Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Have you taken the sod haadam course?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:31 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
I also feel so conflicted. My sisters in law took this course and swear by it. But I had her as a teacher many years ago, and although she was a wonderful teacher, the image in my brain is not of this revered Rebbitzen - …I just can’t see it.

I took the course for the past 2 years and will be joining for the third year. I get what you're saying about the "rebbitzen" thing, it does seem odd to me as to why someone would want to be considered a rebbitzen. Maybe it gives the course more credibility? however regardless of her title the course material is life changing. I've experienced a few regular life bumps the past year and was so much better prepared to handle them. I am learning to live life with happiness and calmness and I don't need to micromanage everyone around me. The past 2 erev pesach were an enjoyable experience vs the stressful ones until then. I gave birth after completing the first year it was an unreal experience very different than my other births. When my family feels I connect to them and their pain and believe in them fully it gives them the strength and stability they need.

my work is a very demanding high pressuring job that I also learnt that hashem could run without me being there 24/7 not that I'm negligible just that I don't need to take on extra stress and if I connect to Hashem He'll take care of me.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:34 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Is this course geared to very sheltered women? For someone who has access to and is well read in current psychology, relationships, self help, will they be learning anything earth shattering?

I'm pretty well-read and out there, keep updated with current ideologies etc. I am fascinated by the depth of what she teaches especially cuz she said she never opened a secular self-help book and yet, the things I learned from her trumps everything modern psychology tells us. It's deep and real but simple (though it takes work), and frankly, I feel I finally got what I've been searching for. It filled the holes they therapy couldn't do, and got me to appreciate and accept myself. From that place automatically your relationships with others change and improve.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:40 pm
Is it specifically for women? Is it something I can listen to together with my husband?

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 11:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it specifically for women? Is it something I can listen to together with my husband?

Most men won't have the patience or depth for this, I think. But you can explain it to him in short if you think it's up his alley.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 11:23 pm
How many times a week is it?

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 11:47 pm
I was referred to a therapist for OCD/anxiety, meanwhile I heard from a couple of people that this course helped them with their anxiety. Can this be instead of a therapist or rather in addition? Would it be too much for me to go to a therapist and take the course? could it be conflicting?

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 2:21 am
If you can afford both I highly recommend the course! You'll gain a deep understanding especially of anxiety! Have people healed with only the course? I would love to know! I went to a professional too. I only did the foundation course so far, and I'm considering doing expansion, did anyone heal trauma with expansion? Thanks in advance

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 2:24 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
I can’t afford to take the course, is there some type of book the follows what it’s based on?
call the office, if you apply they gave large discounts

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 7:20 am
I don't think it can replace therapy for intense stuff. It's great to do it while you're in therapy there is no contradiction. Me personally, I was in therapy for years, did different modalities for trauma, mild anxiety etc which were very helpful BH. This course came into my life at the right time when I was basically done with therapy but I still was left with low self value, was nervous often but didn't know how to help myself further. Doing this I got settled, I love and accept myself, and things (and people) don't bother me the way they used to. I'm also more productive because I finally understand what was keeping me in slight dysfunction- I healed that part of me and I can't believe how much better I manage my life.
I'm so grateful and I wish everyone taking it much hatzlacha! It's simple but not easy, what you put into it is what you'll get out of it. It takes time to see results and it takes quite a bit of time of work each week (maybe not so much the first year).

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 7:34 am
I listened to her demo is that what the entire course is like? She sounds very good just slow and hard to keep my attention I really want to take this but nervous won’t be able to focus if slow

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 7:51 am
amother Iris wrote:
I listened to her demo is that what the entire course is like? She sounds very good just slow and hard to keep my attention I really want to take this but nervous won’t be able to focus if slow

Yeah she talks slowly and repeats herself a lot.... It takes getting used to her style. On the other hand though it really seeps in that way.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 7:53 am
when is the first course starting?

Chaya123

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:34 pm
How does this differ from Dina Friedman's courses? How time consuming is it?

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:37 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
How many times a week is it?

It's once a week For 1-1.75 hours. You can listen live on Tuesday morning. Otherwise, the recordings are all available until a few months after the course ends.

Plus, there is a 1-1.5 hour Q&A follow-up session on Monday morning. Recordings are also available.

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:39 pm
amother Iris wrote:

Correct, that's her style of talking.

I am a very impatient person and usually end up spacing out if someone repeats themselves more than once, but in this case, I really stayed tuned in for the duration of the class. It's very deep and beautiful.

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:40 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
when is the first course starting?

Nov. 29

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 8:50 pm
So if someone is doing therapy and reading books about compassion, Byron Katie who's a lot about acceptance (Miriam Adahan's work is based on hers) etc. is this still going to be life-changing?

(Personally, I would probably listen to recording on fast speed.)

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 2:02 am
In my opinion yes, its a whole new perspective of why ppl have issues.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 2:13 am
Thanks Grape! Did you do expansion too? How much unblocking can be done?
I have a question about targil emun.. My relative grew up with a trauma that wasn't addressed and is now healing in therapy, but their mother believed in them so much! when is it denial?

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 3:52 am
I heard alot about her course from friends who took it and were talking highly about it. I listened to the demo and thought it was such simple basic stuff that I already know, besides for that I can't stand the slow repetitive talking.

Now, you all convinced me to want to take it.

How can I recieve a coupon code for a discount, being that I can't afford the full price?
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational