Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Have you taken the sod haadam course?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:17 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
which school?

BYHS of Boro Park

amother
Nasturtium

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:23 am
[quote="amother Coral"
Quote:
]No, that's not what I meant. Hard to explain.
She had more of an overinflated ego, and was in charge of assigning twelfth grade jobs, and of course if she didn't like you, you were out of luck of getting a somewhat decent job.[/quote
]

It's hard for me to comment on this because I never went to the school she taught in and I never had her as a teacher. But now that I teach high school, I can tell you that students oftentimes see things very differently than teachers do...
I'm sorry that you had this experience, it must have been difficult to feel that way. I'm not trying to negate what you went through or felt.

I'm just saying that generally a lot of thought/effort/discussion with other teachers goes into giving the 12th grade jobs. If a student is doing well academically, etc but the teacher sees that she has difficulty in other areas (ex: girls might be complaining about working with that particular student on projects etc.) Then the teacher probably won't give her a big 12th grade job which will entail a lot of collaboration between peers. And the student might see it that "the teacher doesn't like me" when in reality the teacher needs to do what's best for the grade as a whole.
I'm not saying this was your experience, but I just want to shed some light on what could sometimes be the other side of the story...

amother
Sunflower

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:24 am
amother Coral wrote:
Wow, thank you!
What do you mean when you say "second year"? Do you mean in the Expansion course?

Yes

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:31 am
amother Nasturtium wrote:
]

It's hard for me to comment on this because I never went to the school she taught in and I never had her as a teacher. But now that I teach high school, I can tell you that students oftentimes see things very differently than teachers do...
I'm sorry that you had this experience, it must have been difficult to feel that way. I'm not trying to negate what you went through or felt.

I'm just saying that generally a lot of thought/effort/discussion with other teachers goes into giving the 12th grade jobs. If a student is doing well academically, etc but the teacher sees that she has difficulty in other areas (ex: girls might be complaining about working with that particular student on projects etc.) Then the teacher probably won't give her a big 12th grade job which will entail a lot of collaboration between peers. And the student might see it that "the teacher doesn't like me" when in reality the teacher needs to do what's best for the grade as a whole.
I'm not saying this was your experience, but I just want to shed some light on what could sometimes be the other side of the story...

Listen, I'm way past this stage. I have a child in shidduchim. This was many years ago. And I'm not the only one who felt that way.
But I haven't seen her since high school, and find it difficult to imagine respecting a person like the teacher I dealt with in high school. That being said, just like I changed 22+ years ago, I'm sure she grew spiritually since then too.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 4:21 pm
amother Canary wrote:
They run something called an 18 Day self-regulation challenge, teaching ways for each person to learn about self-awareness to self-regulation to self-actualization. My sister took it last year because she was having a hard time and therapy wasn’t helping enough. She said it created immediate change. I’m encouraged bec it’s a year later and I still see her doing well.

They used to do it over 6 weeks. They now hold it over 9 weeks. It’s online. They have a community support if you want it. And they are available during this time as they do it with you. It’s under their nonprofit work. Here’s the link: https://handsonapproaches.com/.....enge/

I’m not sure if you can still sign up as we just started. You can reach out to them. ❤️

Thank you!
But it’s during the day & I work at 12:30.
Sad

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 4:48 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Anyone had Miss Grama as a teacher who took the course? I had wishy-washy feelings toward her- she was a great teacher but hard to be respected as a person. I'd like to know if anyone was able to overcome those feelings to accept the course contents and grow from it. I would then consider taking it. I've heard such amazing feedback.

I've known her as a person for close to 30y, and she was and is amazing.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 7:23 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
She talks about that in the second year of the course, she shares very personal information
In my opinion everybody should take it, it's completely life changing

Curious about this.. how does it affect the course? I had her as a teacher too was very inspired but something specific that is holding me back from signing up… can u clarify?

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:25 am
I am taking the course now and I'm loving it!!!
I'm just blown away at how the concepts are so basic and easy to understand, yet so deep - like I've never seen it in that way before.

I've only listed to 3 lessons so far, but my parenting already has changed. I am more kind, patient, caring and empathetic toward my kids.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:38 am
If you would like to join this course, at half price, please reach out to me at 845 533 2404.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:40 pm
How is it half off?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:01 pm
Surrendered wrote:
If you would like to join this course, at half price, please reach out to me at 845 533 2404.

I may be interested. Can you pm me?
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational