Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Infant etiquette - events
Previous  1  2

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 11:14 am
So different. In Israel babies up to a year are seen everywhere.

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 12:08 pm
I live in Israel although I didn't grow up here and People bring their babies everywhere. I think it's completly socially off and annoying for the Bal simcha and other guest.

Why would they want to bring their infants and toddlers into these crazy noisy events. It's so overwhelming.

I am not talking about newborns who sleep a lot and are unaware of their surroundings.

I think it's because these women don't fargin themselves in general. They hardly get their sheitels done, buy new clothes is a rarity etc.

They are always straddled with children. I have never made a big simcha yet but my relatives have asked me not to bring my kids and I totally understand.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 12:55 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
I live in Israel although I didn't grow up here and People bring their babies everywhere. I think it's completly socially off and annoying for the Bal simcha and other guest.

Why would they want to bring their infants and toddlers into these crazy noisy events. It's so overwhelming.

I am not talking about newborns who sleep a lot and are unaware of their surroundings.

I think it's because these women don't fargin themselves in general. They hardly get their sheitels done, buy new clothes is a rarity etc.

They are always straddled with children. I have never made a big simcha yet but my relatives have asked me not to bring my kids and I totally understand.

If we're talking about the chareidi community - money is usually tight and there's none for a babysitters.

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 2:02 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
If we're talking about the chareidi community - money is usually tight and there's none for a babysitters.

I totally relate so what we do is we split the event between my husband and I. In the worst case, I bring the baby along, my husband comes out to watch her for a few and I go in to wish mazal tov and leave.

I don't think it's fair to the bal simcha unless you specifically know that she doesn't mind.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 3:08 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
I totally relate so what we do is we split the event between my husband and I. In the worst case, I bring the baby along, my husband comes out to watch her for a few and I go in to wish mazal tov and leave.

I don't think it's fair to the bal simcha unless you specifically know that she doesn't mind.

Its normal here. I wouldn't think twice. What irks me is unsupervised toddlers. I've seen them lick so much food and put it back it's so gross.

Babies under a year can't do much damage.

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 4:03 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Its normal here. I wouldn't think twice. What irks me is unsupervised toddlers. I've seen them lick so much food and put it back it's so gross.

Babies under a year can't do much damage.

They are adorable including my own but there is a time and place for everything.

I dislike being seated at a formal event next to someone busy with her cute baby and getting me dirty. I love children at the park or informal settings such as BBQ night or chanuka parties.

Simchos costs are astronomical and it's a shame to have so many participants busy with their children and at an adult event only. They can't dance or participate normally.

Also, having stollers parked all over and blocking the way is so annoying.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 4:18 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
They are adorable including my own but there is a time and place for everything.

I dislike being seated at a formal event next to someone busy with her cute baby and getting me dirty. I love children at the park or informal settings such as BBQ night or chanuka parties.

Simchos costs are astronomical and it's a shame to have so many participants busy with their children and at an adult event only. They can't dance or participate normally.

Also, having stollers parked all over and blocking the way is so annoying.

I think it's natural and what women have been doing for thousands of years. I don't think it's ideal to leave a small baby at home.

If a mom needs time out herself to recharge I understand but idk a Simcha isn't me time to recharge, at least not for me. I'd get my nails done or get a coffee with a friend.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics