Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Attention NY SLPs
Previous  1  2  3

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 12:41 am
chanie303 wrote:
I’ve worked for the DOE for 13+ years starting from when my kids were little. You can’t beat the benefits, the day ends relatively early, and you can take “religious observance days” that don’t count against your paid days off. They give off rosh hashana and Yom Kippur and pesach already, so it’s just succos and shavuous. Feel free to pm me if you have questions.

What borough do you work in? Do you know of any supervisors looking? I am constantly emailing speech supervisors with no luck

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 12:43 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
I’m an slp, got my degree from touro it cost in the 30 thousand range… where did everyone go to school that is quoting 80-100 grand?!

I won't say what grad program I went to, but a typical one in NY and it was 92k. I made less than 50k last year working as a SLP for an agency. Secretaries get paid more than I do. I would never have gone into the field had I known how little I make. I started working in the evenings to supplement my income but I think its ridiculous that with my masters I have to even consider working more than 2 jobs to make ends meet.

chanie303

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 8:45 am
saltandvinegar wrote:
What borough do you work in? Do you know of any supervisors looking? I am constantly emailing speech supervisors with no luck

You should email the supervisors in May/June and again in mid August because that’s when they hear about retirements and resignations. Timing is everything. I work in Manhattan.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 12:54 pm
I’m an SLP and provide virtual speech therapy (over zoom) doing 1:1 sessions with a facilitator present in person to help the kids. Prep time is minimal because I use a lot of books and boom cards. I’m employed by a large company that provides great support. I love working from home, and I make $7,000 a month for 10 months out of the year (I don’t work summers). Minimal stress, no driving, no having to be work buddies with trashy people. It works well for me BH.

I don’t understand why SLPs don’t stop working these jobs that pay $50k/year. There are better options out there, and you don’t have to relocate.

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 1:37 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I’m an SLP and provide virtual speech therapy (over zoom) doing 1:1 sessions with a facilitator present in person to help the kids. Prep time is minimal because I use a lot of books and boom cards. I’m employed by a large company that provides great support. I love working from home, and I make $7,000 a month for 10 months out of the year (I don’t work summers). Minimal stress, no driving, no having to be work buddies with trashy people. It works well for me BH.

I don’t understand why SLPs don’t stop working these jobs that pay $50k/year. There are better options out there, and you don’t have to relocate.

Care to share what company?
I have looked into telehealth and it seems many are 1099 positions

I dont know what you mean re the bolded

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 2:02 pm
W2 position, I don’t want to say which company because someone might recognize me but if you do a little digging there are lots of W2 options.

Work buddies comment was because I’ve worked in places where I was the only Jew and I had to hear lots of bad language and conversations about gross topics.

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 4:53 pm
amother Almond wrote:
W2 position, I don’t want to say which company because someone might recognize me but if you do a little digging there are lots of W2 options.

Work buddies comment was because I’ve worked in places where I was the only Jew and I had to hear lots of bad language and conversations about gross topics.

I have looked. I am in a bunch of facebook group for remote SLP jobs. How is it helpful to say how great your company is but then not say the name of it? TMI

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 5:29 pm
I don’t want my married daughters to know I’m on here so I don’t say things that would make them recognize me. I prefer my privacy. Not sure why that deserves a rude response. I was trying to help other SLPs and I don’t owe anyone anything. People’s boundaries should be respected.

I found my job by reading posts on SLP facebook groups about which companies are good. I applied to three of them, and interviewed. I got hired pretty quickly. There’s an SLP shortage so it was pretty easy.

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 5:31 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I don’t want my married daughters to know I’m on here so I don’t say things that would make them recognize me. I prefer my privacy. Not sure why that deserves a rude response. I was trying to help other SLPs and I don’t owe anyone anything. People’s boundaries should be respected.

I found my job by reading posts on SLP facebook groups about which companies are good. I applied to three of them, and interviewed. I got hired pretty quickly. There’s an SLP shortage so it was pretty easy.

I didnt think I was being rude, I apologize if I came across that way... I just find the secrecy not so helpful to other SLPs who are looking to get out of agency jobs, but I understand why you don't feel the need to share. I guess I will keep looking around...

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 5:35 pm
Have you looked like websites like Indeed? If you enter SLP new york new york and 85k you get 235 results.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries