Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Celiac in golders green london
1  2  3  4  Next

workingmom24/6

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 1:00 am
I'm going to be visiting golders green and I'm looking for help with finding food for myself without bringing the whole pantry with me
Does anyone from golders green have suggestions for restaurants, takeout or where I can buy gluten free food while I'm there???
Hi to any of my cousins who may recognize me here based on my question. Looking forward to seeing you all!!

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 1:19 am
workingmom24/6 wrote:
I'm going to be visiting golders green and I'm looking for help with finding food for myself without bringing the whole pantry with me
Does anyone from golders green have suggestions for restaurants, takeout or where I can buy gluten free food while I'm there???
Hi to any of my cousins who may recognize me here based on my question. Looking forward to seeing you all!!

There are approved Gluten free products that you can buy at the big supermarkets if you're comfortable with this setup.
You can check the status on this website. You can type in Gluten Free to get results.

https://www.kosher.org.uk/kosher search

Kosher Kingdom in GG have a small section of Gluten free products but not take-away.

I'm not aware of any dedicated kosher gluten free restaurants or take aways.
Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

workingmom24/6

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 1:25 am
Thank you eggshell!
Is there a restaurant that's very mehadren and high end?
Sadly for me, the more high end a restaurant the more they are willing to accommodate to my needs
Mid range or lower would be even better but I've learnt it's usually not worth the effort and I end up watching everyone else eat šŸ˜”

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 1:39 am
workingmom24/6 wrote:
Thank you eggshell!
Is there a restaurant that's very mehadren and high end?
Sadly for me, the more high end a restaurant the more they are willing to accommodate to my needs
Mid range or lower would be even better but I've learnt it's usually not worth the effort and I end up watching everyone else eat šŸ˜”

The best hechsher is Kedassia.

aren't you concerned about cross contamination when eating in a non gluten free establishment?

workingmom24/6

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 1:43 am
Yes but I've found the more high end places will be willing to clean the grill or use a fresh pan to sear some fish etc
It's a risk I take and bh usually doesn't come back to bite me
I also ask to speak to the chef which gives me a great idea if they will be careful or just talking the talk
As long as I'm pleasant and make a few jokes and show my appreciation most places are very accommodating

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 1:57 am
Novellino on golders green road have gluten free options if you ask. We've gotten gf pasta dishes in the past. I have no idea though how careful they are with cross contamination but you can ask. I'm talking about their milky restaurant. I would call ahead and ask them if they will also accommodate in their meaty restaurant, it's called novellino bistro. Then you will have 2 options.
Kk has a selection of snack type gf food

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:00 am
workingmom24/6 wrote:
Yes but I've found the more high end places will be willing to clean the grill or use a fresh pan to sear some fish etc
It's a risk I take and bh usually doesn't come back to bite me
I also ask to speak to the chef which gives me a great idea if they will be careful or just talking the talk
As long as I'm pleasant and make a few jokes and show my appreciation most places are very accommodating

No high end restaurant comes to mind in GG.
Possibly a Chinese one.
The only restaurant under the Kedassia hechsher is Maxim, a dairy /fish restaurant. It's of good standard but definitely not high end.

Since I don't know your kashrus standards, it's quite possible that you would be okay with the London Beth Din. (KLBD)
Therefore, I wouldn't want to be the cause of you being limited or deprived, if you anyway use the equivalent hechsher all year around .

Kedassia is a very heimishe, mehadrin, top hechsher accepted by literally everyone. Like saying Badatz Eida Hachredis in EY.

I personally don't use KLBD. But each to his own.

workingmom24/6

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:02 am
Thank you honeydew!!
Are both options Kedassia?

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:07 am
workingmom24/6 wrote:
Thank you honeydew!!
Are both options Kedassia?

KLBD

workingmom24/6

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:10 am
Thank you eggshell
Would you mind sharing Maxim's Phone number or email address so I can see if they can work with me
What sort of hechsher can KLBD compare to in isreal so I can get an idea if it's something I can consider?
Please disregard if your not comfortable responding to my question above

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:13 am
https://www.kosher.org.uk/prin.....rants
List of Restaurants under KLBD

workingmom24/6

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:16 am
Thank you
I'm heading off to bed now so nighty night, for me at least šŸ˜‰

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:20 am
I donā€™t know about gluten free in the restaurants, but I wanted to make you aware that both KLBD and Federation establishments are both very very kosher and both top hechsherim.

I donā€™t know if the previous poster lives in gg or Stamford Hill, but I live in gg and the majority of people in gg 100% eat in places with both those hechsherim.

They have very big rabbonim behind both of them and whilst historically were not as good hechsherim, that has not been the case for the last 10/15 years at least.

Please do your research into them as it would be a shame to limit yourself if you didnā€™t need to because of others opinions.

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:22 am
workingmom24/6 wrote:
Thank you eggshell
Would you mind sharing Maxim's Phone number or email address so I can see if they can work with me
What sort of hechsher can KLBD compare to in isreal so I can get an idea if it's something I can consider?
Please disregard if your not comfortable responding to my question above

Perhaps if you share with me what hechsherim you use in Israel, I can try and see how that fits in with an equivelant over here.

Maxim +442084550664

No email address is listed.

They are next open on Sunday.

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:26 am
Please do your research into them as it would be a shame to limit yourself if you didnā€™t need to because of others opinions

your post is very disrespectful considering how considerate, sensitive and sympathetic I was towards OP'S kashrus standards and made a disclaimer to that effect.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:28 am
Novelino has gluten free options but not your hechsher

Kosher kingdom has a decent gluten free section

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:35 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
No high end restaurant comes to mind in GG.
Possibly a Chinese one.
The only restaurant under the Kedassia hechsher is Maxim, a dairy /fish restaurant. It's of good standard but definitely not high end.

Since I don't know your kashrus standards, it's quite possible that you would be okay with the London Beth Din. (KLBD)
Therefore, I wouldn't want to be the cause of you being limited or deprived, if you anyway use the equivalent hechsher all year around .

Kedassia is a very heimishe, mehadrin, top hechsher accepted by literally everyone. Like saying Badatz Eida Hachredis in EY.

I personally don't use KLBD. But each to his own.

If you are talking about kaifeng as the Chinese restaurant I wouldn't suggest that. In my experience they don't seem to be accommodating and I imagine they use lots of soy sauce in everything.

Op another idea is la fiesta, also on gg road, if you like steaks and grilled food. The owner once told us he does pesach in his restaurant because its not too hard to kasher because he only uses meat and chicken on his grill.

Regarding hechsherim I suggest you research yourself. As you can see there are lots of different opinions. There is only one kedassia restaurant in gg.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 2:59 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Please do your research into them as it would be a shame to limit yourself if you didnā€™t need to because of others opinions

your post is very disrespectful considering how considerate, sensitive and sympathetic I was towards OP'S kashrus standards and made a disclaimer to that effect.

ā€œKedassia is a very heimishe, mehadrin, top hechsher accepted by literally everyone. Like saying Badatz Eida Hachredis in EY.

I personally don't use KLBD. But each to his own.ā€

and I personally find that disrespectful to the very big rabbonim behind KLBD.

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 3:03 am
amother Orange wrote:
ā€œKedassia is a very heimishe, mehadrin, top hechsher accepted by literally everyone. Like saying Badatz Eida Hachredis in EY.

I personally don't use KLBD. But each to his own.ā€

and I personally find that disrespectful to the very big rabbonim behind KLBD.

How sweet to turn the tables round.

Stop acting immature. Everyone is allowed to make their OWN kashrus decisions. Seems like you have a problem on behalf of KLBD if I choose to eat Kedassia. How narrow minded a view.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 3:26 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
The best hechsher is Kedassia.

LOL LOL LOL Iā€™m not even going to bother arguing with you.

I just ask that you stop spreading your nonsense.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries