Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Awful pinworms

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 2:44 pm
Here we go again- my kids have pinworms!
How do we get rid of it for good or is it worth even trying? I feel like the rest of their class have it too (where else do they keep picking it up from?!) so what’s the use of me driving myself crazy if they’ll just keep getting g reinfected when leaving the house? I can’t keep them in a bubble all day. What do you do ? Crying

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 2:48 pm
Garlic keeps them at bay. Get a spritz from the health food store.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 2:48 pm
If you're open to homeopathy, there is a remedy called Cina which worked quickly and effectively for every one of my kids.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 2:49 pm
I'd probably treat with pinx (or Reese's pinworm) today, tomorrow, and again in 2 weeks. Then start giving the homeopathic remedy cina and keep effected kids on it for 2-3 months. Pinworms are gross, sorry you have tot deal with this now. Hope it gets better quickly. Good luck!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 2:57 pm
I’ve posted about this. I think at some point yes of course we have to treat it but at the end of day I think need to come to terms with it as a fact of life and not lose my mind every time it happens. Bec it’s going to. And was making me. Insane every time. So now I give the medicine. Wash the linen a day later. Give meds again two weeks later and call it a day. If they come back I’ll just do that again.

rmbg

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 2:59 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
If you're open to homeopathy, there is a remedy called Cina which worked quickly and effectively for every one of my kids.

Where can I buy this?

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 3:13 pm
Is the whole Boro park invested with them???
I can't get rid of them. Just keeps coming back.

Also one of my preschool students told me I can't give her winkies because she has pinworms LOL
So her mother doesn't let her have nosh

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 3:13 pm
amother Blonde wrote:

What is this??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 8:52 pm
Bump

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 1:08 am
My kids did very well with pindrops from herbari. Most health food stores sell it

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 4:50 am
naryani worms mix - it has cina in it.

3 x a day for 4 weeks
stop for 2 weeks
then again 3 x a day for 4 weeks

Iymnok

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:30 am
A friend gave me an idea that seems to work. A sugar bath on the Vermox schedule. That is three nights in a row for 20 minutes, then once a week for three weeks.
It seems to work.
I still give them a half a clove of garlic if they are having trouble sleeping.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 9:13 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I’ve posted about this. I think at some point yes of course we have to treat it but at the end of day I think need to come to terms with it as a fact of life and not lose my mind every time it happens. Bec it’s going to. And was making me. Insane every time. So now I give the medicine. Wash the linen a day later. Give meds again two weeks later and call it a day. If they come back I’ll just do that again.

Yes but what happens if they don’t go away from the meds in the first place?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics