Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Please help Goldsmith Swim fulfill our dreams

Yael

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:45 am
I am a long time member of Imamother and I am turning to my fellow Imamothers for help.

I have a dream which is almost coming to fruition. My dream is to build an indoor pool in our backyard and run a full service swim school . This will meet so many needs, both on a personal level and a community level. On a personal level, it will give me a chance to support my family with dignity and break the cycle of poverty.

It will allow me to do something I love, that makes me feel physically great and lessens my chronic pain, and take away the constant stress of working 3-4 jobs at any given time to pay the bills. It will give me the chance to do something I have only seen success in, and to turn my passion into my business.

On a community level, there are no options for separate swimming lessons in Cleveland and the JCC has limited separate swimming hours . Many kids and even adults go for mixed lessons or never learn how to swim properly. Every summer within weeks of opening up, I have a waiting list , and many more kids interested in signing up for lessons than I can fit in the short summer season with only an outdoor pool. I have a strong belief that every child needs to learn how to swim . I try to give as many discounts as I can afford to without taking away from my livelihood (most of the customers who I service are low income ). If I see a customer can’t afford to pay , I work with them. This is coming from someone who is barely making ends meet, but this is my one chance to give to the community in a way that few others can.

I started off small, with an above ground pool in our backyard. My background in education together with my certifications in aquatics has helped me have a lot of success with teaching kids with a gentle scaffolding approach that leaves the kids and parents thrilled. B”H I have had tremendous success and many more customers than I can fit into my schedule in the short summer months. So far, we have used the profits from the business to buy land and give a down payment towards the building. We have drawn the plans , and applied for a mortgage. Due to our history of many years of low income (living on a teacher/ klei kodesh salary) , we have only been approved for about 80% of the funding we need to get the building completed. I am turning to you, fellow imamothers to help me out.

No donation is too small, any amount will help us to our ultimate goal, which is to prevent drowning through swimming lesson, training lifeguards, and training parents in first aid and cpr. I want to be able to help more people, but I can’t do it alone. Please if you have money to spare and are able to help me , please click on the link below and give whatever you can.

Please let me know how I can help you in return for your kindness (whether it’s teaching a cpr class for free as a zechus for a Refuah Shlayma, putting a plaque up in our new building, sponsoring a specific family or special needs child for free lessons, the possibilities of helping people through www.goldsmithswim.com are endless.

https://thechesedfund.com/gold.....-pool

Thank you and tizku lamitzvos.

Sponsored Post

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:43 pm
Wishing you much hatzlacha on this venture!
(And bumping it in the process 😉)

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:39 pm
My daughter is a happy client!!! (well truthfully I'm happier than she is---- she doesn't really think swimming is her thing but it's important to us that she learn!). She does LOVE Mrs. Goldsmith and donated from her own money. Our community will be so very grateful to have an indoor pool with year round lessons available!

S11

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:59 pm
My daughter took lessons this past summer and really learned a lot! You are really a great teacher. I wish you much Hatzlacha and can’t wait until the indoor pool is ready. Just a question, picture looks like the pool has big mostly glass walls. Won’t it be difficult to keep it warm in our cold winters? And also tznius?

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:36 am
[quote="S11"]My daughter took lessons this past summer and really learned a lot! You are really a great teacher. I wish you much Hatzlacha and can’t wait until the indoor pool is ready. Just a question, picture looks like the pool has big mostly glass walls. Won’t it be difficult to keep it warm in our cold winters? And also tznius?[/quote

Thank you for your support! The pool will have tinted glass windows around the structure. The reason we did it that way (besides that it’s the cheapest type of structure to add) is that it’s easy to change it for a indoor or outdoor pool by opening the windows . Also it’s going to be insulated and heated. We do hope to also put up a fence around the pool, there is still more we are working on editing and adding (like we plan on having a few showers and changing areas built on the deck (which we have to have in their for zoning reasons ) and that will also block the outside view.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 12:37 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
My daughter is a happy client!!! (well truthfully I'm happier than she is---- she doesn't really think swimming is her thing but it's important to us that she learn!). She does LOVE Mrs. Goldsmith and donated from her own money. Our community will be so very grateful to have an indoor pool with year round lessons available!

Thank you!!
We’ll get her liking swimming sooner than later I hope! As kids improve in their skills it becomes more and more fun and relaxing.

rgr

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 11:50 pm
https://fox8.com/video/local-h.....0665/

local-high-schooler-saves-baby-sister-from-drowning/

Kol hakavod

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:18 am
Donated!

notshanarishona

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:35 am
S11 wrote:
My daughter took lessons this past summer and really learned a lot! You are really a great teacher. I wish you much Hatzlacha and can’t wait until the indoor pool is ready. Just a question, picture looks like the pool has big mostly glass walls. Won’t it be difficult to keep it warm in our cold winters? And also tznius?

We took yours (and many people feedback ) and restructured the room around the pool to be an actual room instead of windows. Has the advantage of being able to have changing rooms in the pool room which will be a huge help. Added about 6 weeks (and a few thousand dollarsl to the project but the new drawings look so much nicer and I am really excited.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:17 am
Here is another posted interview B”h
https://www.score.org/clevelan.....chool

BH Yom Yom

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:22 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Here is another posted interview B”h
https://www.score.org/clevelan.....chool

Applause Applause Applause
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics