Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Within My Walls
1  2  3  4  Next

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:44 pm
(Do we have a thread on this yet?)
I think that Bilhah is Leonora's daughter.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:51 pm
Why? Based on what?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:58 pm
amother Peach wrote:
Why? Based on what?

A hunch.

Java

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:01 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
A hunch.

Huh.
That's interesting. I didn't think of that
So then what happened between Leonora and Bilhah's father? I don't think they really divorced much back then
Also I pictured Leonora as being older, like in her 60's, and I think Bilhah is supposed to be 16/17 ish?

Java

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:02 pm
Oh wait. Wasn't there a flashback where Leonora was very young with a baby? Maybe 14 or something
I guess then it could make sense

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:03 pm
interesting
well they are both smart and brave and good at getting things done and reading the room that's for sure

Java

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:03 pm
I'm loving this serial btw!! Leah Gebber if you're on here- everything you write is amazing 😍

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:05 pm
Was thinking maybe granddaughter...I.e. Leonora's baby was hidden/given to another family...ended up with Bilhah's father, and died in childbirth with Bilhah...

Java

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:06 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:
Was thinking maybe granddaughter...I.e. Leonora's baby was hidden/given to another family...ended up with Bilhah's father, and died in childbirth with Bilhah...

I like this theory
Does it ever say that Bilhah's mother died?

crystal

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:33 pm
I love the writing in this serial! And the era, it's unique!

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:44 pm
Java wrote:
I like this theory
Does it ever say that Bilhah's mother died?

I believe it's implied...father was trying to marry her off...was abusive etc. Did not seem like she has a mother to protect her, or an extended family for that matter

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:34 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:

That makes more sense.

momallhours

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:52 pm
Every word Leah Gebber writes is gold! That is so interesting I did not connect that but now that does make sense.
I think Bilhah and Eliyahu will marry.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:08 pm
The story says that Leonora husband died before he met his daughter. And that Bilhah lost her mother in childbirth. That is alluded to a few times…
I love this serial!

Chaya123

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:24 pm
Just started a new thread before on this, without realizing this was already started and here's what I wrote:

I'm absolutely fascinated by this richly woven, well written, historical fiction. I'm horrified at the abuse it describes Bilhah received and can't imagine how such a "chashuv" man can be so brutal to his own poor child and even more so, how no one can stop him.
The only connection between this plot and Leonora in tzfas is so far the letters but I wonder if she's really Bilhah's mother as it alludes many times to how she stayed behind for the baby?
Also the Yannai/Eliyahu scenario seems to be connected to Bilhah story as one time mentioned he had access to the updated printed materials. Maybe this is her father?
Also, we never saw the father/chassan's reaction when she disappeared night before wedding.
So interesting and fascinating!

dena613

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:29 pm
I never thought of that, pinkfridge! Maybe, because she loves rubbing in that something happened with her daughter

But I'm confused. Are yishai and her other son(s?) from the same husband?
Obviously, all the stories will tie together.

Leah Gebber loves to write about mental illness/ mental health struggles. There are a few characters with varying ranges of issues- the abusive father, leonara who drinks her problems away...

Gonna google hurrem sultan now 😂

dena613

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:44 pm
Interestingly hurrem sultan actually built a soup kitchen waqf in Jerusalem.

She was Suleiman the magnificent favorite concubine from the harem. He ended up marrying her.

juggling

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 2:18 am
I was following the story, but had missed the first few chapters. I finally went back and read from the beginning. A few things I caught:

Leonora is in her fifties. She talks of her parents abandoning her when she was 14, and she says it's now 40 years later (also lines up with the historical timeline, as our story takes place in the mid-1530's).

It seems correct that Bilhah is quite young.

There is a mention of Ines in one of bilhahs flashbacks. Is that a different Ines? A mistake by the author? Or is there a connection?

This story is incredible, and I'm waiting impatiently for it all to pull together.

I've never given much thought to this particular period in history, beyond what we learned in school. It's fascinating to see, through fiction, what the Jewish people were actually going through at that time!

Chaya123

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 12:52 pm
So now we see all the main characters are in EY or possibly on the way and it makes me shudder. Will Bilhah really meet up again with her mean abusive Papa that she ran away from? Every time it writes about the abuse, I cringe and feel like crying and hugging that poor little girl and can't understand for the life of mine how someone can be so cruel to their own child. Also, is he really Leonora's husband? It seems Leonora is Bilhah's mother and they're just a few steps away from each other but obviously don't know it. My heart breaks for Bilhah and I have mixed feelings towards Leonora bec she seems kind and caring but also power hungry and tough and I have such revulsion and hate towards this Papa, who beat this poor helpless child. Oy!

juggling

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 12:57 pm
No, he isn't Leonora's husband. Leonora's husband died. Also, the timeline doesn't work. Bilhah is too young to be the baby Leonora abandoned.

I am curious how all the stories will intersect.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room