Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you eat Lubavitch shechita
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:51 pm
Does anyone have a close relative who is a Shochet? A shochet once told me that Chabad and other Shechitas differ as to which rib they eat from as relating to the gid hanashe. Does anyone know if it's true?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:52 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
Ugh I don't think that's true.
I have a problem with people who are mashicus, but otherwise, lubovitch people are amazing and part of am yisrael just like us. The chesed that lubovitch and chassidim do it unreal. I have heard from a huge rav that the chesed the chassidim/ lubovitch do with the learning that the litvish does will bring mashiach. We are one team.

You're making a salad of Chabad and chassidim.
They're not the same category.

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:53 pm
So if you are traveling, do you not trust their Mikvahs? I assume you do you not eat / get food from their Chabad houses? ……

Personally, I think B”H for Chabad and all the wonderful programming they bring and all the many ways they enhance my, and many peoples lives.

Last edited by BatyaEsther on Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:54 pm
amother cornflower wrote:

Um they are both based off of chassidus and chesed is engrained in them.
And that’s not true, all I pointed out is that they both are chesed oriented.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:55 pm
amother cornflower wrote:

Chabad ARE chasiddim!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:55 pm
werty wrote:
Landa shechita is a world renowned top hechsher used by all chassidim , and even litvishers who don't use it will admit it's political. The rav ( Harav Landa) is a lubavitcher

Things have changed my dear.
Harav Landau hechsherim is today under two Rabbanim, Rav Rosenblatt and Rav Landau who is Chabad but has been in litvish yeshivot.
Today litvishe people do eat Landau.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:03 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Chabad ARE chasiddim!

Ok. I hear you and I have no problem agreeing with you here.

In real life most people in our society do not consider Chabad the same way they consider the rest of chassidim.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:08 pm
As a Lubavitcher, my family is careful to eat Lubavitch shchita. We do live in crown heights though. It has absolutely nothing to do with meshichists & everything to do with the fact that we believe that by learning chassidus & tanya, the shochtim will have yiras shemayim.
There's many stories about stores & restaurants that we're serving meat that wasn't kosher & people were saved from eating treif due to abstaining for it not being Lubavitch shchita.
This is my experience & what I was told when I asked about it.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:08 pm
As I understand the knives are sharpened differently. I think both sides (like a chef’s knife) vs. one side.

DH does not want me to use a Chabad mikva.

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:10 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Things have changed my dear.
Harav Landau hechsherim is today under two Rabbanim, Rav Rosenblatt and Rav Landau who is Chabad but has been in litvish yeshivot.
Today litvishe people do eat Landau.

The previous Rav Landa was in litvish yeshivot, the current one learnt in lubavitch.
But ok it's not really relevant.
The fact still remains that the hechsher has always been top notch, and the people who rejected it, by their own admission did so for political reasons. And is actually proved by what you just said now, that now they eat it. The standards haven't changed an iota ( I know this for a fact) but politics have.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:23 pm
werty wrote:
The previous Rav Landa was in litvish yeshivot, the current one learnt in lubavitch.
But ok it's not really relevant.
The fact still remains that the hechsher has always been top notch, and the people who rejected it, by their own admission did so for political reasons. And is actually proved by what you just said now, that now they eat it. The standards haven't changed an iota ( I know this for a fact) but politics have.

The current definitely learned in litvishe yeshiva ktana together with my BIL! Yeshivat Or Israel in Petach Tikva.
There was a good reason why litvishe people didn't eat Landau.
When the grand father of the current Landau rabbi passed away the mayor of BB announced that the son was to be they city's rabbi. This was done without consulting with any rabbanim.
The response was that litvish people stopped to buy Landau hechsher.

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:25 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
The current definitely learned in litvishe yeshiva ktana together with my BIL! Yeshivat Or Israel in Petach Tikva.
There was a good reason why litvishe people didn't eat Landau.
When the grand father of the current Landau rabbi passed away the mayor of BB announced that the son was to be they city's rabbi. This was done without consulting with any rabbanim.
The response was that litvish people stopped to buy Landau hechsher.

I.e. politics. You just admitted it right here.

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:33 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Does anyone have a close relative who is a Shochet? A shochet once told me that Chabad and other Shechitas differ as to which rib they eat from as relating to the gid hanashe. Does anyone know if it's true?

I don't think anyone, except maybe some sfardim, eat the back of the animal which is the part that contains the gid hanashe. Its just too complex to remove so almost all kashrus authorities don't bother, it gets sold as treif or maybe halal.

Also, the word is Meshichist.

turca

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:35 pm
ChassidishMommy wrote:
She asks if it's the same as with other Chassidish hechsheirim. So I gather she's Litvish. Many Litvaks have an issue with Lubavitch you know.

Sure...lubavitchers are the most accepting ppl around...they accept all other rabbanim and colors of Judaism... my foot!

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:40 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
What the heck does bgashmiyus mean?

Chabad Chassidus has a lot of learning about gadlus Hashem (and emunas tzaddikim) and also has its own distinct vocabulary.

Which leads to alot of confusion with those unfamiliar with chabad philosophy.

According to Chabad Chassidus, the way many of us feel Hashem runs the world is missing a huge dimension at best or has a smell of shituf at worst (as there is power/existence attributed to reality of the world in simplified terms).
For a scratch of the surface:
https://www.chabad.org/therebb.....1.htm

It's this philosophy that gave chabad the strength to do what they did under communist Russia and the shluchim the strength to do what they do today.

Most Chabad I know will only eat (or make strong effort to seek out) chabad shechita (and satmar is not singled out in this area).

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:42 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
We definitely eat chabad hechsherim and we are chareidi litvish.
In Israel.

I would imagine that the recent OK scandal with the treif (“kosher”) meat in the Jersey restaurant didn’t make anyone feel more confident in their hashgacha practices,

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:44 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Where I live, all the frum ppl eat any glat kosher meat.
Besides for two families who have more particular stringencies. Respect.

It’s not about respect at all.
It’s about one’s standards.
Some are known to be more reliable than other.

Most people I know don’t eat OU meat (or in a OU meant restaurant) unless it has an additional more reliable hashgacha

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:52 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
Yes.
Except everyone else's neshama goes up from level to level to enjoy Gan eden (and therefore gets less and less connected to this world) vs. a leader who forgoes that to continue to care for his students.
Also a regular person while on this earth relates to the world through his physical senses which dulls our perception of spirituality unless we learn or get inspired.
A tzaddik still "sees" this world through spiritual lenses also while still alive.

I think the difference is outside the Lubavitch world we don’t claim to understand what happens to people after they die. We might discuss what meforshim say but we don’t believe a specific person is alive.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:53 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I would imagine that the recent OK scandal with the treif (“kosher”) meat in the Jersey restaurant didn’t make anyone feel more confident in their hashgacha practices,

I'm not familiar with any OK scandal in Jersey or outside.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:55 pm
Rappel wrote:
Do you mind my asking:

In Israel, I know there are people whom still write letters to the Rebbe, and receive replies.

Do you think that's legitimate? WHOM is answering these letters?

Also:

What do you think of treating the Rebbe as a living, tangible influence in our lives?

First, it’s “who” is answering, not whom.

Second, they don’t get physical answers, they put their hand in the Rebbe’s igros as a way to get an answer to a question they have.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics