Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Decor for concrete walls for a simcha

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:27 pm
What can I do? I’m iyh making a simcha soon and the thought is to make it in a large unfinished room. I’d love to make it more appealing, but I’m not artsy and I’d love to keep the cost down to a minimum. Anyone have any link or an idea as to what I can cover the concrete walls with?
And what about on the floor? Any cheap-ish idea? Although if I only end up doing one of those, I’d rather cover the walls. Tia

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:32 pm
Can you dim the overhead lights slightly and project pretty colored lights or patterns onto the walls? I was at a wedding once where they somehow projected flowers into the walls and it was really lovely.

I saw a lot of ads before Succos for wall size mural posters of scenes from Israel. Would something like that work?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:39 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Can you dim the overhead lights slightly and project pretty colored lights or patterns onto the walls? I was at a wedding once where they somehow projected flowers into the walls and it was really lovely.

I saw a lot of ads before Succos for wall size mural posters of scenes from Israel. Would something like that work?

Thanks. It’s a Shabbos simcha, so don’t think the light idea would work. The murals are very expensive to get as a one-time thing. I’d think of doing it, but I wanted to see if there are other cheaper and/or nicer options. Thanks so much!

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:44 pm
Temu had gorgeous flower sheet like things.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 7:48 pm
Fabric or curtains/drapery

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 8:02 pm
Tysm, how do I hang these stuff on concrete walls?
The stuff from temu or the drapes

amother
Red

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 9:11 pm
I'm wondering the same! Trying to decide if I can pull off a simcha in an unfinished room. I see on Amazon that you can buy rolls of tulle and line the walls. They had a picture of it on the ceiling also, fastened down near the wall and in middle of the ceiling so it dropped down nicely in middle. According to Google, a staple gun will work with concrete. Would love more ideas too!

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 9:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Tysm, how do I hang these stuff on concrete walls?
The stuff from temu or the drapes
command hooks?

shanie5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 9:23 pm
I once saw somone improve the lower part of a wall by covering it in wrapping paper. It was a silver patterned paper and scotch taped all the way around the wall.

teachkids

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 9:25 pm
I've used funtak on concrete walls
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics