Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Post Shavuos Diet Buddy

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 3:38 am
I'm looking for a diet buddy, to help me stick to my post Shavuos diet! Who would like to pair up with me, and we will be accountable to each other?

yentaof8

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 9:54 pm
What program will you be following? I must, must decide on a plan and could use and give encouragement but having started and restarted so many times since Pesach, I'm not sure what to eat (not eat) starting tomorrow.

Emee

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 10:53 pm
I coudl definitely use a diet buddy! I started dieting in january and lost 40 lbs and did really well until Pesach but since then I haven't lost an ounce!!

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 11:29 pm
Emee, you lost 40 pounds?!! Amazing! How much more do you want to lose?

Yentaof8, here is my self devised plan, which worked for me last summer (but I gained it all back):

Early Morning: fresh fruit

Breakfast: one serving starch (preferably whole grain), one serving protein, vegetable

Midmorning: fresh fruit

Lunch: large salad with one serving protein

Snack: yogurt (I need to substitute with something else that is not constipating...not sure what)

Dinner: whatever the family is eating, in moderation

No eating after dinner

Lots of water! Coffee ok (not too much, and only a tiny bit of milk and sugar, if any)

yentaof8

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 12:11 am
That sounds like a well rounded plan - but I always find myself wondering what specifically to eat throughout the day. I usually make good choices until around 4:00 p.m. and then all my resolve goes out the window - it might have something to do with all the kids coming home then (DUH?) So, I'm really having high hopes for this summer since I only will be dealing with the younger 2 who will go to day camp and there's no stress about homework and projects. I still want to come up with a specific food plan so I don't rely on my own rationalizations. Anyone with ideas - I do want drastic results but not too drastic methods. Is that wishful thinking?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise