Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Being there for kids after work...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:35 pm
It's so hard after working full day to be present for my kids. I just wanna take a bowl of ice cream, go under my covers and binge watch Netflix. How do you all do it?!

Machel

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's so hard after working full day to be present for my kids. I just wanna take a bowl of ice cream, go under my covers and binge watch Netflix. How do you all do it?!

I have no idea. I also want to have my dinner and watch TV after work. I try to break it down into manageable chunks, so I focus on only 1 hour at a time. And some nights we play and some they watch TV and I hide.

And don't get my started on dealing with the house after bedtime. It's a lot

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:02 pm
Machel wrote:
I have no idea. I also want to have my dinner and watch TV after work. I try to break it down into manageable chunks, so I focus on only 1 hour at a time. And some nights we play and some they watch TV and I hide.

And don't get my started on dealing with the house after bedtime. It's a lot

Omg washing the bottles 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫.

accountantmommy

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:02 pm
We are super scheduled and it works to an extent bc kids are little. I finish at 5 and then from then on is family time until bed time at 7:30 which can take varied amounts of time depending on kids. Then I work 2 more hours and can hang out with my husband or clean 10:30 to 11. Then sleep til 5:30 and start working again Smile So total I get 30 min of chill time but I know at elast that I can get it. It also feels manageable to handle 2.5 hours of dinner and hanging out with kids

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:04 pm
I think work gives me the mental and physical space that when I come home I am happy to see my kids. Which is why I would fail at being a SAHM.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:06 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I think work gives me the mental and physical space that when I come home I am happy to see my kids. Which is why I would fail at being a SAHM.

My dream is to be a sahm

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:07 pm
accountantmommy wrote:
We are super scheduled and it works to an extent bc kids are little. I finish at 5 and then from then on is family time until bed time at 7:30 which can take varied amounts of time depending on kids. Then I work 2 more hours and can hang out with my husband or clean 10:30 to 11. Then sleep til 5:30 and start working again Smile So total I get 30 min of chill time but I know at elast that I can get it. It also feels manageable to handle 2.5 hours of dinner and hanging out with kids

Omg how much hours do you work weekly?!

accountantmommy

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Omg how much hours do you work weekly?!

55 TMI

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:11 pm
I get home at 5:30 and go straight to kitchen to heat up supper. Some nights I can't deal with kids so they're on screens and some nights I have more energy. It's really hard

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:12 pm
accountantmommy wrote:
55 TMI

Wow, omg. I'll try not to complain about my 32 hour job anymore.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:42 pm
I teach full time and bring my kids home from work with me. There is literally no downtime without kids until about 10 at night. I am so tired.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:16 pm
accountantmommy wrote:

Wow! Kol hakovod to you! May you always have the strength for that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics