Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pill to lose weight
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 8:56 pm
Please no judgement. If you’re going to comment negatively, please stop reading and exit the thread.
Here goes: I’ve been trying to lose 30 pounds for over 10 months but nothing doing. I believe that the Mirena IUD isn’t allowing me to lose weight and I am not taking it out or switching to a different IUD. I’ve been walking 40 min each day, and doing exercise to target my stomach area and eating very healthy but weight isn’t budging. Did anyone take any pills that helped them lose weight? Or can recommend anything? (NOT OZEMPIC!)
* I’ve spoken to my dr and did blood work and nothing wrong showed up.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 8:58 pm
I know nothing about it personally but have you tried Melta and their eating plan?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 10:05 pm
Nope.. anyone here tried it?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 10:09 pm
When nothing works, try strength training.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 10:30 pm
There are all sorts of medications that exist for weight loss. In my experience they aren't the most effective but here is what I know of:

Buproprion (side effect is weight loss sometimes. Didnt work for me)
Contrave (never tried it)
Phentermine (tried it twice and it worked the first time but not the second. Made me jittery and anxious)
Saxenda (daily injection. Didn't work for me)

I know you said not ozempic but I can't help myself. There is another injection that is similar that is called mounjaro. I tried it for 3 months and it was a massive game changer. Unfortunately they changed the requirements that you must have diabetes to get it covered by insurance. So I couldn't afford it anymore. But if you could get your hands on it- that is what I recommend.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 10:32 pm
Qysemia worked wonders for me.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 6:32 am
Anything without a prescription?

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 7:18 am
My best friend is on Wugova not sure how you spelled it and lost 10 lbs in the first month.
I wouldn’t recommend any medication that doesn’t require an Rx.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 8:41 am
Op are you me? I have literally the same exact scenario. I also have mirena iud I didn't think that was the problem. I've lost weight with it before. I'm so frustrated. I eat healthy I get enough sleep and I exercise a lot. No matter what I do the pounds won't leave me. Sooo frustrating!!!!
Especially when my mother makes comments like wow this person had a baby the same time as you and already looks back to herself. 😫
Im trying!!

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 9:49 am
I have lost over 60lbs since sukkos. It's not a pill, it's not "magic", and it's not always easy, but I find this method to be the easiest to lose weight. I've tried almost all the other methods and this is the only thing that works for me. No it's not optavia.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 9:58 am
miami85 wrote:
I have lost over 60lbs since sukkos. It's not a pill, it's not "magic", and it's not always easy, but I find this method to be the easiest to lose weight. I've tried almost all the other methods and this is the only thing that works for me. No it's not optavia.

What is your method? I’ve been trying since succos to lose 20 lbs and it’s not happening.

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 11:57 am
amother Caramel wrote:
What is your method? I’ve been trying since succos to lose 20 lbs and it’s not happening.

The TrimYou Spray diet. I do it between pregnancies to lose my baby weight and it always works. It's not always an easy plan to maintain but it's easier than any other method. My husband has been trying other methods and he's been getting frustrated and he said that after pesach he's joining me for my final round.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:07 pm
miami85 wrote:
The TrimYou Spray diet. I do it between pregnancies to lose my baby weight and it always works. It's not always an easy plan to maintain but it's easier than any other method. My husband has been trying other methods and he's been getting frustrated and he said that after pesach he's joining me for my final round.

What is the spray supposed to do?

What is the actual diet?

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:19 pm
amother Maple wrote:
What is the spray supposed to do?

What is the actual diet?

While the weight loss part is simple--you eat 4 foods from a list of approved foods twice a day+ drinking water and other approved beverages, there are some complexities of the maintenance phase. They have a guide to the approved foods, it's not "al regel achas" but if you PM me I can explain more.
The Spray acts as an appetite suppressant and helps facilitate your ketosis while you are only actually consuming about 500 cals/ day and literally using the fat already in your body for fuel. While it sounds like a little, if you follow the rules, you will not feel like you are starving any more than any other diet.

It can be challenging if you are a picky eater or eat out a lot, but if you can manage to make and eat your own food for 3 months at a time, you'll lose on average 30-40lbs in those 3 months.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:22 pm
miami85 wrote:
While the weight loss part is simple--you eat 4 foods from a list of approved foods twice a day+ drinking water and other approved beverages, there are some complexities of the maintenance phase. They have a guide to the approved foods, it's not "al regel achas" but if you PM me I can explain more.
The Spray acts as an appetite suppressant and helps facilitate your ketosis while you are only actually consuming about 500 cals/ day and literally using the fat already in your body for fuel. While it sounds like a little, if you follow the rules, you will not feel like you are starving any more than any other diet.

It can be challenging if you are a picky eater or eat out a lot, but if you can manage to make and eat your own food for 3 months at a time, you'll lose on average 30-40lbs in those 3 months.

Thank you.

Does it work without the spray, or using less of the spray? It seems very pricey on Amazon.

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:26 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Thank you.

Does it work without the spray, or using less of the spray? It seems very pricey on Amazon.

You cannot lose weight safely without the spray. It may seem pricey but one bottle will last more than one round and you make up the difference from all the food you aren't buying. It's also a "bird in hand" meaning you will lose weight if you follow the rules more than trying 5 more diets that won't work. Keto is expensive considering all the protein and nuts you need to eat and while cheats are not encouraged, you might lose a day or two of progress, not take 3 days to get back into ketosis any time you eat a cookie.

I will say at this point you need to wait until after pesach to start.

Last edited by miami85 on Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:26 pm
miami85 wrote:
You cannot lose weight safely without the spray. It may seem pricey but one bottle will last more than one round and you make up the difference from all the food you aren't buying.

I will say at this point you need to wait until after pesach to start.

Thanks. Do you feel healthy on the diet, or more low energy because of the low calorie?

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:32 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Thanks. Do you feel healthy on the diet, or more low energy because of the low calorie?

Sometimes I feel tired--hey I have 6 kids and a full-time job, but I felt WAY more tired and sluggish when I'm not on the diet.

I was at a point before my diet where I was needing 2 coffees a day +nap to get through the day--which meant no time for exercise.

On this diet, I'm drinking a morning tea (coffee is discouraged, though they recently updated officially saying that some people aren't affected so I've been more courageous to try coffee) and not napping, sometime I'll drink an energy seltzer in the afternoon. But I am getting WAY more done not focusing on food all day. Trying to calculate macros etc. I try to get a Jumbo package of chicken cutlets and ground beef cook it all and then freeze my little portions and just grab one and warm it up for supper.

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:36 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Do you feel healthy on the diet?

Yes, I feel great, and I'm looking great and everyone is asking "what's my secret"

I can be at a kiddush on shabbos and people are eating all around me and while the food LOOKS good and SMELLS good, I feel no desire to bring it to my mouth.

It was funny I was just recently talking to someone about it at a kiddush and someone was like munching on a food while we were schmoozing and I'm telling her what I'm not allowed to eat and she's like "I'm so sorry for eating in front of you"--and I'm like "no, I'm really fine"

And no, it's not will power. My "will power" stinks. I don't enjoy the maintenance phases--they are different for everyone and have strict rules and that's when the real work starts, but it's a lot easier to focus on not gaining weight when you are 50lbs lighter and ok, if you need to you go back on the diet to lose the weight before things get out of control.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 12:38 pm
miami85 wrote:
Sometimes I feel tired--hey I have 6 kids and a full-time job, but I felt WAY more tired and sluggish when I'm not on the diet.

I was at a point before my diet where I was needing 2 coffees a day +nap to get through the day--which meant no time for exercise.

On this diet, I'm drinking a morning tea (coffee is discouraged, though they recently updated officially saying that some people aren't affected so I've been more courageous to try coffee) and not napping, sometime I'll drink an energy seltzer in the afternoon. But I am getting WAY more done not focusing on food all day. Trying to calculate macros etc. I try to get a Jumbo package of chicken cutlets and ground beef cook it all and then freeze my little portions and just grab one and warm it up for supper.

Thank you for your help! Right now I'm on a diet where I'm busy prepping/ weighing food and I am DONE with that. I might try to switch to this after Pesach.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise