Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How far to space vaccines (teen)- time sensitive!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 3:42 am
My son is due for a booster on one meningitis vaccine and a first of a second meningitis vaccine (which has a second dose a month later I think)
For those that space vaccines, would you give these 2 shots at the same time or separately? If separate, how long do I wait between them?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 3:23 pm
bump

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 1:00 am
anyone know?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 1:02 am
I don't know about two different types of meningitis shots. We give one at age 12 and same thing again at 16.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 4:38 am
Probably asking a professional who can get behind spacing vaccinations is the way to go as opposed to asking random women on a website for their uneducated opinion.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 7:44 am
No professional can recommend spacing or they will lose professional license.

The rule is the bigger the space the better.

Are you sure you must do both?

Many schools and camps will accept with one and youcan do second one whenever.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:17 am
This is the booster to the 12 yr one. But there is now a second type of meningitis shot they also want to give. I think I'll go with just the booster for now and then give the 2nd type after some time. How much time should I wait is the question? A couple months? I will tell them I'm not comfortable giving more than 1 shot at a time. I think they'll listen.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:18 am
amother Orchid wrote:
I don't know about two different types of meningitis shots. We give one at age 12 and same thing again at 16.

There's a new one on the list now for older teens

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:31 am
The longer you wait the better. I’d want at least 1 month in between, with lots of detox support.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 12:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is the booster to the 12 yr one. But there is now a second type of meningitis shot they also want to give. I think I'll go with just the booster for now and then give the 2nd type after some time. How much time should I wait is the question? A couple months? I will tell them I'm not comfortable giving more than 1 shot at a time. I think they'll listen.

How long should you wait?

As long as possible.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 12:40 pm
I haven't heard about a second meningitis shot. You might want to find out if it's mandatory for school attendance in your state. If it isn't, skip it.

Can you say which state you are in? I have a bad feeling about something here, but I don't want to say it before you confirm which state you are in.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 12:41 pm
Can you check for titers? Would that be enough to avoid the booster?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 5:01 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Can you check for titers? Would that be enough to avoid the booster?

I asked the dr and he said no, because you dont know exactly when they'll lose the titers so even if he has now, doesn't mean it will be there in a few months. etc.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 5:01 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
I haven't heard about a second meningitis shot. You might want to find out if it's mandatory for school attendance in your state. If it isn't, skip it.

Can you say which state you are in? I have a bad feeling about something here, but I don't want to say it before you confirm which state you are in.

MD. I don't know if it's mandatory for school. It's on the drs list of scheduled vaccines he has hanging in his office.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 5:03 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
The longer you wait the better. I’d want at least 1 month in between, with lots of detox support.

OK thanks. I was thinking immune support, I gave him a multivitamin. What else should I give? What's detox support?

ap

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 5:08 pm
I was told to take liposomal vitamin C
You can ask in the health food store they sell something specific I don't know the name
Miracle clay might also be helpful

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 5:18 pm
waiting a month or two or ten before pulling the trigger on the gun in russian roulette.... you're STILL playing russian roulette. MANY people are FINE getting one vaccine or a few together. Those who die from a vaccine or are permanently disabled--- it can happen when they're babies or it can happen when they're teens. If you don't feel right about it, trust your intuition and just don't do it. There are states in which you are not required to vaccinate in order to enroll your child in school. Are you afraid of meningitis? Or are you afraid of the list of side effects from the vaccine? That's up to you and your child. Personally I don't vaccinate. Am I risking meningitis? Yes. Am I also risking it if I give the vaccine? Also yes.

amother
Thistle

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 3:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
OK thanks. I was thinking immune support, I gave him a multivitamin. What else should I give? What's detox support?

Nonsense in tomato juice.

Just give vitamin c and d.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
MD. I don't know if it's mandatory for school. It's on the drs list of scheduled vaccines he has hanging in his office.

It is not mandatory for school

https://health.maryland.gov/ph.....l.pdf

In fact, only one dose of the one your kid already had is mandated for school, so I do not understand why you would want to give a booster.

In addition, there is no second meningitis even listed on this list. The CDC does have another meningitis listed https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/s......html
but as you can tell from the key
Quote:
children not at increased risk may get the vaccine if they wish after speaking to a provider.

From you OP you seem to be hesitant about the vaccines. If you want them, go for them, but if you're looking to get away with the least possible, you should insist on skipping this one altogether. Your doctor is pushing every last one on the CDC schedule. Most parents who are vaccine-hesitant only give the ones required for school.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Detox support are things that open the detox pathways like magnesium, Epsom salt, glutathione, methylated b vitamins, melatonin, and antioxidants like whole food c, vitamin e, fish oil. Liver support like castor oil packs, milk thistle, liver life or liver lover from bioray are a good idea. Silica like biosil or Fiji water is good for mopping up aluminum. Ledum palsutre is a good homeopathic remedy in such a situation.

Be careful with immune support, you do NOT want to boost the immune system after vaccines. Also, avoid chlorine and tylenol.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics