Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Sell my gold/diamond watch

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:52 pm
I got married ages ago. When I got married, gold watches were in style. Now, not anymore. I love my watch. And my husband loves his too. Both brand names. But haven’t worn them in ages. Like years. It’s sitting in the safe doing nothing. I have quite a few kids. 5+. And with them starting to get married, I could really use the money to help with marrying them off. Where can I sell my husbands and my watch. They are brand names. Think concord or Baum mercier. I would love to get the most I can, to help pay for my sons diamond ring for his kallah.
I can go anywhere in the tri state area, of someplace gets highly recommended. Please let me know if you know anyone. Thanks.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:58 pm
I’m sorry I don’t have an answer to your question- but I don’t think they’ll be worth what you hope for. I think holding on to family heirlooms, or something you got for a special occasion is more worthwhile. Good luck with whatever you decide but know that there is nothing like holding on to something valuable and meaningful.
Alternatively, can you repurpose the diamonds for the engagement ring?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 1:39 pm
The diamonds are small. Not worth much I’m sure. Hoping to even sell it for scrap or something.
I would love to hold onto it for sentimental reasons but honestly. When you need the money, I think our sanity is more important. My jewelry won’t be worth anything if my husband has a breakdown because money is tight right now. If this helps even a little bit, then it will have helped.
Trying to see which of my silver pieces are worth selling to make some extra money too. Of course, letting go of the ones with the least sentimental value first.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 1:52 pm
A bit off topic but what about taking money from your home and refinancing? Or taking a HELOC against your home? There are ways to come up with money. If selling makes you feel better because you won't need to owe back a loan then for sure go with that. You never know how many things around your house can be sold!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 4:20 pm
Op, I understand that money is tight and it’s stressful. The little money from the jewelry is not worth it. I just don’t want to see you sell something for a few hundred dollars, and then you are still in a pinch 2 wks later. I know you would like to help your son buy an engagement ring, but a few hundred won’t help. Rings are so expensive now. He may have to figure it out on your own if you just can’t right now .

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 7:17 pm
Did you consider buying the Kallah a lab grown diamond? I have read that they are indistinguishable from the real thing. And then just don’t say a word to your son or to the Kallah (or even breathe a word to any friend).

I just read an Ami article that had a jeweler from Queens who says 50 percent of his sales are now lab grown diamonds and he’s a huge fan.

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 7:41 am
you should be able to get a decent amount for brand name gold watches. there are stores on line that would buy them from you, let me know if you are still interested

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 7:44 am
amother Kiwi wrote:
you should be able to get a decent amount for brand name gold watches. there are stores on line that would buy them from you, let me know if you are still interested

I definitely am interested. No point in having the watches sit, unworn, in the drawer. If you know anywhere I can sell, I would appreciate it

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 7:45 am
You could try Feldman’s in Boro park.
Afaik it goes on the weight of the gold and not on the brand name

momsprince

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:54 am
Can you pm me a pic? I might wanna buy it off.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 12:12 pm
Kayla Diamonds in Baltimore

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 4:11 pm
https://www.chrono24.com/offer/index.htm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics