Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Not attention grabbing costume

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:33 am
So it's not really accepted for women to dress up in my community. I kinda toe the line, last year we did sushi and the adults were sushi chefs and the kids with related items like avocado, srircha etc.

One year I dressed up as a frum lady from a different type of frum community. I really enjoyed dressing up but I am trying to think of ideas that are dressing up but aren't super eye catching - like as clothing generally worn by some kind of a human somewhere in the world I guess.

But also would love to do a family theme.....

Ideas please!

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:35 am
amother OP wrote:
So it's not really accepted for women to dress up in my community. I kinda toe the line, last year we did sushi and the adults were sushi chefs and the kids with related items like avocado, srircha etc.

One year I dressed up as a frum lady from a different type of frum community. I really enjoyed dressing up but I am trying to think of ideas that are dressing up but aren't super eye catching - like as clothing generally worn by some kind of a human somewhere in the world I guess.

But also would love to do a family theme.....

Ideas please!

Whenever DH and I travel, we bring back native costumes from that country. Maybe do something like that?

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:36 am
Stewardess

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:38 am
Something with a T-shirt or a hat as opposed to a while costume

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:40 am
You be Martha Stewart (dress well put together casual) and your kids be cakes, pies, crochet creations or flowers

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:43 am
You be Betsy Ross (regular dress plus 13 star American flag), your children be Revolutionary war soldiers, DH be George Washington

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:48 am
We do family themes and I usually join along in a subtle way.
The year we were astronauts, I got a beanie with the NASA logo on it, when we did a circus theme I wore a black ringleaders jacket.
My kids love that I go along with it, and I don’t feel so out of place in my community.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:53 am
You be Laura Ingalls Wilder (quill and ink & notepad for props, regular slightly old fashioned dress), the rest of the family be characters from Little House on the Prairie (pioneer era)

Roots

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 1:29 pm
lifeguard (lifegurad writtew across the back +whistle +clipboard)
ikea worker- yellow short sleev collar top on white shell, dark skirt
we once dresses up as tea bags and I inserted the tea stringwith the wizotsky logo (without the actuall tea bag) through my earring hole so they were my "earrings"

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 2:25 pm
Your kids and husband crayons and you the color clothes that is missing. E.g. Blue skirt and top and the crayons will be all colors besides blue.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 2:59 pm
Borrow a completely different wig colour from a friend.

Im blonde and borrowed a friends black one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics