to a laundromat so she could do it all at once and be done in a couple of hours rather than load after load at home for days on end.

sunspot

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:13 pm
I usually take everything out of the duffles by the door, put into garbage bag and go to straight to the laundromat so I can do all the laundry at one time and be done with it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps