Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Celiac test

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 8:31 am
what numbers are considered low indicating iga deficiency?

my 8yr old dd feels very full after everything eats and feels the urge to pass stool to relieve discomfort/mild stomach ache.

this all started after a stomach bug last year. done loads of testing, ibs celiac etc everything is fine.

I know celiac can be false negative so want to know whats considered iga deficient

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 8:32 am
Have you been to a GI?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 8:36 am
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
Have you been to a GI?

yes. claim its in the mind.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 8:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yes. claim its in the mind.

That’s terrible. I would go for a second opinion. Or third. Are you in ny?

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 2:17 pm
Doesn't really sound perfectly like celiac, But sounds like it could be a host of other things like chrons or just plain ibd or even a gluten intolerance without celiac.

I

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 2:25 pm
I’m sorry but did you check for a tumor

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 2:39 pm
Sounds more like Crohn's than celiac. But again I'm not a Dr.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 2:59 pm
Sounds like your dc may still have some type low grade stomach bug if that's when started. You will need to see an alternative health practitioner for this. Btdt with my ds.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 4:13 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Sounds like your dc may still have some type low grade stomach bug if that's when started. You will need to see an alternative health practitioner for this. Btdt with my ds.

please tell me what did you do?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 4:31 pm
was told that cos she doesnt wake at night its not chrohns or ibs. but she doesnt eat at night. he claims she would also be running all night.

interestingly she doesnt have the urge in school, though she eats very little in school and is put off by the bathrooms - so maybe it is in the mind?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 4:39 pm
My DC had something similar a few years ago following a bad stomach bug. It turned out to be post viral gastroparesis -- not very pleasant, the digestive system sort of forgets how to work and moves too slowly. My dc was pretty miserable for a few weeks but it did eventually ease up. We used some OTC drugs the GI recommended and some of them helped a bit, but eventually she went off all of them bc they only help the symptoms. Time is what really helped.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 4:41 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
My DC had something similar a few years ago following a bad stomach bug. It turned out to be post viral gastroparesis -- not very pleasant, the digestive system sort of forgets how to work and moves too slowly. My dc was pretty miserable for a few weeks but it did eventually ease up. We used some OTC drugs the GI recommended and some of them helped a bit, but eventually she went off all of them bc they only help the symptoms. Time is what really helped.

but a year is longer than just a few weeks.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 5:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
please tell me what did you do?

After gi insisted he was in perfect health, we took him to an alternative health practitioner who said he has parasites. We did cst for him and He gave some stuff for my son to take. Bh got better.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 5:25 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
After gi insisted he was in perfect health, we took him to an alternative health practitioner who said he has parasites. We did cst for him and He gave some stuff for my son to take. Bh got better.

what is cst?

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 5:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what is cst?

Craniosacral therapy. Best gift hashem gave the world. Our family has seen a lot of healing with it

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 6:58 pm
Have you tried probiotics? They are really helpful to my kids with stomach bugs to heal the intestines.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics