Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Misbehaving in the afternoon

JEWISHMAMA

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 4:39 am
My daughter is 7 and she usually behaves at home and during morning school hours but she really misbehaves in the afternoon. I have been told that she gets picked on before the afternoon starts and I know with her once she´s in a bad mood you´ve had it and she´ll be like that for the rest of the day. I have informed her teachers and they are on the look out and I have spoke to her about it but I´m getting nowhere! She won´t listen to her teacher and do as she´s told and she throws things about. I have already tried punishing and have also tried being sweet and talking to her. My MIL use to say you get more with honey than vinegar. I even tried rewarding for good behavior. Please help as I am at my wits end and turning grey. She really is a good and sweet girl just not for her hebrew teacher.

lucky

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 9:27 am
Maybe she is having a hard time learning which is making her pressured. She then comes home and explodes...

Be sure to get to the bottom of this problem. It probably won't go away on its own.

shayna82

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 9:34 am
maybe waht she needs is a day out iwth mommy.. sometimes kids are asking for attentino from their parents, but it manifests itself in school problems..

good luck

JEWISHMAMA

Post Fri, Nov 18 2005, 3:57 am
Lucky, she is not misbehaving at home only in school during the afternoon. You might be right on the difficulty with hebrew work though. I had alot of trouble. My parents not knowing anything jewish or hebrew didn´t really help either!

Shayna82, we do quite a bit together. I take her shopping, the haidressers, she cooks and cleans with me and I also read to her and help her with her homework, by herself not with the other kids. So I´m really stuck as to where I´m going wrong.
Maybe she wants attention from her dad. Maybe I give her too much attention.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children