Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you eat Lubavitch shechita
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:35 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Is lubavitcher shechita very available in Israel these days?

If you know where to look
It's definitely available in a few stores in some larger cities. There are also a couple of companies that you can make telephone or internet orders, and will deliver. Personally I live in RBS and order from a family who gets large orders for reselliing

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:43 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
There is actually a difference in the shchita with chabad. The knives are different. It isn't just political-- there is a halachic difference there. I would prefer to not use it but in my city it is impossible due to political reasons LOL . Chabad controls a lot here... and is very bossy/picky. And no I am not in Crown Heights. Just a big frum community outside NY.

That is not so anymore. Today all shechita is done with a Chabad knife. My husband worked in a non Chabad slaughterhouse for many years.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:04 am
I am chabad and we don't eat only lub shechita, we eat any reliable hechsher. But we live very oot and there is not so much available.

we prefer lub shechita if it is available though.

Eating lub shechita also limits eating out in restaurants, very few restaurants (outsde the USA) have lubavitch shechita.

My parents and a couple of siblings only eat lub shechita, most of us are more flexible.

In London a lot of lubavitchers will eat kedassia because many of the shochtim are lubavitch but not other hechsherim.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:13 am
amother Jean wrote:
That is not so anymore. Today all shechita is done with a Chabad knife. My husband worked in a non Chabad slaughterhouse for many years.

Also, a lot of these operations including not not limited to Empire have a LOT of chabad shochtim.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:13 am
No- chareidi/yeshivish in Israel. Most of my friends don’t either

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:20 am
Landa shechita is a world renowned top hechsher used by all chassidim , and even litvishers who don't use it will admit it's political. The rav ( Harav Landa) is a lubavitcher

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:26 am
Many lubavitcher shochtim work under other hechsherim. For those who won't eat chicken or meat shechted by a mishichist shochet, how would you know?

My guess OP is that you're Satmar. The two groups have had beef with each other, excuse the pun, for many years. I don't think there is anything current (last 25 years) but the not eating the others shcita still stands.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:47 am
amother Milk wrote:
That’s why it’s avoided because we can’t know. It’s not eaten by a few large communities because of problems with meshichist. This is not just a satmar thing

Whats that?
I am Belz and I also only eat certain Hechsheirim in meat, but I have no idea why. My DH won't eat in certain restaurants (he would let me since he won't force upon me his minhogim) But what is the reason why we don't eat some?
I see many of you saying it's political, is it? My DH isn't the type to fall for what everyone is saying, If he doesn't eat certain meat, there must be another reason.
He did say once, that some hechsherim sell the meat that some would deem unkosher due to higher stringencies...
(yes ill ask him once he gets home... lol, just curious what fellow imas say)

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:52 am
The not eating Lubavitch existed way before Meshichist did.
And the vast vast majority of Lubavitchers are NOT meshichist.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:56 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
Whats that?
I am Belz and I also only eat certain Hechsheirim in meat, but I have no idea why. My DH won't eat in certain restaurants (he would let me since he won't force upon me his minhogim) But what is the reason why we don't eat some?
I see many of you saying it's political, is it? My DH isn't the type to fall for what everyone is saying, If he doesn't eat certain meat, there must be another reason.
He did say once, that some hechsherim sell the meat that some would deem unkosher due to higher stringencies...

Some is political, some is about lower standards. We aren’t chassidish and don’t eat all hechsherim because some rely on more meikil things.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:58 am
amother Milk wrote:
That’s why it’s avoided because we can’t know. It’s not eaten by a few large communities because of problems with meshichist. This is not just a satmar thing

She said we don't eat theirs and they don't eat ours. The only shcita that any lubavitchers davka don't eat is satmer. The don't eat ours is what gave it away to me.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:00 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Whats that?

I know someone that worked in a factory for rabbanut chickens and he said the chickens they deemed not kosher and posul chassam sofer peach tikva bought off of them. I also called a mashgiach for chassam sofer peach tikva for a local resteraunt and asked him what chickens they used. He said he needs to check on the computer what that place uses. I was like "Wait, on the computer? You don't know off the top of your head? How often do you visit the resteraunt?" He called me chutzpqdik and hung up. That was the last time we ate that hescher.

Meshichsm is where chabadniks believe the rebbe is moshiach.

There's politics but there's also real issues.

crust

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:18 pm
There are two separate issues being discussed here but they are not the same and do not belong in the same discussion.

1. Shitas in shchita
2. Politics in companies

There's a real difference in the halachos and shitas of Chabad, Bais Yosef and various chassidishe/heimishe shchitas.

These differences are based on halacha and mesorah and there are serious differences in the actual practices.

To say that there are politics in these differences is simply a lack of education.

It's like saying that Nusach Sfard vs. Ashkenazi is political. 🙄

The second discussion is that there are companies including hechsherim companies and that's where politics come in.

exhausted

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:43 pm
I have to say there is a lot of ignorance and misinformation on this thread. What does the fact that a Lubavitch shochet is a meshichist or not have to do with the kashrus of his shchita? The most important requirements for a good shochet are his knowledge of halacha, his ehrlichkeit and his Yiras Shamayim. None of which are affected by his beliefs of if the Rebbe is Moshiach or not!!

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:20 pm
Will buy it if it's a good price or nothing else left.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:29 pm
I think Satmar/Lubavitch shechita thing stemmed from a serious machlokes totally unrelated directly to kashrus. Many who were not centralized in CH (from the chabad side) in those days, at that time, don't differentiate on Satmar hashgachah but some still do for even non-meat things. I did learn the Rebbetzin, at least with respect to non meat--not sure about meat--, ate Satmar hashgachah foods, and when the Rebbe was questioned, defended her on this.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:29 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Is lubavitcher shechita very available in Israel these days?

I see it very rarely. Guess it's more common in chabad areas.

ChassidishMommy

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:33 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
She said we don't eat theirs and they don't eat ours. The only shcita that any lubavitchers davka don't eat is satmer. The don't eat ours is what gave it away to me.

She asks if it's the same as with other Chassidish hechsheirim. So I gather she's Litvish. Many Litvaks have an issue with Lubavitch you know.

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:44 pm
ChassidishMommy wrote:
She asks if it's the same as with other Chassidish hechsheirim. So I gather she's Litvish. Many Litvaks have an issue with Lubavitch you know.

Yes, we know Very Happy
They aren't shy about it

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:49 pm
werty wrote:
Yes, we know Very Happy
They aren't shy about it

Ugh I don't think that's true.
I have a problem with people who are mashicus, but otherwise, lubovitch people are amazing and part of am yisrael just like us. The chesed that lubovitch and chassidim do it unreal. I have heard from a huge rav that the chesed the chassidim/ lubovitch do with the learning that the litvish does will bring mashiach. We are one team.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics